Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern Pinball next title…..RUSH TRAVELLING SOON

Watched the gameplay last night and the playfield seems to be really good even tho its xmen 2.0. They modified the shots and seems to flow very well.... Could end up being one of the best music pins stern as done

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ando77 said:

Awesome   👍

First Aussie LE spoken for,  you beauty 🙂

Honestly I don't think that you will be disappointed if you can handle the tunes. 

Its interesting that some class RUSH as progressive rock or progressive metal, mmm I  don't class them as progressive metal. 

A great progressive metal band for pinball would be Dream Theater  Could make for a very cool pin !

Definitely not metal @Ando77 . Prog rock for sure. Of the album’s I’ve listened to so far 2112 and Hemisphere stand out - but their catalogue is huge, so I’m sure there’s heaps more.

Really talented guys - Neil Peart is phenomenal.

Edited by Cooked71
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, RGR said:

Watched the gameplay last night and the playfield seems to be really good even tho its xmen 2.0. They modified the shots and seems to flow very well.... Could end up being one of the best music pins stern as done

Better than iron maiden?

I went back and watched it with the music off, great flow and certainly has that xmen feel with great upper flipper shots - my fave

Will no doubt be a great game and in a pub with chisel blasting through the hotel speakers 

Edited by peely

Game looks really good in my opinion. I don't mind the music either from what little I have heard. It's just that there's so many other great games coming out or recent releases that I would like. I need to choose very carefully and this one doesn't make the cut for me.

On 09/01/2022 at 4:58 PM, Cooked71 said:

Really like the look of this game, and actually like the music. Thinking I’ll take one for the team and order one. Wish me luck!

Havent heard of one other person interested. Might be a tough onsell - but maybe it’ll be bolted to the floor forever 😂 

Nice pick up and it looks sweet to play. The LE is very distinct too with the nice guitars etched into the trim. Congrats on your LE. We've all seen many times over how games end up sort after following a mediocre reception.  Its also a title where not every swinging dick in the hobby will have which often makes for a better choice imo. 

1 hour ago, Replay said:

From AMD newsletter…

Pro Model: AU$10,650 arriving March
Premium Model: AU$13,250 arriving April
Limited Edition Model: AU$16,250 arriving March

The LE, ouch, so much more on top of Godzilla even. Don't think anyone contemplating one will want to be trying to move it on too soon. 

• Like 1

If Godzilla had the Expression lighting they'd of been topping out at 17k+ with their extra mechs you'd think.

I don't know if moving forward some models may not get them and the price on those comes down again?

Zep got the lighting. Seems a 'music/band theme only' thing so far with Stern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timbo said:

If Godzilla had the Expression lighting they'd of been topping out at 17k+ with their extra mechs you'd think.

I don't know if moving forward some models may not get them and the price on those comes down again?

Zep got the lighting. Seems a 'music/band theme only' thing so far with Stern.

Have you seen the BOM comparison with LZ? It pretty much matches GZ. I'd say they'd cut out some mechs over increasing the retail if they added expression lighting. You can see the LE retails continuing to go up though thanks to the all too many out their who are willing to pay it. It's already pretty much in the I don't have the level of fomo to really give a shit over getting a premium. I can already see just getting a Bond premium later in the year, regardless whether I sell an LE to pay for it. 

Edited by OurManinOz
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, OurManinOz said:

Have you seen the BOM comparison with LZ? It pretty much matches GZ. I'd say they'd cut out some mechs over increasing the retail if they added expression lighting. You can see the LE retails continuing to go up though thanks to the all too many out their who are willing to pay it. It's already pretty much in the I don't have the level of fomo to really give a shit over getting a premium. I can already see just getting a Bond premium later in the year, regardless whether I sell an LE to pay for it. 

Definitely a tough pill to swallow now.  Seems like an increase on GZ, with expression lighting thrown in as a sweetener. Be interesting to see if next title without expression comes back down - somehow doubt it.

Agree on the LE VS Premium. Having said that going to be tough paying LE prices for a Premium. If you add expression lighting to a Premium on Rush it will still be $14k!!!!  Was only a couple of releases ago that was LE pricing.

47 minutes ago, Railways said:

Sorry Mark but have never even heard of Rush but my 2cw its aimed at North America. BTW, Loved playing a Godzilla pro at Pinfest. The LZ got one game from me as did GnR

This one is absolutely aimed at North America. Like Aerosmith was.

Looks like a great game though - tbh I’m not a huge fan of ACDC, Metallica or Maiden, and those are probably my favorite 3 pins. 

Really cant wait to finally play GZ Jeff. Shouldn’t be long now. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Cooked71 said:

This one is absolutely aimed at North America. Like Aerosmith was.

Looks like a great game though - tbh I’m not a huge fan of ACDC, Metallica or Maiden, and those are probably my favorite 3 pins. 

Really cant wait to finally play GZ Jeff. Shouldn’t be long now. 

Iron maiden is my favorite pin

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Cooked71 said:

Definitely a tough pill to swallow now.  Seems like an increase on GZ, with expression lighting thrown in as a sweetener. Be interesting to see if next title without expression comes back down - somehow doubt it.

Agree on the LE VS Premium. Having said that going to be tough paying LE prices for a Premium. If you add expression lighting to a Premium on Rush it will still be $14k!!!!  Was only a couple of releases ago that was LE pricing.

Yeah an additional $750 is a decent whack on top of GZ LE. The premium pricing too is definitely still hard to swallow nowadays. It really makes the case to me for not wanting to order blindly on new titles like I've done a few times in the past, even with personally desirable themes like say Bond. 

2 hours ago, Ferro said:

Pinball… rich man’s hobby now 😢

Even if you spend lot on other stuff, like cars say, pinball isn't looking very compelling at these prices. I've got several times the value of my collection in a single car. Your friends will probably admire a car or cars you own over fact you just paid over $16K on a new LE pinball. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, OurManinOz said:

Yeah an additional $750 is a decent whack on top of GZ LE. The premium pricing too is definitely still hard to swallow nowadays. It really makes the case to me for not wanting to order blindly on new titles like I've done a few times in the past, even with personally desirable themes like say Bond. 

I was surprised to see the $600USD increase over GZ so considering that’s around $830AUD local pricing is pretty good, in the current craziness we are living in.

Personally I reckon Stern’s just making shit up when it comes to pricing these days.

Because they can.

15 minutes ago, OurManinOz said:

Even if you spend lot on other stuff, like cars say, pinball isn't looking very compelling at these prices. I've got several times the value of my collection in a single car. Your friends will probably admire a car or cars you own over fact you just paid over $16K on a new LE pinball. 

To me pinball has nothing to do what others think of my collection or other toys. It's all about what I enjoy.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, robm said:

To me pinball has nothing to do what others think of my collection or other toys. It's all about what I enjoy.

Same, Moyra and I love our collection and I am sure many would think we have a few 'stinkers'...Haha.

That's the beauty of pinball we all like something that someone else does not.

Rush as a theme for me is meh, but the layout and shot flow on it look quite good. Keen to play one but may be difficult here in Aus I would say.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KJS said:

If you worry about what your friends admire and not what brings you happiness.......well

I certainly didn't say I was worried about it personally, otherwise I wouldn't own anything, so you can put away any judgement there.. 

2 hours ago, robm said:

It's just a quote you'll hear around the traps in reference to pinball pricing at moment in reference to all these schmucks who think it's a big 'flex' move to pay over the odds either in secondhand market or new. Very different to enthusiasts buying games they love and are passionate about.  

Edited by OurManinOz
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, OurManinOz said:

It's just a quote you'll hear around the traps in reference to pinball pricing at moment in reference to all these schmucks who think it's a big 'flex' move to pay over the odds either in secondhand market or new. Very different to enthusiasts buying games they love and are passionate about.  

Seriously?? If anything, I'm embarrassed about how much I have spent on pinballs and their accessories. What you're saying is probably more of an American thing.