IGNORED

VPGL 20 - Game 8 - Catcus Canyon - Closed

JustAnotherRat

On 26/11/2021 at 5:45 AM, JustAnotherRat said:

Game on... who will be there at high noon and who will take the mother lode?

I can tell that you're a player from this one.  You like a bit of Cactus Canyon JAR?

On 03/12/2021 at 8:41 PM, RusstyT said:

134,455,810 my machine is set to 5 balls. This is my 3 ball score as I trapped at the start of 4. Interesting process. I can’t work out how to set it to 3. 

Hi Russ, the 5 ball setting will be a ROM setting.  You can edit the ROM settings.  I cant remember how but there is info about.  If you cant figure out how to edit the ROM you could always delete it and download it again

• Like 1

On 04/12/2021 at 12:44 PM, legin said:

I assume we are not playing the P-Roc version but for those who do want to try it I have it setup and can help with files/setup etc.

Correct. Not playing the P-Roc version. I actually enjoy it, Cactus Canyon Continued, more than the original but choose not to have it as the competition table due to a number of people having problems with the installation. P-Roc is well worth the installation.

Following the procedure shared by Crakkers will be a solution. Another option (if you don't have other information for that game you want to keep like high scores, settings etc) you can just delete the NVRAM that has the same name as the ROM. When you relaunch the game it'll create a new NVRAM file and have all of the default settings. You could also rename the NVRAM file to something else, let it create a default one for this competition and then delete the new one and rename the old one back to how and you'll be as you were before the comp.

After typing that out I feel the process that Crakkers offered is probably the easier solution 😄

• Like 1

Just had the best game…wet day up here so no bricklaying just some pinball…

the misses hasn’t played this yet but with my pisser score she just lowered here head and said F—— me….

373,070,870 had 3 extra balls and high noon twice…no idea what to do and that was only my 3rd game …

done with this one EDC43765-61A9-4CA8-9DE7-A4654043447F.thumb.jpeg.c78905acac45031421fa9fa2da233108.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mozzie1 said:

Just had the best game…wet day up here so no bricklaying just some pinball…

the misses hasn’t played this yet but with my pisser score she just lowered here head and said F—— me….

373,070,870 had 3 extra balls and high noon twice…no idea what to do and that was only my 3rd game …

done with this one 

That puts you on top mate.  Cracking score, tough to beat that

• Like 2

Thanks Crakkers and JAR. Really handy hints. I never new that trick about deleting the nvram and totally forgot about how I accessed the game menu in DMD tables. Sometime back I got into the game menu and adjusted the No of balls. I used to think it was really mean that there were only 3 balls a game. What a ripoff! Still do actually..... and now I own my own machine.....Wellll. go me.😂

Edited by RusstyT

On 06/12/2021 at 9:22 AM, JustAnotherRat said:

Correct. Not playing the P-Roc version. I actually enjoy it, Cactus Canyon Continued, more than the original but choose not to have it as the competition table due to a number of people having problems with the installation. P-Roc is well worth the installation.

JAR, VPWorkshop recently released CC continued that's available on VP universe. The original was done by Ninninzu and Tom Tower when this version is a tarted up version of that. It has lots of gameplay rewards when you collect the bounty. Is there any advantage downloading PROC when this is available?

Edited by RusstyT
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, RusstyT said:

JAR, VPWorkshop recently released CC continued that's available on VP universe. The original was done by Ninninzu and Tom Tower when this version is a tarted up version of that. It has lots of gameplay rewards when you collect the bounty. Is there any advantage downloading PROC when this is available?

CC and CCC have exactly the same playfield (some people will argue and tell you that they have different colour guns etc. but the playfield itself is the same).

The rules of CC are exactly as it was made and sold.

CCC has modified rules (mostly the same but) with extra modes such as Drunk Multiball and Cowboys Vs Aliens.

In my mind, CCC is worth the effort.

• Like 1