Jump to content
IGNORED

Newcastle Pinfest 2022


Recommended Posts

Event Title: Newcastle Pinfest 2022
Event Author: Cruiser
Calendar: Community Calendar
Event Date: 17/09/22 09:30 AM to 18/09/22 12:00 AM

Newcastle Pinfest 2022 

Event Date:  Saturday 17th  September & Sunday 18th September 2022

Event Location:  Club Macquarie, 458 Lake Road Argenton - Main Auditorium

Session Times: TBC

https://pinfest.com.au/pinfest-2022/

Newcastle Pinfest 2022

458 Lake Rd, Argenton, New South Wales, 2284

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PINFEST NEEDS PINBALLS!
I have been asked by the Newcastle Pinball Association to put out an urgent call.
 
They are looking for private collectors to become pinball contributors to Pinfest 2022 in September (third weekend). 
After 10 years of pinball fun, donating money to worthy charities, this not-for-profit event is slowly running out of steam; it needs new contributors to replace those who are no longer able to provide games.
 
The future of Pinfest will be in doubt if this year is not a success. 
Unfortunately, that's the way it is. 
The NPA invites you to become a part of the longest running pinball event in the whole of Australia. 
Spend a weekend in Newcastle amongst pinball fanatics and make new friends and connections.
 
If interested, please be in contact with us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/NewcastlePinballAssociation and we will get back to you. 
Please also have a look at web page for more specific details in regards to contributing to Pinfest.  https://pinfest.com.au/contribute-to-pinfest/
The NPA would love for you to be part of this wonderful event!!

253208431_4351837931611352_1527106978261690152_n.jpeg

254529872_4351803888281423_8642628502115005933_n.jpeg

248220137_4351819054946573_2668637196833811254_n.jpeg

247994602_4351818841613261_4370583076154205124_n.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Cruiser said:

Bringing a game is also the only way to get a fantastic limited edition contributors t shirt

A great way to see just how good your machine is too I would imagine. How else can you see if it can still do what it was made to do?.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RGR said:

looking forward to it!!!

See you there mate…

Probably won’t be a Pinfest 2023 if we don’t get some new blood into the event  unfortunately…

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sartana66 said:

See you there mate…

Probably won’t be a Pinfest 2023 if we don’t get some new blood into the event  unfortunately…

 

Do you think it's just a covid thing ? I've been attending Pinfest since day one and i've watched it grow busier and gain attention and sell out up until the last two years. Lot's of businesses have died and will never return but those that have been able to survive or come back are starting to prosper.  For the sake of you guys that have put the effort in to keep Pinfest going i hope it comes back strong.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, spudly said:

Do you think it's just a covid thing ? I've been attending Pinfest since day one and i've watched it grow busier and gain attention and sell out up until the last two years. Lot's of businesses have died and will never return but those that have been able to survive or come back are starting to prosper.  For the sake of you guys that have put the effort in to keep Pinfest going i hope it comes back strong.

There is still plenty of attention for the event. The "people" still want it, it's the contribution of pinball machines that is lacking compared to previous years. Don't get me wrong, there are still enough games to make the event worthwhile but there is a down turn in the number of people that are able to bring their machine in.

The number of people through the doors was definitely a COVID thing, we cut back to be within regulations but charged more so that it was still worthwhile from a charity perspective which also gave the added benefit of those who attend get more time to play on the machines as there is much less of a line up. 

For those that do contribute, you get the contributors shirt as mentioned above, there has also been an poster gifted but for me, the best part is that on Saturday night we have a contributors session where only those that contribute (and usually their partner) get in and play. This night alone with great people means  great times and makes it worthwhile for me. 

This years event will still be a success, but the event can't continue without people willing to contribute.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, spudly said:

Do you think it's just a covid thing ? I've been attending Pinfest since day one and i've watched it grow busier and gain attention and sell out up until the last two years. Lot's of businesses have died and will never return but those that have been able to survive or come back are starting to prosper.  For the sake of you guys that have put the effort in to keep Pinfest going i hope it comes back strong.

Dont know what happened to my first response... so here goes again...

@JustAnotherRat you took the words straight off my keyboard.

Both 2020 and 2021 were a sellout - not a problem there from a patronage view. The problem is keeping the supply of pinballs to the event from dwindling. You would think that with all the potential contributors out there, that we would have to turn people away. Unfortunately that is not the case. We basically rely on the same people time after time to bring a game or two.  Whenever some of these core contributors drop out, they need to be replaced with new people coming in.

Pinfest 2022 will be ok - we have had a lot of droputs but it will still be ok. Our record year was 2019 with 76 games. We wont get that this year unless a miracle happens. I found that if you dont get a good influx of new contributors one year, its the following year that the event suffers....so at this stage 2023 does not look good - hence our post from @Cruiser.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My favourite memories of Pinfest are the ones such as meeting Cruiser and understanding his appreciation for EM pinball in particular and being and to enjoy playing one of his immaculate machines in a 2 player game with him. It wouldn't have been possible if I wasn't a contributor and it's a moment I'll always remember. We played a brand new Iron Maiden first and then went over to his for a much more mellow game. So good. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JustAnotherRat said:

There is still plenty of attention for the event. The "people" still want it, it's the contribution of pinball machines that is lacking compared to previous years. Don't get me wrong, there are still enough games to make the event worthwhile but there is a down turn in the number of people that are able to bring their machine in.

The number of people through the doors was definitely a COVID thing, we cut back to be within regulations but charged more so that it was still worthwhile from a charity perspective which also gave the added benefit of those who attend get more time to play on the machines as there is much less of a line up. 

For those that do contribute, you get the contributors shirt as mentioned above, there has also been an poster gifted but for me, the best part is that on Saturday night we have a contributors session where only those that contribute (and usually their partner) get in and play. This night alone with great people means  great moments and makes it worthwhile for me. 

This years event will still be a success, but the event can't continue without people willing to contribute.

 

Great Comment @JustAnotherRat !!

Since my very first Pinfest many many years ago at Caves Beach, I have always enjoyed sharing my machines with the public and other pinball enthusiasts.

Some games entered by myself into Pinfest have been rare both either EM or SS, but the excitement that I get is sharing with others at this event to watch the smiles as they are being played. I enjoy sharing my machines for other to test their skills and have fun, this year the machines will be great games to play by the public and other enthusiasts.

This year I am intending to take take two games to Pinfest, so others can enjoy the gameplay. I would love some new contributors to experience such wonderful moments and enjoy what happiness I have gained over each Pinfest it truly is a special event. The special contributors T Shirt/ Poster is always good, but Saturday Night VIP session for the contributors is just something special will all of the machines on "free play" with other contributors enthusiasts.

I love Pinfest it will succeed this year and the public absolutely adore this event.  I really appreciate the other contributors, event organisers, meeting new enthusiasts and friends, plus networks that are built at this event.

Join us for a most wonderful event !!!!

Edited by Cruiser
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm surprised to hear it is hard to get contributors. Contributing a game is half the fun! I get a kick out of seeing people enjoying our games when they may not have the chance to play them otherwise. 

Is it an issue of regular contributors getting burnt out after several years and stopping, or the pool of one-off and irregular contributors is drying up? 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, spudly said:

Do you think it's just a covid thing ? I've been attending Pinfest since day one and i've watched it grow busier and gain attention and sell out up until the last two years. Lot's of businesses have died and will never return but those that have been able to survive or come back are starting to prosper.  For the sake of you guys that have put the effort in to keep Pinfest going i hope it comes back strong.

I think it might be a covid tax thing, people not wanting to lend out the games they have paid top dollar form in the last 2 years or so, even though it's what they're built for 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ocyen said:

I'm surprised to hear it is hard to get contributors. Contributing a game is half the fun! I get a kick out of seeing people enjoying our games when they may not have the chance to play them otherwise. 

Is it an issue of regular contributors getting burnt out after several years and stopping, or the pool of one-off and irregular contributors is drying up? 

Hello @ocyen

All of the above mate. Its a bit of a perfect storm at the moment. You can add "regular contributors not bringing as many games". Guys like Chris have averaged 5 games every year over ten years, I've averaged almost 4 but this year I can only bring 1. Edy and Kressy are two other. Some of us can't keep that sort of commitment up. People come and go...disappear off the radar etc.

Every year we need a bit of a top up to cover all these sort of issues. If it doesn't happen in the current year then you have problems the following year. There are a lot of potential contributors out there, and you would think we would get inundated with requests, but for many of them the idea of letting the public play their game sends chills down their spine....they don't think the same way as you mate.... or the rest of the other Pinfest Contributors. 

To those current and previous contributors reading this... we are truly a select bunch....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

NEWS FLASH

Both AMD and Haggis have confirmed they will be attending PINFEST 2022 with games.

AMD games to be announced

Haggis games will be 1xCelts and 1x Fathom

Edited by Sartana66
  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Railways said:

Excited about that announcement. Even if my Fathom doesn't turn up by Pinfest I still get to play this work of art. Great stuff.

I'd love to play an original beside the remake. I think they may have a little trouble getting a modern pin to play exactly like an '81 Bally does.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Autosteve said:

I'd love to play an original beside the remake. I think they may have a little trouble getting a modern pin to play exactly like an '81 Bally does.

And it will happen. I plan to have both side by side for at least 6 months to compare and then make a decision to sell one or keep both.

10 hours ago, The Big Easy said:

So  would i 

On your next visit maybe??

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/05/2022 at 9:50 AM, Railways said:

And it will happen. I plan to have both side by side for at least 6 months to compare and then make a decision to sell one or keep both.

On your next visit maybe??

Yes please that would be a fantastic opportunity the best of both worlds

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great news for Pinfest 2022 from Homepin & Highway Entertainment
 

Spinal Tap Pinball to Debut in Australia at Pinfest 2022
 
We are turning up the volume to 11 this year at Pinfest, with Homepin’s Spinal Tap Pinball making its Australian debut.
Come and see us on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th September 2022 at Club Macquarie, 458 Lake Road, Argenton (Newcastle).
Talk with sales agents from different states, as well as chat with Mike from Homepin about the development of the machine.
For more information about machine releases, sales, photos and videos please visit;

286983938_2261069874048208_8772440827637747451_n.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...