IGNORED

VPGL21-Game4 CueBall Wizard

GAME 4- Chalk up Cowboys and cowgirls we are heading to the pool parlour.

VPGL 21 - Game 4 ~CueBall Wizard 

Nominated by VPGL legend 

Game Closes- Sunday 6th March, midnight AEST

CueBall Wizard is a 3 ball DMD game released by Gottleib in 1992.

Cue Ball Wizard has a two and three ball Multiball and an oscillating captive ball kicker at the upper playfield. Its most noticeable feature, a full-sized captive cue ball that can be used to hit two elevated targets, is placed below on the lower playfield. The ramp is the game's most important shot, as it has to be hit once to light it up for the wagon wheel award. In the wagon wheel are all the modes the player must finish to reach Pool Ball Mania.

Design by: Don Norris

Art By: David Moore, Constantino Mitchell, Jeanine Mitchell

cueball2.jpeg.a048d612107cfafd6111e6cf9632ccce.jpeg

­
­­

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/7487-cueball-wizard-gottlieb-1992-v-07/?do=download&csrfKey=d86c4488b4a9e6a39d73989073812c31 

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/7503-cueball-wizard-b2s-living-grill/?do=download&csrfKey=d86c4488b4a9e6a39d73989073812c31

The ROM can be downloaded here:

https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/1275-cueballzip/?do=download&csrfKey=d86c4488b4a9e6a39d73989073812c31

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 6th March 2022, Midnight pm Sydney time.

We will be playing the regular 3 ball game for this competition. 

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Who will rule the pool room. Good Question?

Edited by RusstyT
  • Like 1

224,619,340 I’m playing the VRroom version from VP Universe. Looks amazing. On the cab 3 lines of script for desktop mode created an error so I put a ‘ at the start of each script line and bingo.what beautiful looking game.  I think the script lines were 61,62 & 63

854E1C62-F49B-4706-BFC7-9143A70A4483.jpeg

Edited by RusstyT

1,220,947,970 This game was rediculous. Finally got the double up round to chalk up a 3 extra balls and got a nice little sign on the DMD saying that I’d cracked the Billion. Ye hah! Getting an extra ball in the timed round is handy to keep the game going.  I’m claiming a fluke!

20399B44-9251-42D3-85E0-DEFD33B217C8.jpeg

Edited by RusstyT

6 hours ago, Pinzealot said:

Thanks. I had a nice pool ball mania and I hit the hurry up 9 ball for 1/2 billion points!  I don't do well on the "double" rounds the flashers mess me up.

How goods that. 1/2 billion for one shot. I  had the same issue with the flashes so I turned them down to half their power. It’s actually the gi lighting around the bottom slings. Are you playing the Virtual reality version?

36 minutes ago, legin said:

Not my best on this one.  Cant seem to hit the 1/2 billion shot

The new version of Cue Ball wizard is next level. It says it’s for virtual reality but I play it on my cab after turning off the script for desktop mode (around lines 61). Just load it up and it will point to the lines of script causing a problem. I also halved the power of the apron and bottom sling gi lights as these were blinding. If anyone is not sure what I’m talking about I can put a link to the modded game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RusstyT said:

The new version of Cue Ball wizard is next level. It says it’s for virtual reality but I play it on my cab after turning off the script for desktop mode (around lines 61). Just load it up and it will point to the lines of script causing a problem. I also halved the power of the apron and bottom sling gi lights as these were blinding. If anyone is not sure what I’m talking about I can put a link to the modded game. 

Okay I'll check the script

• Like 1

Cant find what you mean RusstyT.  I also only know little bits and pieces when it comes to scripting.  Back in the early days we used to muck around with the script a lot especially for backglasses

Are you using this table: Cueball Wizard (Gottlieb 1992)_0.7

Heres a picture of what the script says on mine around line 61

script.JPG.6e67b3ee5f4fe232f3e8636d225d3f8a.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, legin said:

Cant find what you mean RusstyT.  I also only know little bits and pieces when it comes to scripting.  Back in the early days we used to muck around with the script a lot especially for backglasses

Are you using this table: Cueball Wizard (Gottlieb 1992)_0.7

Heres a picture of what the script says on mine around line 61

Yeh that's it.

This is a link to the game that I turned the blinding lights down. This is a beautiful table with lut adjustment with magna saves

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1akPAyzK_Vu7ibpbXMxWb6VF1y9--l9fa/view?usp=sharing 

2 hours ago, legin said:

This is much more like it.  Finally got the 1/2 billion on double score and had 2 good pool ball mania sessions.

Love it. Raised the bar in a big way. Well done mate.

I tried the 0.7 version legin referred too. Has JP Salas’s logo on the bottom right corner. This plays more direct and less bouncy than the modified Virtual reality version that I was using. The VR graphics version are crisper but it’s a total different feel slower and less likely to side lane drain. I probably like the more direct feel in the 07 version. It’s faster.  Either way they are both very good games. 

On 26/02/2022 at 5:01 PM, RusstyT said:

How goods that. 1/2 billion for one shot. I  had the same issue with the flashes so I turned them down to half their power. It’s actually the gi lighting around the bottom slings. Are you playing the Virtual reality version?

I'm playing the 0.7 version, it plays smoother for me.  I'm on a desktop computer but I tilt the screen up to portrait.  I haven't tried any VR yet.

• Like 1