Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Point Blank 1994 Service Menu Button - Not Functioning

Soda

Question

Hi Aussie Arcade members,

I've recently picked myself up an awesome restored Point Blank 1 in an original cabinet. 

Games and guns work great. However, the machine is stuck on the 'Basic Rules' screen, which has some text about how to play the game. There is no demo gameplay and this screen does not cycle. I am super worried about CRT burn-in as there are no cycling images - and it wasn't the cheapest arcade. I've found a way to change this to a demo gameplay loop but I have to change the machine off free play. However, the service menu button is non-functional leading me to my 2 questions. 

1. Is there a way to access the service menu through a button the PCB itself? Or by any other alternate means? - or is there an 'easy' enough fix for someone with basic soldering experience. 

2. If there is no way to fix it, how long should I leave the screen on before I need to start to worry about burn in and have to turn it off for a bit?

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Soda

2 answers to this question