IGNORED

Continuing to ask for logon.

Gemini2544

This started a few weeks go but is getting worse now.

If I close the AA page to go somewhere else and latter jump back on to AA, I'm asked to logon even though the "remember me box" is ticked on.

Can't understand why it does this. it acts like my user name & password is not remembered.

Screenshot_2022-01-09_15-28-52.png

Edited by Gemini2544

Depending on your choice of browser, theres a number of common reasons. Check your settings for clearing cookies when you close your browser, if you have save usernames/passwords has an effect.

Have you tried "remember me" then closing your browser?

Do other sites act this way? What browser do you use? Do you have other devices (PC,s Mobiles, Tablets)? logging into sites.

I see ths often (not AA) and its one or all of the above - typically conflicting devices with different options (one device clearing cache/extensions/cookies, using different browsers conflicting with other browsers and the list goes on.

If none of the above work, reset your browser/s on all devices - that should fix the problem

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Going through my log in's for AA, I found three, two were left overs from the old AA site, the AA test site and the currant AA site! so I deleted the first two & things seem to be working better.

Edited by Gemini2544

Wouldn't happen to be using Firefox by chance would you?.

Got an upgrade to Win 11 about 3-4 weeks ago and since then Firefox has been trying to catch up it looks like.

Since then Firefox has been crashing, I'd say over 10 times a day but it is slowly getting better but around last week, sometimes, not every time, the forum requires me to log in up to 3 times. I get a failed to log in . Contact admin pop up.

What I'm finding is Firefox only crashes when it sits non active for anything from 10 minutes on and a page is open.

PC just sitting there with no one near it and it crashes and PC goes back to my homescreen with a Firefox Crash report screen. reboot Firefox and all is good and if I hadn't closed my login, straight back to the page i was on.

I went through the PC and cleaned everything.....CC clean... and deleted all cookies which did sort of helped.

Sorry guys, your snowflakes got a lot of blame for this as it all started around the time of the snowflake but now I can say i was stupid to assume the snowflake being the crusher of all things good.

No it is Firefox that has been as reliable as a high scoring pommy cricket player lately.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Autosteve said:

Wouldn't happen to be using Firefox by chance would you?.

Hi Steve YES, I'm using Firefox. however after removing those two discontinued log on's the computer is again stable.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherRat said:

I have seen that message occasionally. I've just ignored it and logged in as per normal. I assumed that it was meaning users of the site before it was updated, need to change their password to get into the new version of the site.

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Funny that because I had no user name on the top left corner.

Screenshot_2022-01-12_16-14-24.png

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, JustAnotherRat said:

I have seen that message occasionally. I've just ignored it and logged in as per normal. I assumed that it was meaning users of the site before it was updated, need to change their password to get into the new version of the site.

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

It is just an announcement to let people know who haven't logged in since the upgrade to IPS4 they'll need to do a password reset and can be dismissed by clicking on the X.

Could it be worded better?

3 minutes ago, Arcade King said:

It is just an announcement to let people know who haven't logged in since the upgrade to IPS4 they'll need to do a password reset and can be dismissed by clicking on the X.

Maybe, but I can't think of a short and sweet way of saying it right now.

11 hours ago, Arcade King said:

One solution that has worked for others is me setting a temporary password for you, you log in then can change it to whatever. 

Let me know if you want to try.

No, I've done that. It's got to be my computer not retaining my details or it's a glitch in my software.

45 minutes ago, Gemini2544 said:

No, It's AA, I have no problems on any other site anywhere, Just here.

It was just a light hearted jab after you were spruiking on the Windows 11 thread about Linux.

Your second last post says that it's your computer but your last post says that it's AA. I wonder whether others are having the same level of trouble you have. Like I said previously, I can just ignore the message when I see it as I'm still signed in. It could be the way you have your browser set to handle cookies or a bad cookie? Have you cleared your cookies? In Firefox you can clear all cookies for the site.

On 12/01/2022 at 4:54 PM, Arcade King said:

How about, "Those who haven't, since the site upgrade, must reset their password to log in"

2 hours ago, Arcade King said:

Are you logging in with with your email/pass? if you are using your username/pass you will get locked out.

Email!  Sometime works normally, next it doesn't. Don't worry about...

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got the same problem always getting logged out. Probably why I don’t login too often anymore. I never used to get logged out before but it seems like every day I’ll have to login again which I’m lazy and I don’t do because the forum is still open to those not logged in. I only use the forum on my iPhone X and safari. I don’t have any problems staying logged into other sites.