Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Continuing to ask for logon.

a stab in the dark here, but could it be accessing the site via a desktop, pad and phone or some combo of multiple devices causing the login requests? I only use my desktop and it has never asked for a login after the first round. Not a solution saying "use only desktop" - but it may give another avenue to search for the issue? 🤔

8 minutes ago, AskJacob said:

a stab in the dark here, but could it be accessing the site via a desktop, pad and phone or some combo of multiple devices causing the login requests? I only use my desktop and it has never asked for a login after the first round. Not a solution saying "use only desktop" - but it may give another avenue to search for the issue? 🤔

I only use a single laptop, nothing else. For me the issue has settled down for now. Certainly better since deleting the obsolete logon data.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Gemini2544 said:

Funny you say that, I know a lot of members that have dropped out due to the new software. Sad really they didn't give it a better chance.

On the flip side a lot of members have come back because they couldn't stand VB5.

New software is best money can buy, there nothing more I can do. The forum is running fine for the majority of users including myself, in fact its never been better.

To have any hope of resolving an issue like this, I'd have to witness it myself

The site will automatically log you out if inactive for x amount of days, that's just a basic security measure however if you visit the site daily then it shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

My issues I'm still blaming fully on Firefox. Settled down enormously but still crashing if I leave logged on for too long with no activity. Funny thing is even after Firefox crashes and i get a crash report screen, if I reload Firefox, it automatically goes back to the page on the forum and all is good again.

I use Gmail to log in and the pass is stored on Firefox. I'm wondering if I log on with Google or one of the other methods of logging in if this will still happen?.

@Arcade King personally i think you've got the forum itself humming nicely. If I had to bitch, I say the size of the Emojis would be better twice or 3 times largers instead of text size as is now maybe.

I do have a question regarding JPeg usage though. I love the load on site method rather than the link to external picture hosting but I'm not noticing any decrease in space still avaliable.

Is there a limit and if so when I reach it can I delete old pictures to regain space?. Not a real fan of deleting myself because people do read old posts but I also understand storing pictures costs money as in forum costs.

• Like 2

• Administrators

Thanks for the constructive comments Autosteve.

You can manage your attachments in the main drop down under your username at the top left of the site, its just under profile or here's a direct link https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachments/ If you can't see that then I've missed a setting somewhere which I'll look into.

You shouldn't have attachment space limits at this point with the Veteran usergroup, I'll look into that also.

Edit: You've only used 60.88 MB out of 500mb so you have heaps of storage.

Well that was different, ( Firefox crash).  I read your post, clicked your link, started scrowling through my pictures and Firefox locks up...Windows term......Firefox Failing to respond.

Reload Firefox, comes up Do you want to restore section?....yes and it reloads perfectly back on the page of pictures i was just looking at.....perfectly.

I'm really think my Firefox install has the clap. Ran a Win Defender test through it and it found nothing as did the CC clean test I ran though it.

All upgrades are up to date. How the F do I erase all traces of Firefox off the machine so I can reload a brand new version from there site?.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Autosteve said:

Well that was different, ( Firefox crash).  I read your post, clicked your link, started scrowling through my pictures and Firefox locks up...Windows term......Firefox Failing to respond.

Reload Firefox, comes up Do you want to restore section?....yes and it reloads perfectly back on the page of pictures i was just looking at.....perfectly.

I'm really think my Firefox install has the clap. Ran a Win Defender test through it and it found nothing as did the CC clean test I ran though it.

All upgrades are up to date. How the F do I erase all traces of Firefox off the machine so I can reload a brand new version from there site?.

Uninstall Mozilla like any other program. After that your local files, cookies, cache bookmarks etc are still stored in your AppData folder. To remove type this in File explorer:

open Windows File Explorer and type %APPDATA% \roaming\

Delete the Mozilla Folder.

Cheers,

Brad

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1