IGNORED

Dehumidifier recommendations

ocyen

Hi all.

Having some issues with humidity in the garage which I am trying to combat. I am looking for a dehumidifier to remove some of the moisture. There has been some talk on the forum about dehumidifiers but all of these topics are very old and all of the links are out of date. Keen to find out if anyone can recommend a decent dehumidifier for this purpose. Room size is about 40m2 and I'd be looking to run the unit pretty much 24/7. 

Thanks guys. 

I have a Panasonic air conditioner in the shed, humidity/ dry mode works great. With the Sensibo control unit it can be set to “climate react” and respond to turn on at desired temperature or humidity levels. Probably a lot more expensive than a de-humidifier but it is a very effective set up. 

• Like 1

I do already have a split system in the garage however it is not as efficient as a dedicated unit. I've also got a humidity sensor so I can program it to turn on when the humidity is too high, so that should work well once I find the right unit.

I got the breville smart dry ultimate. It works well, I had bamboo floors buckling with the moisture, was around 80%, after a week of being on over night got it down to 60% and we are just turning it on when the laundry is drying. Expensive, but it saved the floors, they are back to normal. It was the biggest non-industrial one I had access to.