IGNORED

2 Games on the way

Rich

Not a review yet, but i exhausted Borderlands 3 so The Last Of Us part 2 and Assassins Creed Origins are on the way.

Hope the game plays better than the crappy reviews.

Haven't played an Assassins Creed game since....well, the first one which from memory climbing buildings and getting flags was a bit repeative.

So have higher hopes for Origins.

A lot of the bad reviews of The Last of Us 2 were from butthurt gamers angry about the fact that the main playable characters are female and some of them are openly gay. 

It led to a great deal of negative attention from online trolls. The game itself is bloody amazing, but not as good as the original. The original still had a far better story overall. The gameplay of both games is pretty generic, it's the amazing graphics and story that carry them.

• Like 1

so i started with The Last Of Us 2, i got to a point where Ellie's dad? Joel Miller and Tommy save a woman, they go on horseback back to the now saved woman's camp where Joel is shot in the kneecap then the woman demands his leg gets a tourniquet.....what to stop him bleeding out?.......only to be beaten to death with a golf club whilst Ellie is watching? WTF?

I can only assume as the woman knew who Joel Miller was and that he saved his daughter (the only immune human) from being used by doctors/scientists to find out why she is so special instead of learning from what makes her unique and apparently would stop the 'infected ones' that he is murdered?

I hate the Playstation controller soooo much I'm thinking of swapping the X and Square buttons. 

So used the XBOX controller where the X is on the left.

One of the major reasons the game got so much hate is because they killed Joel so early in the game. You find out why during the game, it's pretty much the entire point of the plot. Also, Ellie is not Joel's daughter, she was a kid he was tasked to transport to the Fireflies in the first game so they could use her immunity to create a cure. He then saved her because she needed to die for the cure to be made and he had bonded with her too much on their journey to allow her to die.

Joel had a daughter, you play as her in the opening scene of TLOU1. She dies in the initial outbreak, in one of the most powerful scenes in modern gaming IMO. The connection formed between Joel and Ellie in the first game is largely based on the fact that Joel lost his daughter and Ellie becomes like a surrogate daughter for him.

thanks for the reply, my memory ain't what is used to be, but now you mention that scene in the first one it has jogged my memory, a little.

the mentioning of the Fireflies early on did bring back what the first one was about.

Oh man, Assassin's Creed. Dude, I used to love this franchise. These games used to have the best historical settings and atmosphere out of all the games there. The last game I played was Assassin's Creed Origins, and I got so disappointed by it, so I decided to ignore the different parts. So, I refused to play Odyssey and Valhalla, as Ubisoft has destroyed this great franchise. Now, I'm more into Battle Royale games, and Fortnite is my favorite. If you want to find more info about the game and the best servers, you can do that easily on the Fortnite forums.

Edited by Antigen

On 29/11/2021 at 1:41 AM, namastepat said:

A lot of the bad reviews of The Last of Us 2 were from butthurt gamers angry about the fact that the main playable characters are female and some of them are openly gay. 

It led to a great deal of negative attention from online trolls. The game itself is bloody amazing, but not as good as the original. The original still had a far better story overall. The gameplay of both games is pretty generic, it's the amazing graphics and story that carry them.

The problem is not an appearance women as a main character and not in openly gay characters. Most of players really angry because of Sony try to gain public approval by creating such characters, because some group of people will make a mess because of these characters absence.

well TLOU II i finished on the medium difficulty, and, well, i got lost in the story. Got lost in two ways, one i couldn't keep up and the other i went to rewind in the cut scenes as i missed stuff and was in so deep i thought i was watching a movie. Maybe another play through on a harder level. I noticed a stack of cheats got unlocked that would help heaps but that defeats the purpose of playing on a harder level, it's supposed to be more difficult. I felt in the end it's a shame all couldn't just get along, bit like life in general. I had no idea Ellie wanted to die to 'mean something', like to be remembered. Anyway, it wasn't that good that Assassins Creed wasn't getting loaded into the Xbox next.

I like open world games like Skyrim and Fallout so Assassins Creed Origins is similar, and i like the history of Egypt.