Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLL - Game 3 ~ Track & Field (closes 19-Dec)

How high can you jump? ...

MGLL - Game 3 ~ Track & Field

Nominated by gamer: @ZNC

ROMSet: TrackFld

vzx1zTE.jpg

Game Story:

Compete against other players in various Olympic events. Press the buttons as fast as possible to run faster. Use the action button to throw, jump, etc.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 19-Dec-2021, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played on the arcade machine. You must ensure the game is at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

Tool usage of any kind to assist in game control is not permitted. Only fingers on buttons are allowed.

The buttons must be used for running, not the joystick. No mouse, no gloves and no joystick can be used for running.

Please note the After Last Event Setting is Game Over.

GAME 3 ... Athletics meet ... 

K0JVg0M.jpg

• Thanks 2

Hi everyone, just posting this again to be sure. I remember at the arcades in the 80s, gamers used to bring hard plastic coin holders, and then move them crazily over the buttons for more speed. It destroyed the buttons and ruined the game for others.

Tool usage of any kind to assist in game control is not permitted. Only fingers on buttons are allowed.

The buttons must be used for running, not the joystick. No mouse, no gloves and no joystick can be used for running.

😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, OOO said:

Hi everyone, just posting this again to be sure we're all playing properly. I remember at the arcades in the 80s, gamers used to bring hard plastic coin holders, and then move them crazily over the buttons for more speed. It destroyed the buttons and ruined the game for others.

😆

Noted...no Bic lighter, only frenzied finger mashing 😆

Edited by Ace1942
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Ace1942 said:

Noted...no Bic lighter, only frenzied finger mashing 😆

Spot on.

I forgot the Bic lighter, they used that on T&F and Hypersports in the arcades as well. And even further back than the 80s ...

Flick your Bic ... Vkf7Vke.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherRat said:

I think this game was in the last MGL I participated in. Always loved playing this, not sure if I'll find time for a game but I'll try.

Let me read this right. You can't find time for love.

I suggest that maybe you should enjoy life more, and do what you love. That includes playing this game right now ... LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Too old, too slow. Getting this one out of the way 1st off. May come back to it later but without a joystick to waggle on this game I'm screwed. 

For those who care about stats:

100M: 10.64

Long Jump: 7.45

Javelin: 73.82

110M Hurdles: 13.87 (way to slow)

Hammer Throw: 95.43 (the only halfway decent event in this run)

High Jump: 2.42

Not much to see here really 

0000.png

0001.png

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, RMacauley said:

Too old, too slow. Getting this one out of the way 1st off. May come back to it later but without a joystick to waggle on this game I'm screwed. 

For those who care about stats:

100M: 10.64

Long Jump: 7.45

Javelin: 73.82

110M Hurdles: 13.87 (way to slow)

Hammer Throw: 95.43 (the only halfway decent event in this run)

High Jump: 2.42

Not much to see here really 

0000.png

0001.png

I like all of your stats. But come on, too old too slow? Since when?

How'd you beat so many of your old TG scores recently, with better scores? 

More like the older you get, the better (and wiser you get). Yes you are wise guy Robert ... 😆

5 minutes ago, OOO said:

I like all of your stats. But come on, too old too slow? Since when?

How'd you beat so many of your old TG scores recently, with better scores? 

More like the older you get, the better (and wiser you get). Yes you are wise guy Robert ... 😆

Since the fingers stopped moving as fast as they used to. That's when. 😁

Some of those old TG scores were a lot easier to beat than others. Then there's some that I've been grinding away at for weeks now on and off with no success. I'll keep at it with them when I can and the same applies with this game. For what it's worth I've got an 80K+ score over there from an old MAME Decathlon that needs to be beaten.

Older but wiser? In my case sometimes it's more like Older Budweiser 🍺

• Haha 1

1834686893_SMK_trackfld_71110_wolf106.png.2fd9ec82e2580be00a8102775518fbe0.png

Will have to break out my Hotrod for this one. Arcade buttons is much better than tiny keyboard buttons. lol Should be able to get in the high 80k range. Possibly low 90's if I push myself.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

Thought I would post something to show I'm still alive.

63,260.png

Excellent to see you gaming again. As you are a former MGL Champion, I was sure you were still playing. Good stuff and a good starting score!