Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLL - Game 3 ~ Track & Field (closes 19-Dec)

3 hours ago, FlyHec said:

Been about 3 years since I've been on these forums. Track & Field is back so here I am. LOL. 

MASH AWAY! 

Fly

You've been away too long. It must be the good weather in California that's all year round. Even in winter it's great there. 

Day 1 of 24 ...

The track meet so far, the early morning heats ...

IOPwEoU.png

A very fun game.

12 hours ago, Wan1993 said:

Foul! 😀 I remember playing the Nes version with my dad when I was a kid.

I had never played the original arcade version and I don't know how to jump correctly here. Any tips? 🚦

oiii.jpg

That image you posted is either the PlayChoice version or the NES version.  We are playing on the original arcade version for this event. 

For best results on long jump you want a 42 degree angle. 80 degrees means you held the jump button too long. Release sooner for a lower angle.  You also get a speed/distance boost if you jump off of the white line. Faster running and correct angle are the most important things. 

Happy jumping!

• Thanks 2

0005.png.bd3cd9ad1947bdbaa6c6934dc92ee9c7.png

I had a different problem with the long jump.  I thought buttons 1 and 2 were 'run' and you had to mash them both.  So my dude would always jump way too early and not even get to the landing pit 😵  But now I know button 2 is JUMP/ACTION (pic of control panel at www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/6151/the-man-who-helped-change-tetris-by-playing-track-field/25 )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember when this and Hyper Sports came out. This was way before Street Fighter and other 2 players at a time was a thing. 
Very popular game and along with Warlords- one of the few I would love to have in a tabletop. 

When out of quarters, I would head home to play Summer Games and HESGames on the Commodore 64. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BandontheRun said:

I remember when this and Hyper Sports came out. This was way before Street Fighter and other 2 players at a time was a thing. 
Very popular game and along with Warlords- one of the few I would love to have in a tabletop. 

When out of quarters, I would head home to play Summer Games and HESGames on the Commodore 64. 

When Track & Field came out, it was a huge hit for Konami. Finally we had an athletics game with excellent graphics, a terrific game engine, great controls, and a lot of fun.  There were many tournaments held for this game, in the 80s, and much later. Someone was there for the much later. Maybe he can tell us what it was like, his scores, and who won? ...

track_and_field_7.jpg.9f01ce0c8dcbd260c6e7d9936e3635da.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FlyHec said:

Essa imagem que você postou é a versão PlayChoice ou a versão NES. Estamos jogando na versão arcade original para este evento. 

Para obter melhores resultados no salto em distância, você deseja um ângulo de 42 graus. 80 graus significa que você segurou o botão de pular por muito tempo. Solte mais cedo para um ângulo mais baixo. Você também obtém um aumento de velocidade / distância se pular da linha branca. Corrida mais rápida e ângulo correto são as coisas mais importantes. 

Salto feliz!

Thank you for the tips! I played the play choice version without realizing it.

I will play the correct version now. I found it strange so many game options. lol

18 hours ago, Ace1942 said:

Thanks for the tip! I will read about. 

• Like 3

0006.png.8c64252288b5ea26a1230b04168d0e90.png

Now trying to get over the High Jump.  I'm sure a destroyed a few joysticks back on the day playing Summer Games on the C64.  I seem to recall there was a Summer Games II and Winter Games that had less bang-bang-bang on the stick.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FlyHec said:

I hope to put up at least 93,000. 91 is embarrassing.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1218188061

Well I Iiked the Twitch action. It's a first starting score. Things can only get better from here ... 🏃‍♂️  

2 hours ago, Rev said:

0006.png.8c64252288b5ea26a1230b04168d0e90.png

Now trying to get over the High Jump.  I'm sure a destroyed a few joysticks back on the day playing Summer Games on the C64.  I seem to recall there was a Summer Games II and Winter Games that had less bang-bang-bang on the stick.

LOL. When I was at the arcades when this game was released, I had to ask the tech guy to fix the buttons every so often. The gamers made such a racket with those plastic tools, you could hear them all over the arcade, and ruined the buttons. And sometimes the tech guy said it's fixed, and they weren't ... 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wan1993 said:

Now I'm playing the right version. 😀
 Amazing arcade quality.  

The arcade version had the best graphics and game engine from the 70s, till maybe the end of the 80s. When I saw the Atari consoles and all the rest like them, I couldn't play them, especially with the arcade bringing out new high tech titles. 

• Like 1