Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

TOY STORY …. Jersy Jack Pinball

3 hours ago, Ando77 said:

Seems very Wonka style like a cartoon animation repeat..........

Sound wise anyway

Bit like walking past a pub noise or footy croud noise, easy to recognize. looks typically complicated to us older folk.

Will be however a lot of fun based on a quick first look.

17 hours ago, Replay said:

I get nothing from this except Error 404 not found?

Wow, I thought AA would be bursting with discussion on this game. "Is there another thread?" I guess the Internet is a different landscape these days.

I was hoping for a WoZ style playfield with more exciting physical mechs.

Reminds me of Dialed In and Wonka, but I want to play it more than Dialed In and Wonka. Not something I'd want to rush out and buy based on first impressions.

13 minutes ago, delarge said:

Wow, I thought AA would be bursting with discussion on this game. "Is there another thread?" I guess the Internet is a different landscape these days.

I was hoping for a WoZ style playfield with more exciting physical mechs.

Reminds me of Dialed In and Wonka, but I want to play it more than Dialed In and Wonka. Not something I'd want to rush out and buy based on first impressions.

Based on the past. These JJP games take a fair bit of game time to appreciate.

They are all good from there on in. I already love the feet sound on the spinner....

10 minutes ago, namastepat said:

Wouldn't be at all surprising. JJP stuff sells like hotcakes when they announce a new release, and Toy Story would be a very good theme for a lot of people who have families. I know my kids would love it.

Stuff the kids Pat.

I don't want to share the big boys toys....

17 hours ago, jono said:

Looks like it has a jump shot similar to no good gofers. 

It's like the Goldeneye 007 Jump as well....

This theme has always been an easy pass for me. I wouldn't buy a machine with 16 yr old daughter in mind as she'd barely give it a look in. I'm sure there's plenty of people who'll fork out for this 'family pin'. The design is pretty underwhelming on top thought, not what I'd call Pat Lawlor's Swan Song by any means - too much rehash as people have pointed out.

Bring on The Godfather, then I may finally buy another JJP. Meanwhile lets see if JAWS and or Bond turn up from Stern.

I also reckon JJP's claimed TS4 CE sellout is based on their website allocation, not games through their distributors as wouldn't have the feedback so quickly to announce it.

• Like 2

I like the initial gameplay quite a bit. My only issue with JJP is the playfields being dog turds since wonka. If they have sorted that out I'll get one later on... after all the fomo BS that inevitably comes and goes, and playfields are seen to be well made again. 

Theme is an easy pass for me, but if its a fun game id be keen to play it for a while and move it on for when Godfather arrives which is a much preferred theme for me. It is getting a lot of crap on Pinside and does seem to be a bit underwhelming from first look but I will give it a chance and would like to play one and see a bit more about it before I pass my final judgement. I think my non pin friends might look at me a bit strange when they come and visit and see me with a game with little bo peep and furry animals on it that looks it should belong to a 6 year old girl. Would certainly be a contrast to Iron Maiden and GNR 

😂

• Like 2

Not a title I could see in my Gameroom, however a WOZ le did get in! The music is very repetitive, I can see that being annoying in a short time.

I often wonder how they decide on titles before production starts. Do they do some player research first or does the Boss decide?

Edited by Gemini2544
  • Like 1

As others have said not a theme I am interested in but keen to see and play one.

39 minutes ago, Gemini2544 said:

I often wonder how they decide on titles before production starts. Do they do some player research first or does the Boss decide?

My understanding is they wanted to go with family friendly titles originally. Animation, disney and the like. Toy Story has been known about for years now.

Be interesting to see what they come out with next and going forward considering the success of Guns & Roses.

In saying that, this could be the title to bring in some new people to pinball who do find the theme interesting.

• Like 1

6 ^ years for that,

As long as Pat is happy

Great to see his NGG jump ramp gets another shot.

Sales annihilated by poor choice of theme and # 4 direction, Crazy man.

Fortunately Katz and Keefer on code will save this technicolor yawn

If I'm not digressing too much Haggis has done way more in under 3 years

• Like 1

Im fairly new to pinball but that looks boring as (playfield that is)

If its to be family orientated it seems to be  lacking toys, ramps etc 

But Im an old kid and guessing the IPAD looking screen on the playfield  is what kids nowdays are into??

As someone mentioned Toy Story  "4"  seems odd - Most sequels get worse as they go on especially if you are at number 4 

Just my opinion could be completely wrong !

Edited by Ponty
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ponty said:

Im fairly new to pinball but that looks boring as (playfield that is)

If its to be family orientated it seems to be  lacking toys, ramps etc 

But Im an old kid and guessing the IPAD looking screen on the playfield  is what kids nowdays are into??

As someone mentioned Toy Story  "4"  seems odd - Most sequels get worse as they go on especially if you are at number 4 

Just my opinion could be completely wrong !

I'd say you've summed up what many have said so far across the 'interwebs' on it.

That's a good way to put, distract kids away from their devices with another device looking thingy on the pf lol.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ando77 said:

6 ^ years for that,

As long as Pat is happy

Great to see his NGG jump ramp gets another shot.

Sales annihilated by poor choice of theme and # 4 direction, Crazy man.

Fortunately Katz and Keefer on code will save this technicolor yawn

If I'm not digressing too much Haggis has done way more in under 3 years

Not bashing HAGGIS but I'm pretty sure it's more than 3 years.

I got HAGGIS merch at the 2019 BPAC event at the Ekka??? July 2019....

I think it took 3 years to sort the driveway drama.... Now that's a ramp.....

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, swinks said:

Not 100% sure but saw on Facebook that the LE's are going to be $18750 AUD in Aus plus shipping to your door - getting up there...

I'd say that calcs about right. Pretty absurd for what you're getting really and a hell of jump since GNR.