Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern Pinball next title…..RUSH TRAVELLING SOON

40 minutes ago, Shock_And_Awe said:

Seriously?? If anything, I'm embarrassed about how much I have spent on pinballs and their accessories. What you're saying is probably more of an American thing.

As I stated, that quote was definitely aimed at a different type of pinball buyer, not the real enthusiast community. It's definitely more prevalent in the US, however I've definitely come across some types here via the FB pinball groups. Here some of the ones I've come across seem to fit into some of our negative ethno-stereotypes unfortunately.

• Like 1

Yep, if anyone knows how to reduce the price of NIB LE's I'm all ears. Not proud of spending stupid money but the good thing about it is you can always make more.

This really was a determined hard pass (even as a Rush fan) until I saw the design, the amount of music in it, and the LE cab art. I figure I'm doing my network of pinheads a favour as there isn't going to be many around. 🙂

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Timbo said:

Yep, if anyone knows how to reduce the price of NIB LE's I'm all ears. Not proud of spending stupid money but the good thing about it is you can always make more.

This really was a determined hard pass (even as a Rush fan) until I saw the design, the amount of music in it, and the LE cab art. I figure I'm doing my network of pinheads a favour as there isn't going to be many around. 🙂

Wow an Aussie Rush fan and going for an LE to boot. You're like a veritable 4 leaf clover of Aus pinball lol!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Chisel fans. I guess it's up to me to keep the Rush flame burning. 🙂

800 lines of dialogue recorded? Even if they use a fraction that's a lot. Great that Ed was involved and surely a bonus that Borg is into the band. 

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-pinball-barenaked-ladies/?fbclid=IwAR1QE2-djKlyAKlR01MiOeUp4aX9QaZm616cSetre3nRxgaNx59EQvKyWt4

I'm in on an LE. I gave up smoking years ago and can still justify 1 new pinball per year. I also work bloody hard and deserve fun.

I like Rush not love them would prefer Pantera or Slayer or Sabbath but this actually looks pretty damn good way better than Led Zep and that was a dream pin of mine that i passed on an LE.

Borg games i normally like and the code looks like it could be going places. I read something about a pretty decent Wizard mode or something to do with multi ball that sounded great but can not remember the details it was late at night.

How many people on AA are in on a Rush pin i know of about 5 i think so super rare. I still think Godzilla is the pin to own this year though.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Timbo said:

Hey Chisel fans. I guess it's up to me to keep the Rush flame burning. 🙂

800 lines of dialogue recorded? Even if they use a fraction that's a lot. Great that Ed was involved and surely a bonus that Borg is into the band. 

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-pinball-barenaked-ladies/?fbclid=IwAR1QE2-djKlyAKlR01MiOeUp4aX9QaZm616cSetre3nRxgaNx59EQvKyWt4

Why have you referenced Chisel fans???

WTF do they have to do with this???

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Why have you referenced Chisel fans???

WTF do they have to do with this???

Someone in this thread mentioned playing this in a pub with the volume turned down while listening to Chisel.

I was just being a smart arse. 🙂

58 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Someone in this thread mentioned playing this in a pub with the volume turned down while listening to Chisel.

I was just being a smart arse. 🙂

Thank God for that....Ha Ha

I'm a Chisel fan indeed....In fact the thongs I'm wearing celebrate a 2 year Birthday Tomorrow??? Why you ask? WTF does my thongs have to do with the Legendary Cold Chisel? Well 2 years ago on Sunday gone (6-2-2020) CC played a DOTG at Sirromet winery where we got 150mm of rain. This is where I broke my thongs and replaced them 2 days after the gig. I also nearly re-broke my arm playing on tarp waterslides in the rain on the hill with some random punters that I'd never met? But as per the usual....NO GROG WAS SPILT IN THE RUNNING OF THE WATERSLIDE....

Oh....AND COLD CHISEL WERE    F U C K I N...       AWESOME..............

Saturday Night, splish splish splash splash do do do do do doo....

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 31/12/2021 at 9:33 PM, oldhank said:

Come on stern what are you doing make a moterhead pin

1909811_10153807000684244_6304842437757486902_n.jpg

Looking at the artwork, I reckon that lead singer bloke is a dead ringer of lemmy, but oh that music! Certainly no ace of spades!!

Edited by peely
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 03/04/2022 at 11:45 AM, Rob1966 said:

Getting really sick of these music and band titles that Stern keeps pumping out

Don't worry it's said the second and only Stern coming this year definitely won't be a band title..

• Like 1

On 03/04/2022 at 11:45 AM, Rob1966 said:

Getting really sick of these music and band titles that Stern keeps pumping out

Stern  also bring out plenty of other titles to keep people happy.

I think RUSH will be a cracking game and I am looking forward to seeing what people think of thew game in Australia.

Edited by pinballaddicted

39 minutes ago, pinballaddicted said:

Stern  also bring out plenty of other titles to keep people happy.

I think RUSH will be a cracking game and I am looking forward to seeing what people think of thew game in Australia.

Don't think we need to speculate on what it's like just because it hasn't landed here yet. There's enough feedback out there already. If anything it sounds pretty middling, better than LZ though. 

Edited by OurManinOz

On 07/04/2022 at 7:58 AM, RGR said:

How about rehashed playfields as well

Nearly everything in Pinball is rehashed. Do you have any new ideas?

On 07/04/2022 at 8:29 AM, OurManinOz said:

Don't think we need to speculate on what it's like just because it hasn't landed here yet. There's enough feedback out there already. If anything it sounds pretty middling, better than LZ though. 

Some people choose to love, some people choose not too.

I think the game looks amazing. Congrats to all the new owners in Australia.

• Like 1

Played it last month in the US.
Really good gameplay, flows well, I really liked it.

I'm no fan of the band, I hadn't even heard of Rush before pinball people started raving on about wanting a Rush game, but it works well just as background music, it suits the game.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, pinballaddicted said:

Nearly everything in Pinball is rehashed. Do you have any new ideas?

JP, Maiden, AIQ, GZ all innovative and completely different, hence why they are the best that Stern has ever done

Edited by RGR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, RGR said:

JP, Maiden, AIQ, GZ all innovative and completely different, hence why they are the best that Stern has ever done

That Steve Ritchie sure knows how to knock up a game... great run so far 😉

I have a pro coming next month... the ruleset seems quite in depth and interesting. Lots to do. Plus I like xmen so until I find one of those this will do. 

Edited by JohnBryce0712

12 hours ago, JohnBryce0712 said:

That Steve Ritchie sure knows how to knock up a game... great run so far 😉

I have a pro coming next month... the ruleset seems quite in depth and interesting. Lots to do. Plus I like xmen so until I find one of those this will do. 

Xmen is AWESOME! I’ve had mine since new and it’s not going anywhere! The shots are awesome, call outs suit xmen, the music is good, the rules are easy enough but hard enough to achieve. I’ve only been to Danger room once! There’s thought behind the rules too like with Phoenix you can hit her shot, Wolverine or cyclops. Rogue you hit her shot or 3 other xmen shots. Very cool game and underrated. 
twdle, tmntle, deadpool prem, xmenle, JP3 prem, WH2O, iron man, then woz. 1 and 2 are close. 3-5 are close. And 6-8 are close. But I do love me some Borg games 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 10:47 PM, RGR said:

Are they that innovative? Aiq i probably like the least it’s missing a soul gem and I couldn’t move it fast enough. GZ yeah I can see innovation with the tower I just wish the ramps were a little shorter. Maiden is fun not too sure about the innovation though. JP3 I do like the trex and truck and there’s some innovation there. I’m not a huge fan of the left side of the playfield being relatively closed off by the raptor enclosure, although I do like it with the gate. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Audioenslaved said:

Are they that innovative? Aiq i probably like the least it’s missing a soul gem and I couldn’t move it fast enough. GZ yeah I can see innovation with the tower I just wish the ramps were a little shorter. Maiden is fun not too sure about the innovation though. JP3 I do like the trex and truck and there’s some innovation there. I’m not a huge fan of the left side of the playfield being relatively closed off by the raptor enclosure, although I do like it with the gate. 

Yeah xmen is awesome! I had an xmen pro and loved it. So many cool shots. Im still waiting for my JP3 prem... ordered last June. That's right 10 months ago, but I've heard it's almost here. Aiq.. the code just clicked with me so like it. I still think JP is elwins most well rounded game to date. Godzilla, I've put some time on prem and pro and prefer the pro.... it played way better. Tbh its a game I think is good but like JP ill order one down the track... maybe. Much more interested in playing a rush. 

Edited by JohnBryce0712

17 minutes ago, JohnBryce0712 said:

Yeah xmen is awesome! I had an xmen pro and loved it. So many cool shots. Im still waiting for my JP3... ordered last June. That's right 10 months ago, but I've heard it's almost here. Aiq.. the code cjust clicked with me. Godzilla, I've put some time on prem and pro and prefer the pro. Tbh its a game I think is good but like JP ill order one down the track... maybe. Much more interested in playing a rush. 

I think the rules on GZ interest me more. I think the rules on rush detract from the layout for me because Borg is the man