Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Daytona usa locking up

CrusinSX

Question

One of my Daytona machines has been acting weird. 
first turn on in a week and it had a grid pattern on the screen 

then after a couple of resets it powered on fine then mid race I’d had been freezing up. Seems to freeze up after about 2-4minutes of play 

First Pic is the lock up 2nd pic is the grid pattern 

Pcb and power supplies have been rebuilt and serviced. Could it be a voltage drop locking it up? 
cheers guys 

E1D2D6A2-1D6A-435E-9A46-3DA9953C81FA.jpeg

551E2B69-E88E-4835-8B87-82F9C6410AD8.jpeg

Edited by CrusinSX

3 answers to this question

I myself would take the boards out of that side and start with resetting the board stack ( take the stack apart and re assemble ), if you dont get any joy from that you might have to reset each chip on the board, be careful not to bend any pins, ( good idea to wear antistatic gloves ).

If you are not that confident, send the board stack to Joey from Jomac (sponsor on this forum), he can give it a good looking over and service, he is a wiz with Daytona boards 🙂.

20 hours ago, prktkljokr said:

I myself would take the boards out of that side and start with resetting the board stack ( take the stack apart and re assemble ), if you dont get any joy from that you might have to reset each chip on the board, be careful not to bend any pins, ( good idea to wear antistatic gloves ).

If you are not that confident, send the board stack to Joey from Jomac (sponsor on this forum), he can give it a good looking over and service, he is a wiz with Daytona boards 🙂.

Yeah boards and power supplies were with Joey a matter of weeks ago. 

they were running fine for a couple of weeks and have now started acting up. 

Unfortunately they are 30 years old now, unless you have a stock of NOS spare boards to play with you are going to have these glitches, I have the same Sega board stacks in my Virtual racer, I have a heap of spare board stacks I have collected over many years and I am constantly swapping, resetting or repairing them just to have the game working, its just part of owning these old machines, sometimes its part of the fun.

I am not a wiz when it comes to these machines but you do need to know the basics to keep them running and have some basic tools to test with, what I have found is with each new problem I have with mine, you always have to start with the basics and check the voltages and work out if its getting enough when running so a milti meter is a must.

Joey is pretty good with these boards, many of times I have gone there and he has a board running testing it for hours while he works away just to see if its going to play up, so you know he has fully tested it for failure, but like I said they are 30 years old, it could be component that was fine during testing but has now decided to fail, you are going to get that on any machine of this age.

• Like 2