Join us for a morning of manic head to head pinball competition in the Netherworld - Maximum Matchplay!
Over the course of roughly 3 hours, you’ll be pitted against a variety of opponents on a large selection of pinball machines. Win or lose then move game and opponent. Expect to play 20 games each with the player with the most wins at the end of the whirlwind competition taking top place.
Tickets for the June Max Matchplay will be on sale from midday on May 14th via events.humanitix.com/maxmatchplayjune3rd
Registration is a must. $20 gets you entry and your first drink. Suitable for all levels of wizard skill and pinball bashing. The rules in detail will be explained on the morning, so make sure you get there at 8.30am for the rundown. Doors at 8am for with all games on free play for a warm up. Prizes for the top 4 places including a limited edition enamel pin designed by Moonshine Madness.
Event limited to 30 contenders.
**Please note**: This Max Matchplay begins at 9am sharp. Doors officially open at 8am for free play warm up**
**This is an IFPA rated event**
Players compete in head to head matches using the Max Matchplay format with each competitor playing 20 games
The top 4 players at the completion of the event will play off in a best of 3 games, 4 player matchplay final
Qualifying will be completed using the next.matchplay.events software
Max 32 players
First, each machine is assigned two players. The remaining players are placed in one central waiting room
When a match is completed:
- both players return to the tournament directors desk to record result
- players then wait in the waiting room until the next group of matches is drawn
- qualifying ends when all competitors have played 20 games
- balanced play order and arena assignment will be used
- top 4 proceed to finals
- best of 3 games, 4 player matchplay final
- machines chosen at random
- highest seed chooses playing position first, second seed second etc
- on subsequent games the person with the lowest score from the previous game chooses playing position first, then second lowest score etc
- 7/5/3/1 scoring
- extra balls turned off when possible
- all rulings and malfunctions will be based on the rules for the IFPA World Pinball Championship