Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

WPC95 flipper problem

8 minutes ago, Boof Head said:

Try swapping the flipper button opto boards. Does the problem move with the board? 

That just reminded me of flutter I once had on a I.J. Cleaned the optos with some Windex and a cotton ear bud fixed it.

Double flips as in looks like it bounces and then holds up or double flips and doesn't stay up even though the button is still held on?

What does it do in flipper test?.......I find better to do this test in manual advance, not auto and in your case I would select the effected flipper "power" and let that pulse a couple of times. now put your finger behind the flipper so it stays nearly up and advance the test to "hold".

Don't assume this "hold" test will pull the flipper all the way up thus the finger behind to test the hold circuit.

See what happens and get back with the results.

Testing the flippers this way bypasses the cabinet switches or optos.

The EOS switches are not used to control the flippers power in any way on WPC. They are solely there to log errors. The fliptronics board switches winding power on timing.

The EOS idea on WPC was "originally" to stop a fast ball knocking back a flipper when it was in "Hold" but this didn't effect Williams flippers like it did on DE machines that only used 9vAC to hold up a flipper on there single winding flipper coils so that part of the flipper control was removed.

You can short them out perminantly or leave them open perminantly, you'll just get EOS error codes coming up but the flippers will work perfectly without the switch working correctly.

I'm putting my money on a faulty driver transistor on the fliptronics board or something related with the fliptronics board including ribbon cable but the above test will go a long way to ruling out the simple problems.

10 hours ago, skids said:

Swap the whole right flipper mech with the left flipper mech, see if that changes anything

Is this a serious suggestion? Left and right flipper mechs have different footprints and rotate in the opposite direction to each other. That's what makes them left and right...

Edited by ajfclark

9 hours ago, ajfclark said:

Is this a serious suggestion? Left and right flipper mechs have different footprints and rotate in the opposite direction to each other. That's what makes them left and right...

Change the coil and eos over then