IGNORED

3D printing you can live in.

Nice concept and pretty safe in a bushfire once the windows are covered.😆

Wondering how well it would go in an earthquake though as I didn't see any reo bar in the walls.

Still, in Australia and in bushfire zones, I think it may be perfect and quick to replace the houses that still haven't been replaced since the fires in 2019.

Thanks for showing that sir.

• Like 1

Interesting idea.  I guess they must put water pipes and electrical cable in the walls at some stage.

I imagine plumbing and electrical would run on the exterior or interior surface of the walls. Just like a prefab concrete structure does not have pipes in the walls. There is also the floor that may contain pipes.

2 hours ago, femto said:

I imagine plumbing and electrical would run on the exterior or interior surface of the walls. Just like a prefab concrete structure does not have pipes in the walls. There is also the floor that may contain pipes.

Yer I suppose nothing stops you installing conduit for the wiring and piping for the water in the last layer laid when the machine is working on the other walls and as for reo bar, you could knock in pins to hold each layer together much like log cabins are held together. You don't have to use full wall height reo bar like a normal concrete wall. Multiple pins holding the last laid layer to the one under it would achieve the same result.

I think it's a brilliant idea. Massive saving on labour.

17 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Interesting idea.  I guess they must put water pipes and electrical cable in the walls at some stage.

I did see another version that showed what they did with the services. I'll see if I can dig it up.

• Like 1