Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL22- Game3- Flash Gordon

Get the flipper fingers and ready for some ripping Bally solid sate magic. 

VPGL 22-Game 3 ~ Flash Gordon

Nominated by VPGL legend  Jed 

Game Closes-Sunday 6th June

We are playing the 3 ball version in this competition which is the default in the download.

Flash Gordon  is a four player SS game released byBally in February 1981 & is the first Solid State split level table released by Bally with the the squawk and talk vocaliser module. Customers complained about the strobe light in in the backbone so it was removed during production. Flash Gordon started as a 1930's comic strip hero and was a very successful Hollywood motion picture serial in 1936 prompting two more serials in 1938 & 1940.

Design by: Claude Fernandez
Art by:  Kevin O'Conner

Flash.thumb.jpeg.d9d9417d441ab75370c6f3d19d6a1f09.jpeg

GamePlay

Lighting 1-2-3 arrows lights mini bonus for 50,000 and 2X. Dropping 1-2-3 drop targets 3 times lights top bumper for 5,000and advances top target value. Ball shooter lane rollover scores super bonus when single target isdropped. Lighting amber, blue, yellow & white buttons by the 4 drop targets. 2 right targets and flipper lanes lights super bonus for 100,000 and saucer for 3X. Dropping 4 drop targets advances saucer and lights spinners. Dropping targets 5 times lights outlane specials. Ball in saucer when 2X or 3X are lit lights 15 clock seconds to multiply playfield scores by 2 or 3. If both are lit, playfield scores are multiplied by 5. Super bonus multipliers are lit as indicated on playfieldSuper bonus and mini bonus scores are collected in outhole. Maximum 1 extra ball per ball in play. Tilt penalty – Ball in play.

The VPX Game & Backglass can be found here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B8QPqGC3WygeaivPRC7mnR9vxH59VKCU/view?usp=sharing

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 6th June 2022, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition. We are playing regular version- right flipper select.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will harness the zoom of Flash

Edited by RusstyT
3 ball game
  • Like 1

An Obscure body in the SK system, your majesty. The inhabitants refer to it as the planet..... Earrrrth.

Great Movie, great Pinball, great soundtrack from the mighty Queen. What more do you want ? :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Jed
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Capp said:

I need to get onto the beers

Couldn't agree more! It's the same with darts or pool - no grog, no good.....a reasonable amount, very good.....too much, no good again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mozzie1 said:

Close close close I’d better have a few more games this weekend….

get that 3x minimum each ball to have a crack at the extra ball 

Yep roughly what happened, got it up to 5x and 1xEB , I think only 1 per game is possible? 

• Like 1

On 03/06/2022 at 7:23 PM, Crakkers said:

1,841,470....... thought I'd make you play again Russty.😁

Got me playing alright crackers. I'll be having nightmares about Emperor Ling. I don't like him.

• Haha 1

He's here, he's there, he's everywhere! He's Mozzie and he  is the undisputed champion of Flash Gordon.  Jed  takes out 2nd place with a monster game narrowly missing missing Mozzies super score. Crackers threw down the gauntlet to RusstyT who wilted under the pressure of Emperor Ling and Crackers takes a well deserved position on the podium in 3rd place. Capp continues to look for the perfect beer to pinball ratio and there's a few more chapters in this pinball story. Thankyou to all who participated in game 3 of VPGL22 and Flash Gordon is now closed.

Game 3 Flash Gordon    
Player Score   Points
Mozzie 2,647,540  1 100
Jed 2,464,170  2 99
Crakkers 1,841,470  3 98
RusstyT 1,501,450  4 97
Capp 1,154,160  5 96
vtdmame 898,330  6 95
Mrs Moz      
legin      
JustAnotherRat      
Pinzealot      
Bishop89  
Edited by RusstyT
  • Like 1

May have won this one but I think the last for awhile our machine is down with hardware issues …that was also why Mrs Moz didn’t place a score…we’ll get some computer repair’s to come look at the situation a try and get up and running as soon as possible 😢😭

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, mozzie1 said:

May have won this one but I think the last for awhile our machine is down with hardware issues …that was also why Mrs Moz didn’t place a score…we’ll get some computer repair’s to come look at the situation a try and get up and running as soon as possible 😢😭

That’s not good Mozzie. Disappointed for Mrs Moz and hope you get that up and going real soon.