Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Yes the onboard batteries was removed so that it wouldn't leak and cause corrosion on the board.  The remote battery pack solves this but using an NVRAM replacement would be better and less trouble in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josh Cohen said:

Great. Thanks for clarifying that 

Whomever changed this may or may not have had better options depending on how long ago that was done. You can however thank them for placing it where if it does corrode or leak it will not land on the boards which is always a bad thing....

• Administrators

Based on the crap all around the batteries it looks like it has done its job too.

$200 for board repairs or tree-fiddy fo a new plastic holder when the shitte Duracell batteries you put in it leak all over the place.

Anyone putting Duracell in their games deserves whatever they get!
Dave

• Like 2

1 hour ago, furballx said:

Based on the crap all around the batteries it looks like it has done its job too.

$200 for board repairs or tree-fiddy fo a new plastic holder when the shitte Duracell batteries you put in it leak all over the place.

Dave

20210825_175300.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, furballx said:

Dave

Funny that, Duracell warranty claims or use to anyway that any appliance damaged, a replacement or repair cost if their batteries leaked. They must have a great lawyer. LOL

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Josh Cohen said:

So just to make sure I understand this: what this person has done is "normal" and as long as I dont put crappy batteries in there, I shouldnt have any issues?

Yes Josh.  There are a few options (listed above) for getting batteries off the main board so they do not damage them of they leak.  A remote battery pack like that is perfectly acceptable.  Do not use Duracell batteries.  They use to be good but in the last few (10?) years they have turned to shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josh Cohen said:

So just to make sure I understand this: what this person has done is "normal" and as long as I dont put crappy batteries in there, I shouldnt have any issues?

you still need to remove your batteries if you put your game into storage
the photo above, the acid had traveled down the negative wire and had traveled along the associated negative traces on the board

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcade King said:

The best solution is to install a FRAM. Never have to worry about it again. 

Totally agree Trav. Thanks to you the FRAM idea has helped preserve my Bally's from the creeping acid onslaught.

• Thanks 1

On another sidenote if I may it looks like you may have a pretty good survivor game. It still looks pretty good in the headbox condition wise for a 40+ year old game.

The Rectifier board seems to be original ??. This is the biggest weak link in these games. If yours still boots up and plays with an original board i'm amazed.

If thats the case someone remounting the the backup battery off the board is great but using duracell - not so great. Duracell has killed more boards than they are likely going to own up for.

Finished tidying up a Playboy last year and happy to help with pics / info if needed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Railways said:

On another sidenote if I may it looks like you may have a pretty good survivor game. It still looks pretty good in the headbox condition wise for a 40+ year old game.

The Rectifier board seems to be original ??. This is the biggest weak link in these games. If yours still boots up and plays with an original board i'm amazed.

If thats the case someone remounting the the backup battery off the board is great but using duracell - not so great. Duracell has killed more boards than they are likely going to own up for.

Finished tidying up a Playboy last year and happy to help with pics / info if needed.

Thanks Jeff. I still have your mobile from when I purchased some rails from you. I'll shoot you some pictures if the seller is happy to deal.