Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern Pinball next title…..RUSH TRAVELLING SOON

19 hours ago, Jfed said:

Not one for me, i feel relief when a game comes out i don't want 😂 

It does look good and if i was a Rush fan i would be all over it. I do not know any of Rush music at all but i look forward to playing it on location. Curious as to what the demand will be like here in Australia for this game. 

Mate, thank you......There is no way another music pin should be placed in that room at yours after houseball......

Even if borrowed there was no way I could concentrate playing one music pin but listening to another.....

I think I had a dozen games but all I could hear was GNR and I only played it once when inside....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shock_And_Awe said:

Probably a popular theme for USA/Canada is a big enough market for Stern to still have a hit on it's hands. I wonder what % of overall sales for Stern are USA/Canada markets.

Hard to know for sure. But if you look at how many Aussies have purchased recent titles then I would assume we get more per head of population then possibly the 2 countries combined.... Except for this title.........Still No RUSH....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, oldhank said:

I think you would be surprised lol

Probably not really vs so many other truly global bands out there. The feedback on this thread was a decent indication of a lot of pinball guys reactions from countries outside N/A : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine

4 hours ago, Shock_And_Awe said:

Probably a popular theme for USA/Canada is a big enough market for Stern to still have a hit on it's hands. I wonder what % of overall sales for Stern are USA/Canada markets.

I tend to agree. I'm pretty sure Stern have done their homework on it based on this. The recent growth in the pinball market over their would surely help as well. 

Well after the reveal today I thought it was great. Like a souped up X-men without the Wolverine/scoop being so close to the flippers. Diverter for ramps was cool. Did a groovy dimming of the GI at one point like a retro mode (not sure only happened once that I saw). Rules for days. Certainly not a quick slap together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Well after the reveal today I thought it was great. Like a souped up X-men without the Wolverine/scoop being so close to the flippers. Diverter for ramps was cool. Did a groovy dimming of the GI at one point like a retro mode (not sure only happened once that I saw). Rules for days. Certainly not a quick slap together.

So kinda like a batman 66?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, oldhank said:

So kinda like a batman 66?

Ha ha. A lot more flow than that. No code can make Batman a great game due to PF design IMHO. It's not a bad game and it's a killer theme but it shoots average. 

Game looks very cool.

Arguably Borgs best.

Watched some of Jack Dangers twitch.  Nice work by the way Deadflip

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip/v/1256374472?sr=a&t=4s

I like Borgs style,  he made Metallica yeah \m/

Kills me that I can't handle the tunes,  I tried,  but man...

Edited by Ando77
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ando77 said:

Game looks very cool.

Arguably Borgs best.

Watched some of Jack Dangers twitch.  Nice work by the way Deadflip

https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip/v/1256374472?sr=a&t=4s

I like Borgs style,  he made Metallica yeah \m/

Kills me that I can't handle the tunes,  I tried,  but man...

Oh yeah, I hear you. I can't stand it and like you love borg as a designer. 

But that music. I'd have to turn the volume off which would sort of defeat the purpose

Edited by peely
  • Like 3

Given we probably have a decent year with Stern, in my case, Bond having massive potential, I'll happily completely bypass a music title like Rush. Especially with Godzilla only literally landing finally to tide things over. I've literally not had a new title since Rick & Morty. Meanwhile see how long Fathom takes to materialise as well. 

• Like 1

Really like the look of this game, and actually like the music. Thinking I’ll take one for the team and order one. Wish me luck!

Havent heard of one other person interested. Might be a tough onsell - but maybe it’ll be bolted to the floor forever 😂 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Cooked71 said:

Really like the look of this game, and actually like the music. Thinking I’ll take one for the team and order one. Wish me luck!

Havent heard of one other person interested. Might be a tough onsell - but maybe it’ll be bolted to the floor forever 😂 

Awesome   👍

First Aussie LE spoken for,  you beauty 🙂

Honestly I don't think that you will be disappointed if you can handle the tunes. 

Its interesting that some class RUSH as progressive rock or progressive metal, mmm I  don't class them as progressive metal. 

A great progressive metal band for pinball would be Dream Theater  Could make for a very cool pin !

3 hours ago, Cooked71 said:

I'm in too Mark. LE.  🙂

• Like 3

Its all about memories young @Cursed. I buy on a few catagories..my main one is Memories that make me happy...Based on the pinnys I used to play in the parlour's in the 80's and pubs in the 90's. Then the bands I grew up with from my teens to my 30's (Akka Dakka ). Then there are just pins I have played and loved the flow and the game play. Theatre of Magic, Dead Pool....you buy pinball to what YOU like, stuff everyone else's opinion ( which are like arseh@les..everyone has one ! ) So with regards to RUSH... if you where a 20 something Canadian living the dream and enjoying their music then I guess this pin brings back great memories, makes you smile, and just might have a reasonable rule set.....so in summary all I can say is "Play Better ! " Regards Grunta

• Like 3

Yeah wow, I'm a bit amazed we've got 2 members actually willing to go in on LEs.  I watched the gameplay but seriously that old 70's prog rock sound of Rush, an almost want to be LZ and sameness of the vocal stylings in their various tracks did my head in. So wish Stern or someone would branch out and do something like a Funk music based pin. 

• Like 1