Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Windows 11, anybody taken the plunge?

I have it on my PC. It's very similar to Windows 10.

I found that the right click options are annoying as I now need to make an extra click to get to the ones I actually use.

I put my start button back on the left (more so for others).

The lack of start menu is a bit of a shit. I don't know how the average person is meant to find what they are after without it, I guess just typing what they're after.

Other than that, I can't really tell the difference between Windows 10 and Windows 11.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Autosteve said:

I thought I got upgraded about 3 weeks ago but no, still says Win 10 pro. My mate was saying MS will only be supporting Win 10 for just a couple of years?.

Maybe MS learnt a lesson upgrading Win 7 to 10 for free?.

Windows 10 will be supported until October 14, 2025.

When Windows 10 came out, Microsoft said that it would be the last Windows. Perhaps they can't charge for an upgrade to Windows 11 as they said there wouldn't be one and people might complain that they bought it knowing that they didn't need to purchase another version???

• Like 2

I think the official reason around 10 > 11 was about utilising features of newer hardware for security. My guess is supporting legacy hardware ongoing is a nightmare and their is more opportunity to engage users in the microsoft ecosystem.

I don't have any CPUs that are compatible so I haven't tried it, but from what I read minor performance improvements for the latest and greatest I can't justify paying for.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, redferatu said:

I don't have any CPUs that are compatible so I haven't tried it, but from what I read minor performance improvements for the latest and greatest I can't justify paying for.

It's pretty easy to get around the cpu requirement. It's really just a couple of registry changes, but yeah there's guides on the net.

• Like 1

Got it on my work PC. Don't like the fact that the task bar doesn't allow stacked windows. Ie. Have outlook and an email message open and you have to click on outlook in the taskbar then the message. Doesn't allow multiple items from same program on the taskbar which is really annoying

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, robm said:

Got it on my work PC. Don't like the fact that the task bar doesn't allow stacked windows. Ie. Have outlook and an email message open and you have to click on outlook in the taskbar then the message. Doesn't allow multiple items from same program on the taskbar which is really annoying

Not sure what you mean. In the attachment, I have 2 Chrome windows open, it shows as an overlapping icon on the task bar, when I hover over it with the mouse it shows both windows and I can click on the one I want. 

Is this not what you experience?

16422076847785231226232119032090.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Rob

Not sure of your user level but its not hard to change

Open regedit

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Create a DWORD (32-bit) Value called NoTaskGrouping, (check first it doesnt exist) and set it to 1. 

problem solved 🙂

• Like 2

The way I show mine for Windows 11 is the same as it was for Windows 10 for me (and is how it is on my work PC which is Windows 10). This leads me to think that Rob's way isn't the default, not saying it couldn't be changed before etc. just that it isn't a change in the standard experience.

• Like 1

In WIn10, its the default way which you can change. Win11 doesnt give that option. I use the default way but have come across so many people that went from Win7 who just like it that way. I cant imagine changing it but Im a taskbar hoarder with so many windows open - nothing worse then not seeing all your open programs 🙂

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...