Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stargate Rail measurements

Can I call on any owners of Gottlieb Stargate (sys. 3) to help me verify our siderail measurements please.

I've got the following,

Length overall 1126mm

Height 76.5 mm

The X & Y co-ordinates of the square earth bolt hole 44 mm along the horizontal from the end of the rail and 9.8 mm up from the bottom of the rail.

Flipper hole diameter 32.5 mm.

Any help really appreciatted, cheers.

Jeff,

Here are some measurements from my Tee'd Off:

Length: 1125mm

Height: 76mm

X&Y coordinates: 9mm x 43mm

Can't take the flipper buttons out at the moment so not sure about the hole diameter.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Alex, I appreciate the reply.

It has to be a Stargate though as I know of a Stargate that our standard system 3 rails like as above with both your's and our measurements they don't seem to fit.

On the Stargate in question our rails are too short, flipper button hole is different size, Earth bolt hole is slightly off. This stargate was made for Germany originally but I'm not sure why that would matter as we have sold rails for a Stargate before without a problem and in fact we have sold dozens of system 3 rails over 11 years without a problem.

It's got me stumped!!!

2 hours ago, Railways said:

It has to be a Stargate though as I know of a Stargate that our standard system 3 rails like as above with both your's and our measurements they don't seem to fit.

On the Stargate in question our rails are too short, flipper button hole is different size, Earth bolt hole is slightly off. This stargate was made for Germany originally but I'm not sure why that would matter as we have sold rails for a Stargate before without a problem and in fact we have sold dozens of system 3 rails over 11 years without a problem.

It's got me stumped!!!

Huh! I didn't know that Stargate was different! Interesting. 

• Like 1

I bought some system 3 rails off you at the Barn  meet once , they went straight on my Stargate if I remember correctly  ( i've recently sold the machine ) but  i might have stashed original ones someplace , I"ll check tomorrow 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Railways said:

It's got me stumped!!!

Are you sure the machine in question wasn't made in Europe by Vifico?

I have a Gold Wings that was made by them with some imported Gottlieb parts but there could easily be subtle differences, one is metric screws.

Edited by Boots

Thanks @ocyen @pinthing @Boots for the input, much appreciatted. 

I've got some measurements back from the Stargate original rails and also the rails I sent and it looks like this crusty ol' fart has had a seniors moment and grabbed the wrong set off our racks 🙄🙄😵.

I'll be able to verify this when the courier drops ours back.

Ooooopps .

It is interesting about the possibility of European games being slightly different though.

Nope . I must have ( finally ) thrown something away for once

stargate.thumb.jpeg.88dfdd9eccc1511b54aa297524672bad.jpeg

The rails looked great .

I had Stern gold mirror blades in it to match the other stuff , only had to remove a tiny unseen chunk off the  back box end .

• Like 1