IGNORED

VPGL22-Game1- DeadPool

Posted (edited)

Get ready to battle in Aussie Arcade VPGL21 competition 2 and our first ever VPX10.7 competition game, with this magnificent JP Salas reproduction. 

VPGL 21-Competition2 - Game 1 ~ Deadpool

Nominated by VPGL legends The Mozzies & Bishop83 

Game Closes-Sunday 30th May

Deadpool was made by Stern 2018 and is an DMD pinball machine, based on the Marvel Deadpool Movies. With 3 multiball modes, battles and team ups, this game will keep you on your toes, while getting a gob full of cheek from little deadppol. Don't forget the BOOM button to get the current highest play score available on the table. 

Design by: George Gomez
Art by:  Jeremy Parker

deadpool_red.png.00f89c35a9973b98618294b0743dd083.png

GamePlay
This is a very reduced version of the Stern game but still has 7 battles, a lot of multiballls, combos, things to collect, (Ninja stars, chimichangas and weapons) that will boost your bonus and when you have enough of them give you extra goodies. This is a complicated game and to get the most from it it would be worthwhile reading the rules available in the download. 

The VPX Game, Backglass,ROM and rules can be found here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KtSp8D6cFntpaFa51cPJme8-aOnc7OKd/view?usp=sharing

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 30th May 2022, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition. We are playing regular version- right flipper select.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will win this first epic battle in competition 2

Edited by RusstyT
Change to VPGL22

4 hours ago, mozzie1 said:

You beauty I choose this one and the misses just goes OH GOD to much going on for her… 😂😁😃

I hear Elise. I tried reading the ruleset. I’ve still got no idea.  😁I’m going on a strategy multiballs and team ups are good and play long. 😎😉

Love this game ….without Russ 10.7 wouldn’t have happened for me and I would have missed this game…

still no idea really what’s going on I just listen and watch what lights up…multi ball is the winner but the quick 2ball is always there if your accuracy is good enough as it can drain down the guts quiet easily….have both versions of deadpool but find jp original the best for me that’s my opinion 😁😁

had a couple of games then a ripper with heaps of quick multi balls so that help’s with the score 668,453,680 and I think there’s a bit more in me still the misses just shock her head and I think a soft swear work come out of her …haha she’s pissed

C98AD853-6CCF-46F0-AA98-EFC5591C13BC.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mozzie1 said:

Love this game ….without Russ 10.7 wouldn’t have happened for me and I would have missed this game…

still no idea really what’s going on I just listen and watch what lights up…multi ball is the winner but the quick 2ball is always there if your accuracy is good enough as it can drain down the guts quiet easily….have both versions of deadpool but find jp original the best for me that’s my opinion 😁😁

had a couple of games then a ripper with heaps of quick multi balls so that help’s with the score 668,453,680 and I think there’s a bit more in me still the misses just shock her head and I think a soft swear work come out of her …haha she’s pissed

C98AD853-6CCF-46F0-AA98-EFC5591C13BC.jpeg

Now that’s a cracking game. I’ll put the score in tomorrow. 

On 14/05/2022 at 5:41 PM, mozzie1 said:

Yep me too quick deadpool quick multi balls as many as I can…..

haven’t had a game yet surprisingly abra ca Dabra is most enjoyable 

Yeh I agree. I really like JPs arcade Physics that he has been using in VPX10.7. There is quite a bit of chat and action around nfozzy physics and fleep sounds that have been used in recent games but this game hits the spot for me. Better go and play and see if I can improve my score.

1,130,424,420 cowabunga. Cracked the billion. New strategy opens up for big points or very little. Don’t tell Mozzie I got 10,000,000 in one game. 😉 definitely light the Left mini ramp sword diamonds before completing the right locks to open up lots of jackpots in ninja multi ball. Man this game is quick. 

DAA06708-CBDC-4BB0-B306-4BB816D7193B.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mozzie1 said:

That’s going to take some beating…..

nice score

Looking at that sword on the right and the number of playfield villains I think I’ve just scratched the surface this game. 7 diamonds in the samurai sword. The more I play this game the better I like it. It’s got layers. 

I've been away since the comp started but back home now so I'll try to get 10.7 sorted out on my laptop. I've not updated VP for so long I'm kinda dreading the process :classic_wacko: Hopefully it will run OK. Wonder if there is a VR version of this...

I emailed another old player @MrBungle  and invited him to the comp. 

Edited by Jed
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jed said:

I've been away since the comp started but back home now so I'll try to get 10.7 sorted out on my laptop. I've not updated VP for so long I'm kinda dreading the process :classic_wacko: Hopefully it will run OK. Wonder if there is a VR version of this...

I emailed another old player @MrBungle  and invited him to the comp. 

Jed,

There is a VR version of Deadpool on VP Forums but I haven't played it. I now have VR that I setup after your earlier posts recommending how exciting this development is. I have to agree with you. It's amazing.

Upgrading to 10.7 is daunting but once you get into it it becomes familiar. Good thing is the latest version is very stable. Crackers, JAR & myself worked our way through it and Im sure we could answer your questions between us.

I updated to the latest VPinmame, and freezy dmd to replace ultra DMD. As far as VPX10.7 I renamed the old VPX10.6 file and Named the new VPX10.7 the same as the old VPX10.6 file so the new executable file is recognised. There are quite few files in the VPX10.7 download but the only other one I used was the bass.dll because it covers all the new compressed sound files that enable the games to be incredibly small. You will need that file to support the new format. I didn't touch the scripts and other stuff. I haven't done freezy on a laptop top but I installed this on my machine and helped Mozzie do his. When it's uploaded you have to run a diagnostic guide for freezy to detect where files are accessed. It took us a little bit to work that one out to change the 3 red diagnostic x's to green ticks. Very satisfying when this is done because there is support for full colour DMD not the 4 colour set and instability problems that were occurring with Ultra DMD. All this said and done JAR installed VPX10.7 on his laptop and still is involved in our conversations and Im sure he would be more than happy to help if we get stuck. 

Stoked you are popping in for a game and bringing your wealth of pinball knowledge into the group andI look forward to hearing from mr bungle.

Let me know how you go or if you need help. We can FaceTime and sort VPX10.7 if you get stuck.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, mozzie1 said:

Yes Jed Russ knows his stuff I was way over my head ….but 10.7 is fantastic the new games are amazing and without Russ I would still be in the dinosaur 10.6 😂🤣😆😁…Russ taught me heaps but I think I’ve forgotten  of it 🥺😩

Big praise Mozzie. I’m far from an expert and so stoked we managed to work our way through it. We have been learning, improving and making new friendships and I couldn’t ask for more than that.

Edited by RusstyT
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, legin said:

Everyone seems to like this table, personally I'm not a fan.  I'll probably come last on this one.

I found it difficult to get into at first because there is so much happening. Mozzie and I have been playing this since JPReleased it and it has taken a long time to scratch the surface of this game. It’s complicated and fast. The biggest thing I’ve learnt is the disco light show and little deadpool multiball are distractions and  not to start a battle till the scoring is set up. Pretty well light the left mini ramp diamonds before completing the right ramp locks for ninja multi ball. While doing this as the main objective you inadvertently collect team ups at the left right and middle lanes which help defeat the villains. If you can start battle just before you light ninja multiball you have to maintain the multi ball to get big points as jackpots are every where. That’s where the points come from but there is a boost. natarama boosts everything and the left flipper shot to schnit(I think that’s what the target to the right of the battle catch is called, sounds like it anyway)....is the shot if you can deflect it off the target and up the lock ramp to the sword. I’m not exactly sure how natarama timer and ninja apocalypse occur but thy seem to pop up once I’ve achieved the left ramp diamonds. The boom button has maximum affect in a battle and you hit the tight Magna save and shortcuts defeating the battle. Booom double damage. I think that’s a good starting point to play the game and you will learn other strategies to build on  

please note that it’s only the occasional game I get going for the big points. Games can be anything from To 10,000,000 and 1,000,000,000 but I’m getting better and it’s never boring.

anyway mate I hope this helps and you start to get into the game.

27 minutes ago, legin said:

Everyone seems to like this table, personally I'm not a fan.  I'll probably come last on this one.

Also I forgot to ask what it is your not a fan of. I presumed it was because it is so complicated which is what first erred me about the game. I’m quite interested on what your take on the game is.