Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

TOY STORY …. Jersy Jack Pinball

39 minutes ago, wormdrummer said:

CE's - $24,800

Wow

Is that confirmed? 
I was considering it as the game seems to be growing on me a little after the original shock but has now swung way back into the nope category after that. 

37 minutes ago, Boof Head said:

Is that confirmed? 
I was considering it as the game seems to be growing on me a little after the original shock but has now swung way back into the nope category after that. 

Yes.  The CE price is $24,580 AUD and the LE is $18,750 AUD including GST.  From what I've heard, the CE's are all accounted for.  With only LE's remaining available to order here in Australia.

3 hours ago, Boots said:

That’s crazy $25k for a toy

I paid that for a motorbike... and at the end of it (3 years) it cost me 45K... Mehhh pinballs atm atleast hold their value if not increase

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jfed said:

The money I have lost on boats, pinballs seem like a walk in the park lol. 

My dad used to say “if it floats, flies or fucks, it’s gonna cost you money in the long run”.

Wise words…

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

CE list is very long in Australia i spoke to Paul the other day.  I personally know of about 20 people getting a CE and the LE are selling quick also. I think it will be a fun game and shoot well. For me game of the decade is Rush what a surprise that game was fark me. I hope to play a Toy Story soon and i really hope it is as fun as what is talked about. Toy Story Ce will be worth 30k by the end of the year!

9 minutes ago, Noob-A-Tron said:

CE list is very long in Australia i spoke to Paul the other day.  I personally know of about 20 people getting a CE and the LE are selling quick also. I think it will be a fun game and shoot well. For me game of the decade is Rush what a surprise that game was fark me. I hope to play a Toy Story soon and i really hope it is as fun as what is talked about. Toy Story Ce will be worth 30k by the end of the year!

That’s funny. I spoke with Paul after release and was told the allocation outnumbered the list he had. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Boof Head said:

That’s funny. I spoke with Paul after release and was told the allocation outnumbered the list he had. 

Really weird as i was actually in his office. But i am ok with it if i am mistaken.

Edited by Noob-A-Tron
typo

Id love to know what it actually costs them per machine. Like licencing fees, shipping etc because gross turnover on this run is 
$75,000,000 USD. That's a lot of one run of pinballs. I understand about how many years in the making etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LiveToRide said:

Id love to know what it actually costs them per machine. Like licencing fees, shipping etc because gross turnover on this run is 
$75,000,000 USD. That's a lot of one run of pinballs. I understand about how many years in the making etc.

One thing to remember, JJP only bring out one game per year, so that one game has to cover the overheads of the company
Programming has become more complex since the switch to LCDs
I dare say a license from Disney is expensive, plus Pat Lawlor gets a percent from each sale

I do agree that $18k is expensive for a toy

• Like 1

On 17/06/2022 at 4:54 PM, Jfed said:

The money I have lost on boats, pinballs seem like a walk in the park lol. 

General rule of thumb, but Covid has done crazy things to the market. The boating market, just like cars, caravans and other stuff like guitars, keyboards, pinballs etc, has been really inflated since Covid. I'm getting out of a share in one as we speak and set to get back quite a lot and it's been sold at 7.5% less than what it cost as an already 20 year old boat. This is why I've had a strong feeling for a while now the pinball market will come right back with the rest of these markets. I originally used the example of people no longer being so home orientated post Covid originally with only the possibility of interest rate hikes. But now we've seen two interest hikes in quick succession and the stock market and crypto going down. This can't be bode well for the local appetite to both hold or buy machines in over $20K level, let alone $15K+.

Edited by OurManinOz
  • Like 4

Yeah hopefully JJP make Godfather as rumoured next. On the other hand classic Godzilla by Stern is hardly a kiddie theme, nor is Rush obviously. Next in the pipeline from Stern could be Bond or JAWS. The only slightly kiddieish theme rumoured from them is Venom, but depends if you class comic book themes as 'kiddie', as not everyone does of course. 

Edited by OurManinOz