Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLL - Game 7 ~ Pac-man (closes 9-Jan)

1 hour ago, terencew said:

Trying not to panic... "pac-nic"?   I pretty much have only today free to shoehorn all those patterns into my head.

And as happens every so often after a long session, I'm becoming excessively conscious of my thumb, and the fact that it's just sitting there doing nothing. Pinkie isn't a problem, just the thumb.

A bit like when some evil genius says "you are now aware of your tongue inside your mouth". You're welcome.
Now back to the thumb... I mean patterns.

LOL. Good luck, and please do try and get a super score. Make the scoreboard show your talent on this game.

It's dot munching time!

42 minutes ago, OOO said:

LOL. Good luck, and please do try and get a super score. Make the scoreboard show your talent on this game.

It's dot munching time!

Memory more than skill per se.

The players who use grouping are the real masters of this game. If they mess up a little, they can regroup. In both senses of the word.

If I mess up even a little, I'm in a world of hurt.

• Haha 1

277950... not enough time, too tired to remember patterns. Too many mistakes, did manage one booey though!
May try again if I get up early enough... got a 4hr drive for work though, so it'll be my last shot.

TER_puckman_2022-01-07_wolf239_277950.png.beee1b5f63f955ecc1a54421e3559c0f.png

Meanwhile for your entertainment...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, OOO said:

LOL. Lucky we're not playing like this, otherwise we'd have 50 or so gamers all tied on 3,333,360 points ... 🍄

Not really... it has to be frame perfect or you die. There is absolutely zero margin for error when using a booey pattern.
It's mostly just a flex, definitely fun to watch!

At least if you mess up a regular pattern, you may be able to step back and free-form the rest of the screen.

puck0002.png

Was hoping to at least roll it at 1 mil...I may try one more time before it's over to at least get 3rd place. I didn't get around to hooking it up to a real control panel, just used my keyboard.

Edited by CrazyKongFan
  • Like 2

0002.png.027e961cda76e3746c6d1af51e7ebf24.png

I use the panic method as I don't know the patterns.

I have been in isolation since boxing day and have just got out this week. I was a close contact to my family who all got the virus but I did not so I haven't had access to my mame machine and couldn't play a few of the games, not that i'm a threat to any high scores.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thejudge said:

0002.png.027e961cda76e3746c6d1af51e7ebf24.png

I use the panic method as I don't know the patterns.

I have been in isolation since boxing day and have just got out this week. I was a close contact to my family who all got the virus but I did not so I haven't had access to my mame machine and couldn't play a few of the games, not that i'm a threat to any high scores.

Thank goodness everyone over your way seems to be OK. Just the MAME machine was missing you.

One of my daughters drove to Melbourne for a couple of weeks and is having a fantastic time. This is what she made and sent to me just now ... 

vyVFmBO.jpg

What a nice beach with hand drawn graphics ... LOL. Good times indeed.

Only 5 hours to go until this game is closed.

Waka Waka

• Like 2

Pessimeister: 168, 100

Probably playing too safe and not going for enough ghosts; but happy anyway to be getting this far. 

Edit: Forgot to mention that I now know what a "Booey" is! I'll be sure to shout it when it happens again. 😉

0012.png

Edited by Pessimeister
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Day 17 of 17 ...

Final standings ...

KxA55JU.png

Pac-man was the most successful arcade game in the 80s. It was a sensation that no one really saw coming, and it proved to be extremely popular world wide.  Whether you are a pattern or free form player, or a combination of both, there's plenty of fun and chomping in this masterpiece. 6 players managed to score over half a million points, and a trio managed to score over 1 million points. Waka waka good stuff. 

Congratulations to Donald Hayes for winning Game 7, with an outrageous score of 3,327,100 points. Only 6,260 points shy of a perfect score, this was a magnificent performance. He is one of only a few in the world, to score the perfect game of 3,333,360 points.     

meUtzpl.png

3 games are remaining to be played in MGL50. And it's all to be play for ...  

BrHJLOS.jpg

And if you need some more fascinating Pac-man news, just before you click away from this game, here's some more from not so long ago ... the mania ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/12/2021 at 9:15 AM, CrazyKongFan said:

Unfortunately, I left the book on a machine while playing and forgot it, and have never been able to find which book it was since then. I've only ever seen one other person use the same pattern, but he couldn't remember which book it was either.

Can’t seem to PM CrazyKongFan so I’ll post here instead as it relates to earlier posts and may still be of interest to other MGLers

@CrazyKongFan

I stumbled across another PAC-Man pattern book whilst doing an eBay search and thought about the MGL thread again and if it might be the one you used to have.

”PAC-MAN - the Ultimate Key to Winning”

a google search found a pdf

https://www.mocagh.org/vgstrategy/pacmanultimatekey.pdf

Just thought I’d share thinking you’d like to know if it turns out to be the one

cheers

Charlie

• Like 2
  • Haha 1