Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Trident pop bumpers and kicker problems

SugganTiger

Question

Hi all, I recently bought my first pinball machine a Trident and it has some problems but hey most of it works. The problems that I am haviing are with the pop bumpers and side kickers, when the lower pop bumper is activated it scores but the kick thing does not come down but it also activates the bottom right kicker and scores for both? also when the the top pop bumper is activated it does the same sort of thing but activates the top right kicker and scores for both?  - I had a mate come up the other day and had a look and he swapped a wire form the pop bumper to the kicker and the the pop bumper would kick and score correctly but them the side kicker would score correctly when hit but not kick? - anyway he swapped them back so that the game was how I got it. I also have a problem with the top left kicker that does not score and kick and the lower left kicker works but does not seem to kick as hard as the right kickers and sometimes activate the ball shot kicker. My mate that come here to help thought that it was a problem with something going wrong in one of my boards and showed some sort of of diagram of were the problem could be going wrong but not sure what board is was in. The MPU looks like that has been replaced because it is cleaner and has some new replacement wires going to the sound board (I think it's the sound board - it is on left hand return in the overhead cabinet) - there is another chip board to the right of the MPU and one to the the base of the MPU and I don't know what these boards do - I have no idea what's going on an I am a complete novice but I will try to learn and I know that I am starting at the bottom of the ladder but hey that's where we all start. Hopefully I can take some photos of it later tis week, at the moment my camera (phone) is offline. Please hep.

Help 🙂 meant to say 😉

4 answers to this question

you could take the shotgun approach or just look at the schematics and work out the pin it will be and start there. 

you stop when you get rid of the alkaline damaged pins ( and the fault)

you might well end up changing all the headers on the boards first as well as the pins in the plugs.

its several hours work when you do it all day ..    big job if its your first time but its a good place to start if you want to learn to work on them..   enjoy

keep in mind the machine has coil test and switch test modes for a reason.   you can diagnose exactly whats registering in there.  The manual will tell you have to find them ( push the button inside the coin door several times basically).

this bits not accurate to your fault but its an example

0001 is 1 and 0011 is 3

if you have a broken line 00-0 then you get 1 when you send 1 and 1 again when  you send 3. causing "this makes that ...when it should make this"