IGNORED

WTB AC/DC BIBLE edition

OurManinOz

Folks I've been considering getting one since missing out on them when new. No doubt really extremely poor timing probably to be looking now with the market but hasn't been a huge priority to add to my collection generally. Was offered one at $A20K recently and said no thanks. Also, have a Pinside ad running so may import one if it comes to it. Based on that, there's a level I can justify paying here for one. Apart from that, there's a small chance I'd consider a Luci if priced significantly better, but would wait until I've exhausted my search for a BIBLE. Perhaps someone will do me solid on pricing, the way I did when I recently sold my DP LE that I could have easily sold for overs instead of just recouping my costs.

Thanks 👍

Edited by OurManinOz

26 minutes ago, Replay said:

Need that kind coin to get a Luci these days , would of thought 20k for a BIB LE was pretty good

Yeah definitely can do a lot better than that from US for a LUCI. Yeah I wasn't going to go $20K on anything, even if 'market' thinks it's good at the moment. Rather look forward to my GZ LE and Mermaid. Irony is with AC/DC, my mate who's a massive fan and once had a pro is egging me on to get one and nearly spent $20K earlier this year on LLoyds with a bunch of mates to buy me a random Premium as bday present. I crucified him for nearly doing that lol.

Edited by OurManinOz

16 hours ago, robm said:

I know of one in a box. Will chase it up again and see how I go

Wow, that's interesting and thanks in advance for chasing it up👍. I'm going to check one out listed on pinballowners.com as being in storage in Sydney and see what the owner says. Have to say I'm a tad apprehensive about an boxed one, sounds like it could have quite a price tag if available. Can't hurt to find out though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 20/12/2021 at 5:01 PM, robm said:

No returned calls as of yet. Away at the moment and will chase up again at new years

A little ways into the new year so I thought I might follow it up with you. Any luck at all? Thanks 🙂

1 hour ago, OurManinOz said:

A little ways into the new year so I thought I might follow it up with you. Any luck at all? Thanks 🙂

He's not returning calls so might be a dead end...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pinballaddicted said:

Did you manage to get the LE for sale this week?

I see you were asking on a different thread.

Nah, I was in contact with him but he'd said he hadn't reached out to me as he didn't want to insult me with pricing. He was looking at putting it up for over $20k and had been 'advised' by a mate to put $25K on it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OurManinOz said:

Nah, I was in contact with him but he'd said he hadn't reached out to me as he didn't want to insult me with pricing. He was looking at putting it up for over $20k and had been 'advised' by a mate to put $25K on it. 

Woo.. That is insane pricing. I do not think pricing like this is any good for the hobby. Hopefully supply will catch up with demand soon.  I think Stern will make another version of the game. They would be crazy not to.

Good luck with your search!

Edited by pinballaddicted
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pinballaddicted said:

Woo.. That is insane pricing. I do not think pricing like this is any good for the hobby. Hopefully supply will catch up with demand soon.  I think Stern will make another version of the game. They would be crazy not to.

Good luck with your search!

Yeah, I just can't abide by it, so ridiculous. It's a very easy comparison to say that much money is within $15k of me buying a new top of the line CanAm X3 RS SxS to replace my existing one. Stern could well do that and make some more. At these prices it's better of to forget the LE fomo and just get a nicely sorted out premium in any edition.