Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Close Quarters Battle (CQB) Arcade

Fellow Australian and New Zealand gamers;
Allow me to introduce Close Quarters Battle (CQB) Arcade - a parts store located in Australia dealing in Sanwa Denshi and Seimitsu Co. items.

www.CQBArcade.com

Over the years I was regularly faced with lengthy, costly shipping and difficulty locating the parts I wanted. Being wary about knock-off parts also meant there were only a few trusted vendors I was willing to shop with. 

Aussie Arcade have a robust community of arcade and console gamers here and we genuinely look forward to supplying you all with authentic parts sourced from the Japanese manufacturers.

We have most of the catalogue of push buttons and sticks on hand ready for shipping, including a couple exclusive items such as Sanwa MESH balltops and Seimitsu KANJI pushbuttons.

Hit me up here or the website for orders or queries and I wish you all the very best in your gaming journey's!
Take care,
xb74.

20220428_091347.jpg

20220428_090322.jpg

20220428_091620.jpg

20220428_090542.jpg

Edited by xb74
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

One of the most challenging and frustrating things for those in the arcade/fight stick hobby in Australia (and other remote locations) is that we're at the mercy of long waits from Japan, the US or Europe to source legitimate parts for arcade sticks and panels. Sure, there's a few vendors locally and via eBay Australia, but I've always walked away due to the limited selection of parts and colours available, and at times the uncertain legitimacy of the parts.

With the way the post-Covid world is it's been a much more challenging task because USPS no longer ships internationally and Japan Post only do Surface Mail. The result? Aussies have been forced to use expensive courier options or face lengthy waits for fulfilment if we really want that wide selection of parts to deck out our sticks or cabs. It can take upwards of 2-3 months to get here. *SIGH*

I'm glad this has finally taken the turn for the better. I was lucky enough to be given early access to the Australian based website CQBArcade.com by its proprietor and good mate, xb74 -- below is a little review with lots of pics of my experience. This isn't a shill, I paid for my parts.

I placed my order and asked a lot of questions about options and availability of plates and also about compatibility/interchangeability of parts and colour differences between Sanwa/Seimitsu. All of my questions were answered with photos and clear explanations. After I sent through my order it arrived in an extremely timely fashion, packed in a sturdy new Australia Post box in a satchel.

IMG_7069.thumb.JPG.e2aa28074fe66419e0f2feb730db688c.JPG

The note pasted to the top of the box and custom packing tape was a nice touch, felt very humbled to be the first through the door too.

IMG_7071.thumb.JPG.87db89011cdefe8ed642bb6f05e6e828.JPG

Opening the box, I was greeted by a nice amount of padding protecting the contents. This is always a good sign. I'm always happy when people pack stuff the same way they'd like to receive it. I've been seeing this kind of service more and more with people such as Joko3 paying extra care to appeal to the customers satisfaction and the ultimate safety of the merchandise.

IMG_7072.thumb.JPG.95094bbb58f83502fab07b38d468c8d9.JPG

Free candy and Alcohol wipes were a great and very thoughtful addition, can't beat having candy to snack on while doing a build, and the wipes are awesome to clean up the finished stick/panel of any unwanted fingerprints.

IMG_7073.thumb.JPG.a6aa9902e9ef54de2fc1f598ca22e210.JPG

Now this is where things are different to other vendors I've personally dealt with. Each item in the box was individually wrapped in bubble wrap and packed in ziplock bags. It all felt very safely contained and protected.

IMG_7075.thumb.JPG.7ad54d036e4fdfb1d3128d45c2dfda70.JPG

IMG_7076.thumb.JPG.7571bd4c6d0f6a4c7d9710f128bab83c.JPG

IMG_7078.thumb.JPG.f0e6d46fe02b5951d5ed11f31ecdd682.JPG

IMG_7080.thumb.JPG.892443dac1d4bf637de0953556363181.JPG

IMG_7081.thumb.JPG.12bb7071bb425e975de893d384e17976.JPG

My orders from Akishop for example have been wrapped very loosely in a sheet or two of bubble wrap and then placed in a basic paper envelope. I've always hated getting bent pins on buttons, surface scratches and dings, it's never been that bad honestly, but this isn't going to be happening at CQB Arcade.

Here's everything unpacked. So damn cool to have all these genuine parts in one hit sourced locally. American, European and Japanese peeps might think it's not a big deal, but we're starved of this kinda stuff down under and in NZ.

IMG_7077.thumb.JPG.9f5718949e42350a66bfc8e0917904dd.JPG

IMG_7084.thumb.JPG.df5bbd3230defd3b7530449a35706f38.JPG

Was so happy to get these two sheets of Seimitsu stickers thrown in too.

IMG_7086.thumb.JPG.6995e1d9b90ae0015a124c5107940e2d.JPG

IMG_7087.thumb.JPG.b252b6a3ba305baa3069714631b79fc6.JPG

Here's all the wrapping used. It might look like overkill, but really it's not, my stuff was in mint condition and having recycled bubble wrap around is never a bad thing as it will be getting passed on in my packages.

IMG_7088.thumb.JPG.0cd22d5b60e815baddad20d1ce452405.JPG

Here's the parts with my proposed builds, all ready to go.

IMG_7089.thumb.JPG.80ed58346a1d723f3c47368762d11d5e.JPG

Here are the builds finalised.

IMG_7090.thumb.JPG.63e640007790260ec7e05477d83b7cba.JPG

IMG_7112.thumb.JPG.e83a6cf85088e4da4be587790da73029.JPG

IMG_7110.thumb.JPG.3ff2d58a317e3fca357c24b4b33e1be3.JPG

A+ 10/10 service.

The shop opened last night, Aussie and NZ peeps, please give it a whirl and show [USER=635]@xb74[/USER] some love.

If you're on social media, I've linked their accounts below. There's some nice Sanwa and Seimitsu box pictures on there, with some interesting updates to come I'm sure.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/cqb_arcade
Instagram: https://instagram.com/cqb_arcade

Edited by djsheep
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Are Sanwa sticks and Seimitsu sticks interchangeable? Dimensionally do they use the same mounting?

Are Sanwa buttons and Seimitsu buttons interchangeable, including hole dimensions?

Thanks

I have a Seimitsu LS32-02 joystick in my arcade console (printed on the pcb). On your website you only have LS32-01. My LS32-02 has 2 "pins" in each corner of the pcb, and the photo of the LS32-01 on your site only shows 1 pin in each corner.  Here is a reference to my stick design ... https://support.focusattack.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005204703-Adjusting-the-Seimitsu-LS-32-Subguide

What is the difference if you know?

Thanks

1 hour ago, OOO said:

Are Sanwa sticks and Seimitsu sticks interchangeable? Dimensionally do they use the same mounting?

Are Sanwa buttons and Seimitsu buttons interchangeable, including hole dimensions?

Thanks

The buttons are but, without mounting plates, LS-32s and JLFs aren't always drop in interchangable.  They might need a different mounting bracket.

I won't answer the other question because I don't know, but my assumption has always been that LS32s are functionally the same, even if the wiring situation varies.

Edited by dzhay1981
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, OOO said:

Thanks

Hi mate, Sanwa and Seimitsu buttons are interchangeable within mounting hole dimensions (for instance 30mm and 24mm buttons from both manufacturers will fit into same hole dimensions).

In terms of button interchangeability otherwise, could you clarify what else you wanted to query.

Re. The joystick - What you are describing with 2 pins in each corner is referring to the .187 fastener type LS32 correct?

https://www.cqbarcade.com/products/ls-32-joystick

In contrast the LS32-01 uses a 5 pin connector but as @dzhay1981pointed out, the  variants are functionally the same. It is just the connection type that differs.

Thanks for the questions !

Edited by xb74
  • Like 1

@xb74 no doubt you’re way ahead of me in your plans to stock the store, but if you’re open to suggestions as well I have some. 

Nuts and bolts for stick attaching to control panels and control panel attaching to cabinets.

All the bits for stick rebuilds (you’re probably on to this already)

E-clip removing tool.

Button popper/remover device. 

All the Brook boards and accessories (hard to find at moment I expect).

I’m sure you’re well ahead of me and thinking about this stuff. I understand the need to balance the effort and cost of sourcing small and fiddly inventory with actual likelihood of selling stuff in our market. I’m just thinking about the things I’ve had to buy recently or still need to buy for cabinet tidy-ups. I pretty much went to Focus Attack, Akishop and Arcadeartshop (cabinet nuts and bolts) and of course eBay and Element 14 etc. 

I will be placing and order with you soon. Cheers  

• Like 2

On 28/04/2022 at 10:20 PM, OOO said:

I have a Seimitsu LS32-02 joystick in my arcade console (printed on the pcb). On your website you only have LS32-01. My LS32-02 has 2 "pins" in each corner of the pcb, and the photo of the LS32-01 on your site only shows 1 pin in each corner.  Here is a reference to my stick design ... https://support.focusattack.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005204703-Adjusting-the-Seimitsu-LS-32-Subguide

What is the difference if you know?

Thanks

Hi mate @OOO I wanted to share a picture of the base of the LS-32-01 I have in stock just to assist in your enquiry further. 

You mentioned you have LS32-02 printed on the PCB - this is what my LS-32-01s have on the PCB. 

20220501_190446.jpg

The LS-32-02 was a transitional model from Seimitsu whilst they changed over microswitch providers (from Panasonic to Omron) circa 2017. Hence the 02 model is sometimes described as the 2017 version. Once again, same functionality as any other LS-32 and you will be fine to replace that stick you have with any other LS-32-01 if you needed to. 

Edited by xb74
  • Like 1

On 30/04/2022 at 9:43 AM, 1.21 Gigawatts said:

@xb74 no doubt you’re way ahead of me in your plans to stock the store, but if you’re open to suggestions as well I have some. 

Nuts and bolts for stick attaching to control panels and control panel attaching to cabinets.

All the bits for stick rebuilds (you’re probably on to this already)

E-clip removing tool.

Button popper/remover device. 

All the Brook boards and accessories (hard to find at moment I expect).

I’m sure you’re well ahead of me and thinking about this stuff. I understand the need to balance the effort and cost of sourcing small and fiddly inventory with actual likelihood of selling stuff in our market. I’m just thinking about the things I’ve had to buy recently or still need to buy for cabinet tidy-ups. I pretty much went to Focus Attack, Akishop and Arcadeartshop (cabinet nuts and bolts) and of course eBay and Element 14 etc. 

I will be placing and order with you soon. Cheers  

Thanks for the reply mate, I really do appreciate the feedback and suggestions.

It is invaluable to me having peoples insight as to what has been a headache to source because this is what I will be addressing with future inventory.

You have great suggestions and I will follow them up this week.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered an LS-32-01 from CQB last Friday and received it today. I'm very happy. It was well packed and this has made it incredibly easy to get a replacement that previously was a nightmare to pick-up. And at around half the price. I'd definitely recommend CQB for anyone looking for parts.

Thanks @xb74

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Andyj965 said:

I ordered an LS-32-01 from CQB last Friday and received it today. I'm very happy. It was well packed and this has made it incredibly easy to get a replacement that previously was a nightmare to pick-up. And at around half the price. I'd definitely recommend CQB for anyone looking for parts.

Thanks @xb74

Very much appreciate your kind words and business at the store, cheers mate.

Very humbled to be able to help people out like yourself with parts for cabinets so they can get back to gaming! 

Have a great weekend and thankyou again.

3 hours ago, namastepat said:

I need to get some LS-32s in my Aero one of these days. I'll know who to hit up when I do 😄

I am looking forward to helping out any way that I can. Hit me up anytime 👍Your cab collection is an inspiration to everyone mate 🙂

• Like 1

I just made an order of a few Sanwa buttons, just based on reading this thread.

I was going to buy some OBSF-30s from Focus Attack to customise a stick (sadly not for an arcade cab, which I do not have yet), as I had a pleasant experience buying from them in the past. But they were completely out of stock of all the colours I wanted.

Happy to give a local business a try.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SugoiHige said:

I just made an order of a few Sanwa buttons, just based on reading this thread.

I was going to buy some OBSF-30s from Focus Attack to customise a stick (sadly not for an arcade cab, which I do not have yet), as I had a pleasant experience buying from them in the past. But they were completely out of stock of all the colours I wanted.

Happy to give a local business a try.

Thanks so much mate! 

Glad I can help out with this and really appreciate your business. Cheers.

• Like 1

On 22/05/2022 at 8:12 PM, xb74 said:

Thanks so much mate! 

Glad I can help out with this and really appreciate your business. Cheers.

Order arrived today, and don't know how it would be possible for me to be any more pleased with the service than I am. Top-tier service here.

The packaging was next-level secure. It would have probably survived getting run over by the postie van. Bubble-wrap, encased in plastic, encased in more bubble-wrap, surrounded by a sturdy box, and enveloped in a tough bag. It's bordering on overkill, but there is no way this package wasn't getting to me securely, and I appreciate that.

I haven't tested them yet, but the buttons look pristine.

Also, the box was packaged with a really nice thankyou letter from the business owner and a few bags of candy to sweeten the deal.

Thanks xb74, I would order again.

• Like 2

@xb74 if you order directly from Sanwa Denshi I’d be interested in a bag of these original cable straps. I’ve got a few that need replacing in my cabinets.  I don’t know how much they cost for a 100 pieces bag but I’d be interested to know if you have the means to find out. Cheers mate. 

3DC9B30A-A851-43D5-A73E-416AF07B371B.thumb.jpeg.e7e2abd5d494a40ab21298cc7fad21a8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 25/05/2022 at 11:47 AM, SugoiHige said:

Order arrived today, and don't know how it would be possible for me to be any more pleased with the service than I am. Top-tier service here.

The packaging was next-level secure. It would have probably survived getting run over by the postie van. Bubble-wrap, encased in plastic, encased in more bubble-wrap, surrounded by a sturdy box, and enveloped in a tough bag. It's bordering on overkill, but there is no way this package wasn't getting to me securely, and I appreciate that.

I haven't tested them yet, but the buttons look pristine.

Also, the box was packaged with a really nice thankyou letter from the business owner and a few bags of candy to sweeten the deal.

Thanks xb74, I would order again.

Absolutely my pleasure mate. 

I enjoyed putting that order together and makes me glad everything arrived safe and undamaged.

Very appreciative of your kind words and feedback! Have a great weekend, 

Kind regards.

• Like 1

On 26/05/2022 at 1:23 AM, 1.21 Gigawatts said:

@xb74 if you order directly from Sanwa Denshi I’d be interested in a bag of these original cable straps. I’ve got a few that need replacing in my cabinets.  I don’t know how much they cost for a 100 pieces bag but I’d be interested to know if you have the means to find out. Cheers mate. 

3DC9B30A-A851-43D5-A73E-416AF07B371B.thumb.jpeg.e7e2abd5d494a40ab21298cc7fad21a8.jpeg

Hi there mate, thanks very much for this query - I have thrown this question to my distributor and am waiting back for an answer on availability/price.

This is probably going to be a good product to have around since candy cabs are so popular nowadays and people are doing refurbs :)

EDIT: just had word now - product available.  Did you want a bag of 100 for a little over $70? That is the only packaged quantity they are sold as unfortunately. Alternatively, would it be easier I get a bag in and sell a dozen or however many you precisely need? Let me know mate, cheers @1.21 Gigawatts

On a side note - I have discovered both Sanwa and Seimitsu havent printed a physical product brochure since the start of COVID, therefore on a couple of occasions I have ordered certain parts which are now out of production. Additionally, there are parts which feature on Japanese websites not in the official catalogues, that can be easily ordered.

Edited by xb74
Had reply email answer from Japan

2 hours ago, 1.21 Gigawatts said:

Thanks @xb74 I would purchase a bag of 25 if that worked for you to order the first 100 and break it up for on-selling. I am also interested in one of those buttons that light up and the associated harness to connect to the turbo button on the Brook UFB. 🙏🏼

B2BFD15C-13DD-4A69-BB3B-EB4D71719CFA.thumb.jpeg.fc1d9fb248861ebaf64f5bcca284f331.jpeg

Hi mate, yes happy to do a bag of whatever quantity you need of the wiring clips. I will do my best to sneak the wiring clips onto my current order which is being arranged as we speak.

I just sent a query about the above button and matching harness and will ping you the moment I have an answer.

Kind regards and have a good weekend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few items added to the CQB Arcade store - the Bit Bang Gaming Shuriken PCB (fine tune modding your JLF or Korean joystick).

Also secured a quantity of the always elusive Gamerfinger 30mm mechanical switch push buttons.

20220530_113351-01.thumb.jpeg.cdb41076ebd45116e0381959e5059ab9.jpeg20220530_102604.thumb.jpg.b9502fe7877836554996f66a439fe47c.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just giving a heads up to everyone that I am almost in receipt of another Japan Sanwa/Seimitsu order. I know a few of you are waiting on some specific parts.

I will do my utmost to have the new stock on the website as soon as it is in my hands.

I have a heap of new product lines, limited edition items and restocks.

I am introducing Samducksa (aka Crown) sticks and buttons. I am also introducing KDiT premium quality ball and bat tops.

I have just received the Phreakmods "The Link" EX Groove in multiple colours.

Looking forward to getting this gear into your hands ASAP :)

[I will be having a temporary leave of absence for holidays. (I will be headed to Sth East QLD). The shop will be closed from about the 29th June to the 12th July]

Edit: the packages have arrived just now lol. I will do my utmost to get this gear on the site. Cheers.

Edited by xb74
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

I will throw an order in soon for a blue balltop, a purple balltop and a couple of LS32s. Need the balltops to colour match a game and the LS-32s will go in my Aero.

If you're coming to South East QLD and hit up Brissie, give me a yell. I am always up for hosting fellow candy cab fans in my garage.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, namastepat said:

I will throw an order in soon for a blue balltop, a purple balltop and a couple of LS32s. Need the balltops to colour match a game and the LS-32s will go in my Aero.

If you're coming to South East QLD and hit up Brissie, give me a yell. I am always up for hosting fellow candy cab fans in my garage.

Very kind of you for the invite mate! Most appreciated. I will be in Brisbane for the majority of that period. Thanks  again. 

• Like 1

Update: Product lines from Samducksa, KDiT and Phreakmods are live on the website.

I have also added numerous new products from Sanwa and Seimitsu. (My personal favourites are the Seimitsu holographic buttons and dust  washers - just stunning).

Additionally, some of the more unseen maintenance gear such as mounting bolts, clamps and pivots are now added.

I wish everyone the best in their gaming and look forward to supporting the community. 

www.cqbarcade.com

20220618_121233-01.jpeg

20220618_122241-01.jpeg

20220618_113221-01.jpeg

20220617_235246-01.jpeg

20220618_013331.jpg

20220618_010306-01.jpeg

Edited by xb74
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1