Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern Pinball next title…..RUSH TRAVELLING SOON

1 minute ago, Audioenslaved said:

I think the rules on GZ interest me more. I think the rules on rush detract from the layout for me because Borg is the man 

The rules on rush so far seem fleshed out... early days still. Lot of risk reward elements. 

15 hours ago, Audioenslaved said:

Are they that innovative? Aiq i probably like the least it’s missing a soul gem and I couldn’t move it fast enough. GZ yeah I can see innovation with the tower I just wish the ramps were a little shorter. Maiden is fun not too sure about the innovation though. JP3 I do like the trex and truck and there’s some innovation there. I’m not a huge fan of the left side of the playfield being relatively closed off by the raptor enclosure, although I do like it with the gate. 

Yep:

JP: code, right ramp, toys (they work and throw the ball around) right lane/ramp, missile shot/code, left up post instead of sr gay scoop, truck

AIQ: Ramps, lock spinner thing, magnet lock

Maiden: Spinner to relight ball save, multiball/wizard mode code, captive ball and lock, jackpot loop combos, double spinner combo code

GZ: Tower, heat ray code, effectively the entire playfield, allie code, bridge mech.

and Borg can GTFO. As a whole the worst designer Stern have ever had. Wont name him but another designer said a similar thing. I difference between him and KME.. well. Borgs games need brilliant coders to get them over the line.

FYI: obvs not saying people cant like his stuff but yeah

Edited by RGR
  • Like 1

Jp3 for me is elwins most well rounded game... good mix of easy/hard shots, best toy ino too and unsurpassed code. Jury's out still for me on gz.. I will get one to be sure, but i felt it is very approachable and likeable from the plunge. For me anyway JP and aiq hand you your ass more regularly. Maybe is was just the game how it was set up.  Still prefer only 1 elwin in a line up to mix things up. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RGR said:

I think JP is the best game ever made

Agree... best stern in my memory anyway. Perfect balance of shots and incredible depth. The code is intuitive also. Art is its only semi weak link but it does the job. If a games weakest point is its art then im ok with that.... gonna get smashed for saying this but games like the holier than thou deadpool I think the art is the strongest and the game and code drops off a cliff imo. Art seems to be rush weak point also. But its ok. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Noob-A-Tron said:

Theme has a lot to do with it thats why Maiden shits on JP in my eyes. 

Yep, and if you play IM and can't hack Maiden these days (last enjoyed in 1982 as a kid), it wasn't hard to pass up for me. For JP it's win-win on KME's design and the theme.

On 18/04/2022 at 9:33 AM, Noob-A-Tron said:

Theme has a lot to do with it thats why Maiden shits on JP in my eyes. 

Theme makes a pinball attractive, but doesnt make it better than another pinball imo. Put MET on a south park playfield and WOZ on JP.... JP will shit on it

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/04/2022 at 5:11 AM, RGR said:

Theme makes a pinball attractive, but doesnt make it better than another pinball imo. Put MET on a south park playfield and WOZ on JP.... JP will shit on it

So with that logic JP on My Little Pony would be just as good. 

12 hours ago, Noob-A-Tron said:

So with that logic JP on My Little Pony would be just as good. 

Yep... MLP might not be as attractive and may not sell as well but the game will play great...

GZ is proof that playfield is more important than theme

Edited by RGR

9 hours ago, RGR said:

Yep... MLP might not be as attractive and may not sell as well but the game will play great...

GZ is proof that playfield is more important than theme

They’ve integrated the theme very well in that game. Probably one of the better ones in terms off stern integration. Jp has very good integration too

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Audioenslaved said:

They’ve integrated the theme very well in that game. Probably one of the better ones in terms off stern integration. Jp has very good integration too

A shit theme and a great playfield is better than a great theme and a shit playfield imo. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, RGR said:

A shit theme and a great playfield is better than a great theme and a shit playfield imo. 

I think it is about 50/50 both as important as each other.  But you don't buy machines so who cares what you say hahahaha. Rush LE this week yay!!! great band great theme. 

1 hour ago, Noob-A-Tron said:

I think it is about 50/50 both as important as each other.  But you don't buy machines so who cares what you say hahahaha. Rush LE this week yay!!! great band great theme. 

Theme is about 5% of the purchase for me. Shit layout and it’ll last about a month at my place. I’d like to play a rush as I like Borg designs. Not sure if I want to own one but

1 hour ago, Audioenslaved said:

Theme is about 5% of the purchase for me. Shit layout and it’ll last about a month at my place. I’d like to play a rush as I like Borg designs. Not sure if I want to own one but

I usually can't get past a theme I'm really negative on despite a great pf. IM was a great example of that for me.  So there's definitely a balance there. 

6 hours ago, OurManinOz said:

I usually can't get past a theme I'm really negative on despite a great pf. IM was a great example of that for me.  So there's definitely a balance there. 

Maiden or iron man? The music kind of disappears for me and the call outs are really in the forefront of my hearing on iron maiden kind of like all games really the music disappears and I really only hear the call outs 

I understand that people like games that have a theme that they relate to, but a great theme does not make a great game...Theme integration yes.... great theme like Star Wars, no. 

2 hours ago, Audioenslaved said:

Maiden or iron man? The music kind of disappears for me and the call outs are really in the forefront of my hearing on iron maiden kind of like all games really the music disappears and I really only hear the call outs 

Maiden for me. I can't unhear a Maiden soundtrack for an entire game. Probably due my personal music tastes though. 

• Like 1

On 10/05/2022 at 1:04 PM, Audioenslaved said:

You will like it

15 hours ago, Audioenslaved said:

Of course I will it’s a Borg. Do you have one Mick? 

Soon. I like the band have been listening to their music since the mid eighties. Game looks like it has nice flow and speed.