Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLLI - Game 9 ~ Ms Pac-man (closes 22-May)

Bouncing fruit …

MGLLI – Game 9 ~ Ms Pac-Man

Nominated by gamers: @dbh and @OOO

ROMSet 0.183: mspacman

7556179_game9mspac-man.thumb.png.520bde69e92829ec159e6156efe7a427.png

Game Story:

To progress to the next stage, Ms. Pac-Man must eat all of the dots in a maze. She's being followed by killer ghosts, but she can eat them if she eats one of the four large dots. Eating the fruits and snacks that appear while wandering the maze earns you bonus points.

Score Submissions:

Please start a new post for each score you submit, with your score as the first line and a screen shot of your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 22nd May 2022, 9a.m United Kingdom time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. No cheats allowed. ***Please note this is NOT THE SPEEDUP HACK version of Ms Pac-man. It's the normal speed version. ***

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 9 - Fruit is great for you....

Last played in MGL38, over 3 years ago....

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.e9a47d9f0907784d22dd3930462a8bf5.jpg

• Thanks 1

Pessimeister: 63, 570

For Australian gamers, it's almost a year since BotA 2021 when we last played this. During this time up in Sydney I got to meet @OOO and we played a few games of doubles on Ms Pacman. Good times! I had to smile when I saw he'd nominated this. I wonder who holds the 1989 Bar's Ms Pacman high score now and if the original cabinet is back in action? I certainly hope so. 

Wonderfully, the game is set to return for BotA in September 2022. So this is good practice. Bartronica now has a working Ms Pacman from Geelong's sister bar (Ms Bartronica) which is temporarily closed whilst a new venue is located. It's currently set to 5+1 at 15k. If any MGL'ers want to meet up at Bartronica and play a few games on a friday night, let me know! Cheers! 🍻

0006.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Pessimeister: 82, 060

Not much further but a couple of bananas made all the difference. I really want a PB on this game. 🙂 I'm anticipating some big scores from CrazyKongFan, DBH, Creech and OOO. 

0014.png

Edited by Pessimeister
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RMacauley said:

Was it luck, finally opening the bottle of Gin I won a few weeks ago playing pinball or a combination of both?

Who knows but it's an improvement on a Pac game and I'll take it. 

0000.png

Hey Rob, didn't you get 98k or something last time we played? I always seem to make too many mistakes on the third-fourth chase boards. 

No matter how many times I watch Rick Forthergill masterfully manipulating the ghosts using the hold positions and grouping, I don't seem to grasp the techniques and end up reverting to a random mash-up of ideas. 🙂 

On 04/05/2022 at 5:11 PM, Pessimeister said:

Hey Rob, didn't you get 98k or something last time we played? I always seem to make too many mistakes on the third-fourth chase boards. 

No matter how many times I watch Rick Forthergill masterfully manipulating the ghosts using the hold positions and grouping, I don't seem to grasp the techniques and end up reverting to a random mash-up of ideas. 🙂 

I'd forgotten about that score. 98,160 to be exact.

I've tried watching people group the ghosts on both this and regular Pacman and unlike Burgertime how to do it just doesn't sink in. Maybe one day it will

• Like 1