Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Ross from SA

Hi guys I played a pinball machine about 6 months ago and now I’m hooked. So I’ve finally decided I need one. I’ve been after some certain pinball machines but have been put off with the ridiculous asking prices on gumtree. Some people have suggested I ask on here for honest information and pricing! So happy to have found this forum 🙏🏼
The pinballs I’m after are:

Adams family (Bally)

Indiana Jones (Williams)

Star Trek next gen

Rocky

Thanks for looking 😊

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Ross a said:

Hi guys I played a pinball machine about 6 months ago and now I’m hooked. So I’ve finally decided I need one. I’ve been after some certain pinball machines but have been put off with the ridiculous asking prices on gumtree. Some people have suggested I ask on here for honest information and pricing! So happy to have found this forum 🙏🏼
The pinballs I’m after are:

Adams family (Bally)  

Indiana Jones (Williams)

Star Trek next gen

Rocky

Thanks for looking 😊

retails on them all are going to 15-20 range now.  you might get ST cheapest i think ..maybe under 10?    taf and Ij will be higher.   Supply is a huge issue now. Any dealer who has traded or imported one will want to make money on it.

theres plenty around but they have all soaked into private collections.    whether they ever get played is another story.   i know of one 10k+ rocky that doesnt even boot.. he doesnt care. its a trophy on display in a rocky collection

early 2000s sterns are the best value now $wise (8-12)

hopefully you can find one privately

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi Ross, welcome to the hobby 😊

I would have to agree with the comments so far.  Those titles are going to be tough to pry out of collectors hands, even with large amounts of cash.   STTNG is probably the one you might find still moves around a bit.

The good thing is, get involved in the pinball community and you will find people in SA have these machines and you’ll likely get plenty of opportunity to play them and it won’t cost you anything  and you’ll make great friends along the way.  It’s great to own pinballs but these days it’s out of reach for most of us.

Another option to play these titles in your home is virtual pinball.  Yeah it’s never the same as the real deal but it’s very affordable and you get to play any game you can think of.

Be patient and enjoy the ride, gems are still out there but just have fun playing pinball when you can 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The sad thing for you Ross is your starting your hunt now after the ship sailed years ago. I started collecting back in the 1990's and back then machines were very cheap to free if it didn't work and they just wanted it gone. Today prices have gone insane IMO. It's the late entry people that have caused this pricing fiasco. Good luck with your hunt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everybody! Appreciate the replies. I’ve found a Williams Indiana Jones interstate. Is there people that will go and test out the machine before i purchase it (I’m happy to pay) it’s just I don’t want to transfer money before I get a semi professional opinion, I would have no clue whether the machine is good or not. The pinball is located in Melbourne. Appreciate any advice thank you 🙏🏼

Be very careful buying from interstate.  There’s loads of scams on gumtree and Facebook.  Let us know the seller and the suburb and you may find a member here who can inspect it for you.  Then you’ll need to think about shipping and expect to add $500 ish to your costs.  

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, cejay said:

Be very careful buying from interstate.  There’s loads of scams on gumtree and Facebook.  Let us know the seller and the suburb and you may find a member here who can inspect it for you.  Then you’ll need to think about shipping and expect to add $500 ish to your costs.  

It’s located in Narre Warren South VIC. Thank you 

I'm less than an hour from there and will be heading that way on New Years Day, possibly sooner.  If I can be of help to inspect the machine for you, take independent photos, provide an opinion/valuation, call you when there looking at the game etc, I'm more than happy to help you out.  PM me if you'd like to discuss further.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Make sure you take your time and get a feel for the market.  Prices can vary wildly both because sellers are testing the market and also the condition of machines can vary greatly.  Admittedly sometimes you do have to pull the trigger and think about it later, but I usually only do that when I know the price of a machine can be recovered in a worse case scenario.. buying these in demand titles when you are relatively new to the hobby is pretty risky.

Also feel free to ask the members here about pricing.. people are always happy to help but you will always need a load of good pics to get some accurate estimates.

• Thanks 1

I'd suggest be patient and wait for something local, so you can inspect it yourself
make yourself known on this site, and ask if someone from here can look at the game with you, they can point out the good, the bad, and you can start learning from day one

EDIT
Please make sure you have permission from the minister of finance (your wife) before you proceed
I have had games not sell because their wife found out how much they were planning on spending

Edited by Pop Bumper Pete
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Pop Bumper Pete said:

I'd suggest be patient and wait for something local, so you can inspect it yourself
make yourself known on this site, and ask if someone from here can look at the game with you, they can point out the good, the bad, and you can start learning from day one

EDIT
Please make sure you have permission from the minister of finance (your wife) before you proceed
I have had games not sell because their wife found out how much they were planning on spending

I’ve been trying to wait for something local and definately prefer it but I’m not sure if you know Adelaide too well haha. Freight is going to be a bit of a mission in itself but the price of it is a little tempting, hence why I would like it checked out before transferring money over. 

haha yeah the wife not too happy, but a little more relaxed that I promised only to purchase 1 first for the first year and see if I like pinball after that. 

5 hours ago, Ross a said:

Freight is going to be a bit of a mission in itself.

There is Bill's Big ass van pinball delivery service. he collects from Queensland, NSW, Victoria and Adelaide. Bill's service will dismantle & pack on collection & reassemble in your house. Rates are very fair for the expert service he gives.  0423 798 455  pinballmovers@gmail.com

Resized_20200528_105521.jpeg

DSC_1191.JPG

Edited by Gemini2544
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Gemini2544 said:

There is Bill's Big ass van pinball delivery service. he collects from Queensland, NSW, Victoria and Adelaide. Bill's service will dismantle & pack on collection & reassemble in your house. Rates are very fair for the expert service he gives.  0423 798 455  pinballmovers@gmail.com

Resized_20200528_105521.jpeg

DSC_1191.JPG

Yeah I’ve been in contact with Bill. Unfortunately he’s not taking any more jobs until mid January and probably couldn’t do it for a week or so after that, pretty keen to get it earlier if I can…

47 minutes ago, Ross a said:

Yeah I’ve been in contact with Bill. Unfortunately he’s not taking any more jobs until mid January and probably couldn’t do it for a week or so after that, pretty keen to get it earlier if I can…

Never be in a rush, you will pay too much and you might not get a good game

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just an Update guys… Pinballer from this forum went out to have a look at the Indiana Jones Pinball I was interested in (can’t thank you enough mate). And of course Judgeboz for referring me to this forum.

Wanted to know how hard is it to get the real gold legs for it? Or how much are they roughly…? 
Thankyou guys!