Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Beware Shill bidder on EBay

I love my Gotlieb EM,s so when six of them pop up at once from the same seller on EBay I’m at least going to try bid on a couple of them, but after placing a couple of bids I kept noticing that a mystery bidder with zero feedback would always do all these 20 dollar bids until he reaches your bid to out bid you.

Then I checked all of his other auctions and exactly the same thing was happening with each of them a mysterious zero feedback bidder small bids to get just past the highest bidder.

So definitely looks like he’s shill bidding to get the auctions up as high as possible which pisses me off so just beware if you want to bid on any of the machines below if you were or are thinking of doing so. 

I could be wrong but I reckon I’m pretty much on the the ball with it scam/ shill bidder be cautious either way as I won’t be bidding anymore which is a shame because he had some really good titles.

ED5E9D3D-23A5-4209-B987-A788CB72D442.png

FCF1991D-B99D-44E7-86CD-7A220146663B.png

0A5318B1-9635-4062-90F0-1374A5B366A5.png

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Best way to buy on Ebay is to set an alarm on your phone and bid the amount you are willing to pay in the last few seconds.

If you get it great, if not that just means someone was willing to pay more than you.

Shill bidding is all over Ebay, would not be surprised to see these come up again with a "buyer didn't pay" comment.

He does have some great titles though and it will be interesting to see what they go for.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, illawarra_steelers said:

report the listings.

Doesn’t make a difference unfortunately. There was a guy over here in Perth that was doing it on every one of his listings. The same 2 users were bidding up his auctions every single time. I reported everyone of them and it made no difference. 

45 minutes ago, illawarra_steelers said:

report the listings.

All listings have now been reported 👍

8 minutes ago, Boof Head said:

Doesn’t make a difference unfortunately. There was a guy over here in Perth that was doing it on every one of his listings. The same 2 users were bidding up his auctions every single time. I reported everyone of them and it made no difference. 

I was thinking that might be the case but I at least wanted to let as many people on here know as I could 

• Like 1

Don't see what the problem is with shill bidding, just bid up to the maximum you are prepared to pay & if it goes over that amount then you don't buy the pinball. If it's a shill bid then the sellers misses out on a sale.

Edited by deans_modchips

Go to any auction there are shill bidders everywhere, auctions are the easiest place to get more for your stuff than a simple sale, just register and bid away 🙂 

What you have to realise is that pinball machines are gold at the moment, don't expect to get a bargain in these conditions, all the machines you have listed are all still very cheap at the prices they are at, they will go for way more with or without shill bidders.

Edited by prktkljokr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, deans_modchips said:

Don't see what the problem is with shill bidding, just bid up to the maximum you are prepared to pay & if it goes over that amount then you don't buy the pinball. If it's a shill bid then the sellers misses out on a sale.

Shill bidding is a dishonest way of over inflating prices and is one of the major reasons why pinball prices have become so out of reach for most people 

• Like 6

Had that happen to me years ago on a bally kiss keeped getting bidded up and it sold to the other bidder .

And then I got a message that he couldn't pay for it ..

I said I will buy it back at the time your Mate started to bid me up..

I should of still purchased it as apparently they are worth 10k lol

EBay don't give a rat's ass as it is about making money...

Edited by Pinoffski
  • Like 3