Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

How to remove neckboard on CRT TV

I have a Samsung TV I'm hesitant trying to remove the neckboard as it has a dob of silicone in the middle of where the pins are on the solder side I'm not sure if I have to remove this silicone first or does it gently wiggle off, it's the first time it's been opened and looked at so maybe it's a tight fit I've given it a wiggle and gentle pull but I stopped in fear of breaking it

20220307_191634.jpg

20220307_191624.jpg

Edited by Potostew42

Thanks autosteve I removed the neckboard by removing the silicone and I cleaned the years of dust inside, I used a tool to discharge the tube for safety and now that it's back together and working I hear a static pop from something like the sound when you short a capacitor with a metal screw driver is this normal for a while or could it be the earth wires are too close to hi voltage wires (flyback) causing a crossover I doubt this as there is no interference or screen picture distortion before during or after the pop sound I'll take a shot of the internals later