IGNORED

VPGL23 Game 8- Cyclone

Get ready for some crazy side show action 

VPGL 23 - Game8 ~ Cyclone

Nominated by VPGL legend Legin

Game Closes-Sunday 25th September

Cyclone was made by Williams and  in February 1988. Meteor had a production run of 9,408 units and is complete with rotating ferris wheel and was designed with mechanical black box animation

Design by:Barry Oursler
Art by:  Python Angelo

Mechanics: Joe Joos Jnr

Music: Chris Granner

Software: Bill Pfutzenrueter

cyclone.jpeg.22b9d9ccbe6ab7c49e880fdd069b784b.jpeg

GamePlay

We are playing the 3 ball regular game in this competition.

The VPX Game, Backglass can be found here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LNVHDGHIne9ByqlgNan6iALltmhKIavl/view?usp=sharing

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Fire up and enjoy this fantastic reproduction.

Edited by RusstyT

17 hours ago, Crakkers said:

IMG_20220921_155138.jpg

Closing in on my lead crackers. I like the clear ramps in your version. What version is it? I haven’t gone close to my first score in fast draw and I’ve been working on improving roller coaster tycoon. I really like Cyclone. I think it’s the music. I’m also enjoying Roller Coaster Tycoon. The people who design these games are incredible. 

13 hours ago, legin said:

I used to play this one at my local timezone for 20 cents.  Next to it stood a Pinbot.  Good times

Ya pay ya money ya take ya chances.

Great game from a great era

image.thumb.jpeg.3f2bf285b4b7d582fc9bb54b51fbffc9.jpeg

I’m glad I extended the comp by a week.😅 We have a competition. 😁I’ve been playing JPs version. The carnival music is awesome. Downloaded the Baulitto version which has a music mod. Looking forward to playing it. 

Edited by RusstyT

Gave the Baulitto version a whirl and the little bumps off the flippers when coming off the inlane guides to the flipper makes it really hard to get flow. I like the way the Backglass wheel spins in JPs version. I enjoy JPs version more that is included with this game 

3 hours ago, RusstyT said:

@legin@CrakkersAre these little flipper ball bounces off the inlane guides normal in real games. It seems really weird and disruptive to me. 

Not quite sure what you mean there Russty. I'd have to put JPs's version on my cab and compare them. Won't get a chance to do that until Saturday or Sunday.

7 hours ago, RusstyT said:

@legin@CrakkersAre these little flipper ball bounces off the inlane guides normal in real games. It seems really weird and disruptive to me. 

I don't have that version RusstyT.  I think I am running a version from VPinball.com which is now no longer available.

My version seems to play like normal, no real issues.