Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Ice Cold Beer - anyone know anything about this?

I cant find the bloody photos but he was at a Brisbane home show last year (this year?)...totally forgot about this...I did get sent pics but I cant find them ...oops just read pinballers staement. Kiwi Tony had a play and was impressed

• Administrators
2 hours ago, acejas said:

I cant find the bloody photos but he was at a Brisbane home show last year (this year?)...totally forgot about this...I did get sent pics but I cant find them ...oops just read pinballers staement. Kiwi Tony had a play and was impressed

Kiwi Tony only liked it because it had beer int he title.

Tell that clown Happy New Year from me, and to you and Chris to Bro!

16 hours ago, wiredoug said:

arundel looks to be one guy with a standard issue OEM business from the usual redemption game factories in guangzhou.

mike sold one of them the design .. its either the same one or a copy of it.

I knew Mike was doing something similar, but I thought I remembered reading something that he posted about not requiring a licence as what we was doing was different enough according to the licence holders. 

Link purely to show what Mike's ones look like.

https://www.facebook.com/homepin.factory/posts/1061479094624233?__cft__[0]=AZUFuVvn-KhayQyIDPe9c2Ie4__MWWCGAf9r0yBD7Sg0RTDaJ6D4UhjHAn5o29Nr3WNuBrjZOymsd8tqUtchXQ4fJ1t4dB3-2Lv7qlB6e1nF2ZyVaO5f605wfntHrsRzdtcY4bzJKokFTOpAW2sk7Dxx&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

Following my email, Ray McGowan from MCGlobalGames rang and we spoke for about 20 minutes this afternoon about his game, Ice Cold Beer. 

He's based in Arudel just north of the Gold Coast and has been in the arcade crane and novelty manufacturing business for the last 20 years.  He's willing to take local potential customers through the game. I suggest if you are interested to email him at ccw @ mcglobalgames . com (remove the spaces).

Incidentally, he said that he doesn't know or have any relationship with Mike Kalinowski of Homepin.  He was however aware of the game that Mike is/was building and stated it was very different in many ways to his machine.

I'm going to ask a friend that lives near Arundel to drop by and look over one for me.

• Like 4

Hi Guys,

I’m a coin op operator based in Brisbane. My family’s entertainment business and I have been buying machines from Ray at MC Global for over 20 years. Ray was the guy who released the Chocolate Factory (win n grin) over 25 years ago. 

I’ve posted photo’s of his chocolate and toy skill testers which we use in our venues. I’ve also attached a photo of the ice cold beer.

My partner and I went to check it out and Ray has added some awesome features to this machine to help the coin op industry! Over all the machine plays well, looks sexy, I personally know the tech support will be no issue at all. 

we walked out of the shed sat in the car my partner made me ring a club that we have machines in and bam walked straight back into the shed and paid my 50% deposit. Should be ready in Feb! 

i’m so pumped this is NOT a Chinese import it has been made in Australia and it brings back all the memories of playing this game with my dad as a child. 

look forward to seeing how much it earns. I’ll try and attach a video in another post. Seriously tho guys! Get on the website mcglobalgames.com or just give Ray a call or email.

DB0A582F-3082-466B-B200-721102243BEA.jpeg

8EBB1651-0BE8-4952-8211-FF2F530823B7.jpeg

28D134F7-3B0C-4959-9BBD-72C2AAD699CC.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I worked on a few ICE machines, all redemption or ticket machines.

Seems a shame they choose to use LED and sensors rather than micros as it ties you to sourcing replacement parts only from them where as micros are a generic part.

As for Ice Cold Beer being a popular Taito machine, well no it wasn't. More a novelty in the same way as Hyperball and Rapidfire were.

The machine was also limited to beer serving venues as the concept of the original game was to win a free beer should you get the ball to the top...Thus the name, "Ice Cold Beer"

ICE's version and others will no doubt be ticket dispensing targeted at kids and the game is quite frankly to hard for kids playing for tickets.

• 2 months later...