Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Wanted WPC 95 Backbox lighting Harness

Are you talking about the wiring for the backbox lights?

I believe they might be different for each machine since lamps will be in different places but they would be the easiest harness to make as I did in the image below.

In this case the entire panel was missing and I had to make a new one.

Wire colours wont match original but its not that hard to make one.

IMG_2251.thumb.jpg.a85bc82556bbfc6cb7eaec860f653f11.jpg

I have an addams that had to have the same thing done as it was owned by a Sydney Northern beaches operator who routinely used to remove and discard them to replace them with a fluoro tube aka Stern style to lighten the load on the GI circuit.

Yep, every game has a different bulb placement pattern. Maybe would help if you let us know what game and if in fact its the headbox lighting is in facy what you're after?.

1 hour ago, Railways said:

I have an addams that had to have the same thing done as it was owned by a Sydney Northern beaches operator who routinely used to remove and discard them to replace them with a fluoro tube aka Stern style to lighten the load on the GI circuit.

Yep, every game has a different bulb placement pattern. Maybe would help if you let us know what game and if in fact its the headbox lighting is in facy what you're after?.

I've had 3 people that wanted the bulbs gone. One brought over a 12volt white LED set from Bunnings I believe it come from. Simply tapped into the 12volt that used to feed the electronic mech and it was done. It was good offering far better uniform light spread with no heat or burnt pins. I did the others the same way on the others but bought a long strip for the net.

If I was to do it again I would go COB led panels. I can get them from Bunnings, 2 in one light they sell for $4.50 and I think 4 panels would do the job nicely.

I certainly wouldn't recommend fluros as the fluro light makes all the plastic in the backbox brittle exactly like Data East, Sega and Stern all learnt the hard way.

2 hours ago, Johnny said:

Thanks for the replies,

I was chasing one for a cactus canyon, but would take one from any WPC 95 with the intent to modify.

That's a difficult one with the tub style light box WPC95 have, you could go a standard WPC or WPC-S style, you just need the hinges and any old board so that you can get the sockets. Those lamp holders on the WPC95 are super annoying and the clips love to break.