Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Williams Jokerz Wild Help!

Throttle

Question

Hi All,

I’m new on here and was hoping for some help with my Williams Jokerz Wild machine!
So its recently been serviced ( however I now live out of town and really really don’t want to have to transport it again to get in service and then transport it back as its not a great road and would prefer it stays put haha )
but anyway! Its mostly been working fine but one the weekend something else in our shed tripped the shed power and its done something to the machine ( I would have had it on a power board with a trip to stop this happening in the first place but when I plugged it into a power board it didn’t run right and all the sound went funny so I removed the power board)

So the jokerz wild feature reads when the ball goes in there and it makes the noise and gives the points and what not but it wont kick the ball out of the hole.

I’ve ran a few of the tests on it and its moves and kicks all of the other moving parts , but the eject ball on the jokerz wild doesn’t move or even try to kick the ball out.
we have lifted the field up and the actual mechanism fells like its working properly so I’m hoping its just a fuse or something like that but I’m not sure and I have the manual for it but trying to actually work out the diagram for the fuses is a nightmare as I cant understand where is says what fuse does what.
sorry I’m such a novice haha

Thanks for any help I would really appreciate it !!

6 answers to this question

I think your power in the shed might need an electrician to confirm it's wired up correctly. A game plugged into a surge protection board should not effect the machine at all. The fact that something tripped the breaker suggest to me something is not right out there. Is the shed running a fridge, freezer or a compressor? Are they on the same circuit as the Pin?

You can download the manual from here-  https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=+Jokerz+Wild&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Edited by Gemini2544

14 hours ago, Gemini2544 said:

I think your power in the shed might need an electrician to confirm it's wired up correctly. A game plugged into a surge protection board should not effect the machine at all. The fact that something tripped the breaker suggest to me something is not right out there. Is the shed running a fridge, freezer or a compressor? Are they on the same circuit as the Pin?

You can download the manual from here-  https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=+Jokerz+Wild&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

ok cool ill have a geez, and i think even know its a new board i think it must be faulty. 
and we've recently had an electrician in who has put some new power points in ( one of which the pinny is on ) and we have a fridge and separate freezer plugged in , in the shed but would have a clue as to if they are on the same circuit or not

Sometime the power drops momentary when the Compressor on the Fridge clicks on. This can in some cases cause the 5 vdc to drop suddenly making the CPU crash the game or worse spike the circuit board (doing damage). I'm not saying this is your problem but it's unwise having fridges & freezers on the same circuit without protection. Also before blaming the new board has the power supply board been serviced lately, Sometimes the Capacitors, Diodes,  Rectifiers and header pins need replacing. Ken at  @Skybeaux here on AA does this type of work.

2 minutes ago, Gemini2544 said:

Sometime the power drops momentary when the Compressor on the Fridge clicks on. This can in some cases cause the 5 vdc to drop suddenly making the CPU crash the game or worse spike the circuit board (doing damage). I'm not saying this is your problem but it's unwise having fridges & freezers on the same circuit without protection. Also before blaming the new board has the power supply board been serviced lately, Sometimes the Capacitors, Diodes,  Rectifiers and header pins need replacing. Ken at  @Skybeaux here on AA does this type of work.

Yah ok will do, i will get another board to to run the machine on, and well we tried running something else on that board and it tripped the power ( as it was an old appliance) but it didn't trip the surge protector on the board at all twice in a row so for what a new ones worth ill replace that too.
and yeah i think so, the whole machine had a massive service not long ago and its probably had less then 1 hour play time since then,
but anyway any idea on how to fix the particular part that seems to have died ?

5 hours ago, Throttle said:

Any idea on how to fix the particular part that seems to have died ?

Not until we know what has died. No way of knowing or guessing without a proper diagnoses. Could be anything really.

Edited by Gemini2544