Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL22-Game2- Abra Ca Dabra

Get ready for some EM magic and step back in time to 1975. 

VPGL 22-Game 2 ~ Abra Ca Dabra

Nominated by VPGL legend  Jed 

Game Closes-Sunday 30th May

Abra Ca Dabra  is a single player EM game released by Gottleib in November 1975. Enjoy the 3 bar chimes in this wonderful virtual pinball reproduction

Design by: Geoff Brenner
Art by:  George Morrison

1053230387_abracadabra.thumb.jpeg.f3c37d58e3b17c5822653bed470f2730.jpeg

GamePlay
The playfield is simple but challenging. The location of the pop bumpers can be a saver or a curse especially if the ball flies past the flippers at full speed. Playing the game requires patience and strategy. While there are a bunch of targets to hit, the real high scores come from shooting the ball back up the A or D lanes and completing A-B-C-D to make the lit target values really pay.  

The VPX Game & Backglass can be found here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z9vt-bzEgL3PZTPhO5VLCfPDmjABCzaJ/view?usp=sharing

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 30th May 2022, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 5 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition. We are playing regular version- right flipper select.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will persevere and and produce the EM magic in game 2

Edited by RusstyT
Change to vpgl22
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mozzie1 said:

Thanks mate just downloaded this look like a fun EM game 😏

It’s a ripper game. Jed is raising the bar. Definitely get rewarded for accuracy with this one.

15 hours ago, illawarra_steelers said:

yep awesome game, here is mine in action.

Wow listen to those chimes. That plays so well. By any chance do you hold game nights. I live in Wollongong and it would be very cool to come and check out your collection. Thanks for sharing this video. 

1 hour ago, Crakkers said:

130,090....... something to keep Russty on his toes.

IMG_20220515_170339.jpg

The old Crackers-Russty EM battle. And loving it. Normally we are chasing some monster score Kane has made. Great game by the way mate. I’ve had 2 games in the 130,000s and have been playing every day. 

• Like 3

On 24/05/2022 at 9:42 PM, Bishop83 said:

74090 love this table been playing this more than my own nominated table

It’s my current go to game as well. It’s addictive. I can’t recall as much enthusiasm for an EM table than we’ve had in this comp. it’s an incredible reproduction.

• Like 1

i dont know why the pic rotates sideways.....

20220527_100037.thumb.jpg.568bedd2977eb1a7ef85fb26324f97a6.jpg

On 15/05/2022 at 10:56 AM, mozzie1 said:

Finally a score 85,730 ahh beating  the misses…

60,000 point last ball ..

thanks Jed a great table plenty of fun

26DA1B06-88A3-4608-8A1E-EC6F31976B5D.jpeg

like that topper image you have there Moz

• Like 1

Almost every ball lost to the left outlane, arrrrgh ! This table is a nudge-fest, just keep it away from those outlanes soon as it gets underside of the bumpers it's nerve wracking

A long way from my best on this but will have to do for now was really hoping for 200k at least. 

Couldn't figure out how to enter initials, flipper to choose, what enters ? Tried most things. Newly installed VP on a different PC, so I'm going from scratch again.

Glad people are enjoying it. Such a classic of VP from it's early days in earlier versions of VP where it was also a standout... it's held up all this time :classic_cool:

abcd-1.jpg

Edited by Jed
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jed said:

Couldn't figure out how to enter initials, flipper to choose, what enters ? Tried most things. 

It's usually number 1 on a keyboard I think.

Edited by Crakkers
  • Like 2

Abra Ca Dabra is now closed and congratulations go to Jed,  taking 1st place in our first EM game in competition 2. This was an exciting competition with vtdmame earning a well deserved 2nd and RusstyT narrowly pipping Crakkers. The energy and enjoyment this game brought is a tribute to the wonderful Visual Pinball production available and the extensive pinball knowledge of our crew who have had the privlage to play them and share their experiences. This was so much fun and dare I say it....Who came out on top in this one between Mr & Mrs Mozz? Super game and thank you to all who participated.

Game 2 Abra Cadabra    
Player Score   Points
Jed 187,640  1 100
vtdmame 145,500  2 99
RusstyT 137,530  3 98
Crakkers 130,090  4 97
legin 111,150  5 96
Mrs Moz 110,110  6 95
Mozzie 99,000  7 94
Pinzealot 76,460  8 93
Capp 74,410  9 92
Bishop89 74,090  10 91