Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL21-Game6 QBerts Quest

XGAME 6.... Welcome to the land of pink villains

VPGL 21 - Game 6 ~ Q-Berts Quest

Game subbed in by VPGL coordinator to replace nominated game with scoring issues.

Game Closes-Sunday 20th March, Midnight PM AEST

QBerts Quest was released by Gottleib in 1983 and is an EM pinball machine

Design by:     John Trudeau
Art by:    David Moore
Notes:    The Arcade game was released in 1982 a year before the pinball game.  

The VPX Game and Backglass can be found here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s2Y0Z50YNqtDQXOK8qJ_ETopdcFMC8gk/view?usp=sharing

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like.

image.thumb.png.69dc37b648662ac43ff45125d3e93a95.png

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 20th March, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who can master the upside down loops and complete the figure 8

Edited by RusstyT

2 hours ago, Crakkers said:

IMG_20220311_174629.jpg

Solid score Crakkers. Have you made the figure 8 shot?  It has eluded me soo far. I think this might be a aboard reproduction so I’d assume you already had this game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RusstyT said:

Solid score Crakkers. Have you made the figure 8 shot?  It has eluded me soo far. I think this might be a aboard reproduction so I’d assume you already had this game. 

Yep, this one is a fairly recent addition to my Bord collection, so I haven't played it much yet. I haven't actually read the rules, so I'm not sure what the figure 8 shot is..... though I could've got it without knowing what I was doing! I love those "last chance" flippers at the bottom - they're a really nice touch.

12 hours ago, Crakkers said:

Yep, this one is a fairly recent addition to my Bord collection, so I haven't played it much yet. I haven't actually read the rules, so I'm not sure what the figure 8 shot is..... though I could've got it without knowing what I was doing! I love those "last chance" flippers at the bottom - they're a really nice touch.

The figure 8 shot is made off the bottom flippers. The ball literally traverses the the table in a figure 8. I like the concept of collecting stuff while three bad pink dudes are trying to steal it and you have to keep them at bay. 😁I really like how Bord lights his tables. I wonder if he is related to the Bord name associated with some pinball games coming out of Chicago? You know a long term family connection.

2,189,280 I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but really dig this game because of the flipper configuration. Managed the figure 8 shot and lit the 3 pink villains for the extra ball (not sure if I got it. ) they must have recorded the sounds backwards. 😆 The raspberry QBert blows at the end of the attract is crack up. Only thing I’d like would be a bit more response to a nudge. 

44761A1A-F0D5-48C3-9F64-4C8FFB63C489.jpeg

I just noticed in the first post that this is a 5 ball game. Mine is 3 balls by default. The score I posted is also a 3 ball score. What about the rest of you, are all your scores 3 ball scores too?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, legin said:

I just noticed in the first post that this is a 5 ball game. Mine is 3 balls by default. The score I posted is also a 3 ball score. What about the rest of you, are all your scores 3 ball scores too?

3 ball game.

3 hours ago, RusstyT said:

3 ball game.

I just read the first post again and it says 3 balls.  Am I going crazy or did you change it RusstyT?

Im a bit young to be losing the marbles!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, legin said:

I just read the first post again and it says 3 balls.  Am I going crazy or did you change it RusstyT?

Im a bit young to be losing the marbles!!

No mate. You are sharp as ever. I changed it. 😁 writing and spelling are a bit tricky for me and it’s not uncommon that I miss spell or don’t read what I write properly. It’s good you pointed out the issue. It’s an ongoing family joke that the spelling police have to correct me. By the way I like your approach to practice shots critical to a game.  Your in stellar form and It’s funny how much I want to win this quirky game. I got to 1,600,000ish last night. Who knows? Crakkers might storm us on his late night beer run. 😂

About that upside down screen for your pics. That’s weird. And I don’t have that issue. You could try copy and paste instead of add file. I do that for the 1st post picture. 

Also was the soprano games different to the version you had? 

Edited by RusstyT

4 hours ago, Crakkers said:

1,563,690.....a crappy little upgrade.

Still a good game crackers.  have you worked out the extra ball   I think you have to nail the pink villain while it’s on the no 1 light for the villain to light the pink villain icon. If anyone knows I’d like to know.  in my best game I worked out that if I slapped the side of the table in the direction the ball was going it stops the ball centre draining . Otherwise the table is very unresponsive to a nudge. Also I worked on the opening shot to get get the top rollover to get 20 k bonus lit.  It’s very handy  opening shot. 

Edited by RusstyT

10 hours ago, RusstyT said:

Still a good game crackers.  have you worked out the extra ball   I think you have to nail the pink villain while it’s on the no 1 light for the villain to light the pink villain icon. If anyone knows I’d like to know.  in my best game I worked out that if I slapped the side of the table in the direction the ball was going it stops the ball centre draining . Otherwise the table is very unresponsive to a nudge. Also I worked on the opening shot to get get the top rollover to get 20 k bonus lit.  It’s very handy  opening shot.

I haven't managed to get the extra ball yet, but I've got that opening shot sussed. I reckon I get it maybe 8 times out of 10

• Like 1

Game 6 is now closed &  RusstyT got his wish to be the big raspberry blower ahead of Legin 2nd who set a very high bench mark in a world of weirdness and what on earth is going on in this game. 😁 Crakkers  ran out of beer to finish 3rd with notable control of the opening shot. 8 out of 10 hits for the opening shot is impressive. To all who participated thank you for making this a fun game to be part of

Game 6 QBerts Quest    
Player Score   Points
RusstyT 2,598,300  1 100
legin 2,208,830  2 99
Crakkers 1,563,690  3 98
Pinzealot 1,001,460  4 97
vtdmame 418,170  5 96