IGNORED

MGLL - Game 11 ~ Vanguard (closes 23-Jan)

Plenty of buttons ...

MGLL - Game 11 ~ Vanguard

Nominated by gamer: @BandontheRun

ROMSet: Vanguard [SNK]

4uKz04c.png

Game Story:

This game is a horizontal and vertical scrolling shooter with four buttons that let you shoot in four different directions. In addition to shooting enemies, you can drive your ship through an "energy" pod that energizes your ship allowing you to crash into enemies without being destroyed.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 23-Jan-2021, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 11 ... Just survive ... 

CvdPEhW.jpg

🕹️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Synappzz said:

Only played this on Atari.

Soon as I seen the title, I remembered that "Luthor destroys the Gond"

Super LOL. What a good laugh. Love the ads from this era. Fun times then, and fun times now.

🕹️ 

• Like 2

One of my favourite games on the Atari VCS. Probably played this and Dragonfire more than anything else at home before I got my ZX Spectrum. Never tried the arcade version before.

• Like 3

Pessimeister: 32, 500

First word that came into my head when I started playing? Engage! *does his best Luthor guffaw impression*. This game has always had a bit of a mystic quality similar to Zaxxon for me; so it's nice to play it for the first time in the MGL. 

0006.png

• Like 3

This is my nomination so thanks!  Another very early voice game.  This was one of the games that the "older" kids were good at.  I was 9 when this game came out. So here I am ... 40 years later still playing.

Edited by BandontheRun
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, BandontheRun said:

This is my nomination so thanks!  Another very early voice game.  This was one of the games that the "older" kids were good at.  I was 9 when this game came out. So here I am ... 40 years later still playing.

Now you're one of the "older" kids ... 👦

• Like 2

10k more than my old TG score. 

Now to try and beat my one life score from the 2004 Advanced Decathlon. 40k on my first life would do it but I haven't got close to that yet

Edit: Mission accomplished but in a game with a lower final score

0000.png

Edited by RMacauley
  • Like 2

Pessimeister: 68, 730

If memory serves, there's a Vanguard cabinet in the "Bishop of Battle" sequence from the 1983 film "Nightmares". It's just before you see Emilio Estevez hustling on Pleiades. 🙂(Scoring 17 k or so in the process...)

0017.png

Edited by Pessimeister
  • Like 3