Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLLI - Game 7 ~ Commando US set 1 (closes 8-May)

Avoid the jeep....

MGLLI– Game 7 ~ Commando

Nominated by gamers: @danny_galaga and NZL Berserker

ROMSet 0.183: commandou (us set 1)

1438772965_commandogame7.thumb.png.3f05dca2ce82ffe6788996408b197e42.png

Game Story:

You are a highly trained soldier tasked with annihilating the enemy and rescuing important captives. You must destroy the enemy base, which is said to be impregnable, in order to accomplish this. Your weapons are an unlimited-shot machine gun and a limited supply of hand grenades that can be replenished by stealing from the enemy.

Score Submissions:

Please start a new post for each score you submit, with your score as the first line and a screen shot of your score and initials. This game will end at 9a.m. United Kingdom time on Sunday, 8 May, 2022.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states, No cheats allowed.  We are playing the US romset, not the World romset.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 7 - Defeat the POW Guards...

Last played in MGL35 over 4 years ago....

Commando_flyer.jpg.2fae066e09c7a8956bb3d9994df9808c.jpg

Edited by Evan
  • Thanks 1

Yeah we played the World version last time I nominated this one. I've still got it setup actually in Wolfmame because I bought it on the Capcom Arcade Stadium. Man, that's 5/7 games now that have already come up before for me. Definitely something that takes a bit to get used to. 

I really got into the 2015 C64 arcade conversion of Commando awhile back and even posted a score for it on HighScore.com. I still need to get back to it at some point to try to complete it. 

• Like 2

Nuts, even though I nominated this, I can only play the world version on my cocktail cab. Unless anyone happens to know if the Pandora version is the US version? Then I can play it on my upright. Edit: us set says data east on title screen. My Pandora is Capcom. Web browser it is then...

I've found a browser based emulator so I can play it that way. But really only to get myself on the board for now. Might see if I have a usb game pad somewhere to improve on it.

So my score for now is 12000 😔

IMG_20220417_150453_HDR.jpg

Edited by danny_galaga
  • Like 2

On 4/16/2022 at 10:29 AM, Evan said:

Just a reminder please make sure you are using the US romset and NOT the World romset

GAME ON.....

Why are we playing the "us set1" version?

• Like 1

Ok, so turns out I have three different USB controllers. And NONE of them work on the browser version of MAME I have to play the US version on 😔

So I too have to voice my disappointment on choosing the us over the world version.

My last chance will be to borrow back a flight controller I lent to someone.

Extra disappointing because commando was one of the games I absolutely hammered on my cocktail cab while I was building it, so there's a deep connection to playing it that way.

IMG_20220418_123812_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

meh, the screen on my cocktail cab just went blank 😞  It's over 15 years old but I kinda hoped it would last forever. Will pull it out later, who knows, maybe there's a fuse inside?

I have tried about four different roms from different sources. I am running mame 78 and I suspect it would be really hard to get the correct rom now, if it was even working back then (it's in the menu mind). Since my machine is running XP im not sure what version of mame i can run on it that will play that rom.

Now, if the World version is harder, can I just play that one anyway? At this very moment, the only way I can play it is with a keyboard and web browser emulator. Even if the World version is harder, I'm still going to score better than with a stupid keyboard!

• Like 1

I got my cocktail cab going again. It has a rotating monitor and one of the microswitches that turns out off and on again to degauss was playing up. So all good again.

So long as we agree that the world rom is harder, I'm happy playing on that one and submitting scores thus. Let me know if no allow.

IMG_20220419_204620_HDR.jpg

• Like 2