Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL21-Game8 Jokerz

GAME 8.... When the King & Queen Play cards only a fool would get between them

VPGL 21 - Game 8 ~ Jokerz

Nominated by VPGL legend  RusstyT

Game Closes-Sunday 20thMarch

Jokers  was made by Williams in 1988 and is an SS pinball machine. This is machine is a very unique advancement in solid state pinball machines with a black box computer allow callouts and Backglass Screen Text and a carnival attract that will drive you bonkas. The lifting centre Ramp allows for ball locks and Jokerz wild multiball.

Design by: Barry Oursler, Python Anghelo
Art by:  John Youssi

Mechanics: Joe Joos Jr

Music & Sound: Chris Granner & Jon Hey

Software: Bill Pfutzenreuter

image.png.15de7bbac22137c701442d2982fe2792.png 

The VPX Game, Backglass  & ROM can be found here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zaYsdE33YRJoyTb1Efe9wK1KmDSv-RYH/view?usp=sharing

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 20th March 2022, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will stand between the King & King and conquer Jokerz Wild

Edited by RusstyT

1 hour ago, JustAnotherRat said:

I've always enjoyed this game. I haven't played it in a very long time though.

You’ll have to pop by your sisters house JAR. I’m sure she’d love to see Barney😁👍

8 hours ago, vtdmame said:

Good to see you getting in and having a crack. Good on you mate  

a bit sideways

20220311_153644.thumb.jpg.2824aa40da0f934bbb0957e72bc129e0.jpg

first time playing this table,   its a bit of fun.  enjoyed it,   thanks for the nom for it. 

think i will be keeping this one on the cab. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Capp said:

first time playing this table,   its a bit of fun.  enjoyed it,   thanks for the nom for it. 

think i will be keeping this one on the cab. 

It has been so interesting playing the solid state games in this comp. I can see the development of machines that leads into DMD. Also I’m not sure if this is the first Solid state table with a callout because of the inclusion of a black box computer. It was a complete rethink of how to construct a machine. It would be interesting if anyone knows that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crakkers said:

Sad to see that Barry Oursler who designed this table died just a couple of weeks ago.

He sure made some bloody nice tables, as you can see from this list.

https://www.arcade-history.com/index.php?page=person&name=Barry+Oursler

Oh. WE can't bargain Time eh! We've played a few of those in in the VPGL. Looks like he built 2 games per year in his hey day. I like his sense of humour that comes through in taxi and pinbot. I always liked Scorpion gameplay but the Visual Pinball version is terrible. Even Bigus version is pretty ordinary.

Edited by RusstyT

17,503,980 Made the ramps to double the second ball score to get to 9,500,000, carried the 3rd ball through to 17,500,000ish and subsequently drained an extra ball. 😁Sound familiar.

1A22CE6B-77D0-4C8C-8D02-809BC58971EF.jpeg

Edited by RusstyT

8 hours ago, RusstyT said:

17,503,980 Made the ramps to double the second ball score to get to 9,500,000, carried the 3rd ball through to 17,500,000ish and subsequently drained an extra ball. 😁Sound familiar.

Only the last bit.😄

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Capp said:

straight ball drain on last ball so didnt even get a chance to double the score...

Wow. You set that up perfectly and were in a much better position than I was in my last game. Im confident you'll get it.

• Like 1

Q:  are we supposed to see the lights on the roll overs underneath the cards?   I cant see them at all ,  and that's where the multipliers are?

6 minutes ago, RusstyT said:

Wow. You set that up perfectly and were in a much better position than I was in my last game. Im confident you'll get it.

Am trying mate,  choked again...   12mill this time.   I will wait until i better that score (hoping)  before i post another s/s  up

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Capp said:

Q:  are we supposed to see the lights on the roll overs underneath the cards?   I cant see them at all ,  and that's where the multipliers are?

Am trying mate,  choked again...   12mill this time.   I will wait until i better that score (hoping)  before i post another s/s  up

Yeh. we are supposed to see them. They spell bet and completing Bet gives the Bonus multiplier. JP is pretty switched on with his layouts and unfortunately this is a limitation of VP. Sometimes the Bet lanes have a progression of hits off a bumper and I keep jogging the right flipper in case they move like the top lane. You could try to put a ridiculous power to each of the lights to wash out the light and give a glow under the top table. Say power 40 ,fall off 2. Ill have a go later tonight. just building my game at the moment.

Edited by RusstyT

5 hours ago, Capp said:

I boosted the lighting so the tip of the BET bonus multiplier lights  can be seen. The link at the top has been updated to this mod. Definitely easier to play.

Edited by RusstyT

I practiced hitting just the outside ramps for about 6 games just so I could hit the double score when I needed. 

It paid off, I doubled 10M and ended up with this.  I found you can still get a decent score just hitting the centre ramp for jackpots.  Its an easy shot.

Jokerz!.thumb.jpg.f5131fad9156bf1c157c28f5cb008dff.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/03/2022 at 9:01 AM, Crakkers said:

Sad to see that Barry Oursler who designed this table died just a couple of weeks ago.

He sure made some bloody nice tables, as you can see from this list.

https://www.arcade-history.com/index.php?page=person&name=Barry+Oursler

After looking at that list it feels like I grew up playing his tables.  Our local arcade in the 80's had Bad Cats, Comet, Cyclone, Pinbot, and Taxi there all at the same time.  Played a bunch of his other tables at other places.  Legend

• Like 2

Game 8 is now closed with  Pinzealot holding his nerve to hit the double ramps and post a monstor score and take a superb win. Well done mate, that is huge! Legin 2nd continues his stellar form in this comp to take 2nd while  RusstyT,  Crakkers  & Capp  battled it out for the Chokers 3rd Spot with RusstyT rising to the Top as 3rd Place Choker. Capp was hitting the 12,000,000 range but succumbs to the No Pic before closing date-No score...Kapow!😁 All good mate it sounded like you were enjoying the game and the freedom to come and go in this comp as you please is breath of fresh air.

Game 8 Jokerz    
Player Score   Points
Pinzealot 30,491,730  1 100
legin 22,679,710  2 99
RusstyT 17,503,980  3 98
Crakkers 14,694,580  4 97
Capp 8,880,660  5 96
vtdmame 2,117,790  6 95
Edited by RusstyT