IGNORED

3d printing Namco Guncon for Gun4IR?

Given the difficulty importing light guns into this country, I've been looking into the possibility of having a set of Namco style Guncon shells 3d printed for a Gun4IR project. I'm particularly interested in this smart design which allows the space to install the various Gun4IR components internally - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5361060

Just wondering if there are any issues with 3D printing these in Australia, and if anybody may know of a 3D printing service (or somebody with 3D printing skills), that could 3D print them for me?

Buy a nerf gun / toy gun and modify. People have done this a lot. I have a 3d printer, not against them, but injection molded will be a lot more durable, accessible, than a 3d printed one.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2022 at 1:38 PM, redferatu said:

Buy a nerf gun / toy gun and modify. People have done this a lot. I have a 3d printer, not against them, but injection molded will be a lot more durable, accessible, than a 3d printed one.

I totally agree with the Nerf gun idea.   My mate went down the nerf gun route, he bought a bag full of guns for $50.  There was about 8 guns in the bag!!

I was a bit luckier, I managed to get an old guncon2 from gumtree.  I had to wait a while before one was available but it was worth the wait

• Like 1