IGNORED

US cab Phoenix cab, no AC

RaoulJuke

Question

g'day, had a US import Phoenix which was working via a step down.  it went off recently & appeared that the psu had failed. replaced it & still no love. tested the AC points on the psu & appears to have no AC readings. replaced the step down to a new one & same issue so have eliminated that.  the AC wiring goes to a Line Filter. is it likely a failure there, or possibly the AC cord.  still new to arcade repairs so weary of messing about with AC 

6 answers to this question

cheers Doug, was a little weary testing AC without the the knowledge, but checked it at both black/white  Ac points before & after the line filter & getting 110v at both ends. it then goes into a harness plug which also testing at 110v, which i have followed down to a 2 wire AC plug which goes into the power brick. when I test that plug I am seeing a drop to 15v.

is it safe to assume a compromised wire or an issue at the previous mentioned harness plug, on the 'makes pinned side?

updated, tested the male plugs by slipping in the prongs via the anus & getting a slight drop to 105v, so its dropping 90% somewhere between the 2 harness points before the brick.

more updates, following the Black/White AC wires & i think I may have found the culprit. while the white AC wire from the Line Filter goes directly to the plug going into the Power Brick, the black one actually goes to the top of the headbox & provides power to the fluoro, before, i assume, it does a U-turn & comes back down via a black/white wire which then goes into the ac plug, so assume its a fault in the fluoro or the switch which lives inside its casing 

i am a god.

basically the black AC to the fluoro, which then fed back down to the power brick within the same loom was the issue, ie a fault in the fluoro. I just bypassed the fluoro by joining the two adjoining wires & presto! game is back. obviously no fluoro but it was not being utilised.  I will look for a new fluoro/led alternative to replace it which is essentially 'plug n play' directly to the AC via the psu. if anyone has a solution there already then please let me know.

thanks @wiredoug & @poidapoidafor directions

1646805036168590446206615375907.jpg

• Like 3