Jump to content
IGNORED

VPGL 20 - Game 8 - Catcus Canyon - Closed


JustAnotherRat
 Share

Recommended Posts

GAME 3.... And we're bounty hunting...

VPGL 20 - Game 8 ~ Cactus Canyon

Nominated by VPGL legend RusstyT

image.jpeg.e84e358622630d6f82e478f91ed300dd.jpeg

Cactus Canyon was released by Midway in 1998 and is a Dot Matrix Display pinball machine

Design by:     Tom Kopera, Matt Coriale
Art by:     John Youssi
Dots/Animation by:     Adam Rhine, Jim Raff
Mechanics by:     Louis Toy
Music by:     Rob Berry
Sound by:     Rob Berry

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/6267-cactus-canyon-continued-bally-1998-vpw-mod/

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/5347-new-b2s-alert-cactus-canyon-bally-1998directb2szip/

The ROM can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1257

 

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 12 December 2021, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will be there at high noon and who will take the mother lode?

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a very cool cinematic alt sound for this game on VP Universe by idigstuff. Once again thanks JAR for keeping this fine show on the road. Just awesome! Whoever wins this one is going to be playing a long long flipper snappin tootin game. PC players prepare to get saddle sore. I’ve gotta get my trusty stead out and save Polly from the train. Yehah!

Edited by RusstyT
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, RusstyT said:

There is a very cool cinematic alt sound for this game on VP Universe by idigstuff. Once again thanks JAR for keeping this fine show on the road. Just awesome! Whoever wins this one is going to be playing a long long flipper snappin tootin game. PC players prepare to get saddle sore. I’ve gotta get my trusty stead out and save Polly from the train. Yehah!

I enjoy this game... If I get a chance to visit my sister I might put up a score on her mini cab.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

88,836,980

pr7mgVMOzs1cDJb03Pq1aplB4ZGbRJ98wr6tccwvGmcUA_8TdoX8z-ZlJUexFQuVp8FhFK-T_u3lh3-t9JY1ZKxNkGiXl1RpSgNBGI4GYtgjE3Z2roYPD5xeqjCr8czHi1dh3WEwXSIGbqRMAptZD8yT7F2ss2C7QIP8OMEvdfDVr5Icyh0-T7qLRe1Z4ABgcBQU66QX2PkiEHnEEEkb9KGDxhvxMxjfyC-ygqJkTGPpsJojkKlMdV7KlKswqn0fwvQrnLiJMiH4ob9xxGhbqrOv4Ut5oDkI5W0qVloBSm9hHTqkWT2d386Zmw0o0-jX4nvpIK4DfhvlBhDPxV4e-PuaK9GmhKyK0YbLt6R4RLqVWMDiPeefr46wOlEmyi4T_Z7OGi2C92RJsGcYrq6slFB1vC-0YJqowaWwxiQwBbGC-pgYoMdmUzTjxc6FuC5JsmaeFv000L6l53V15gwzSWEIM42llbaok4AtBgVDv_3PkTk_beZ9ykOU15_-BXnuIeZNym6RleGeerpMb3c3xecWXocclva78bB4k2CNHao320OXTc5aNmJ_mObaBmAkOTM7ZWLrVIRy__vI1z4TnZChdDQW60YwCFwMNm9qRwzIOxHaJlHrWIgncIttCSFzowjf-5t0jfGqLNI0Hv310aJ7BIb9uNA_Xz5l2NQi9zobbHQizduY8lRVXYhlAzfnOEuZnn-QOGJvnCnpFloW3hSS=w523-h929-no?authuser=0

I haven't played in a long time and couldn't remember how to start Stampede or this score could have been decent. As it stands, it's just something for people to beat.

I had a few games and two of those I couldn't light Stampede. The other one I scored less but had Marshall lit but scored less overall. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, JustAnotherRat said:


I haven't played in a long time and couldn't remember how to start Stampede or this score could have been decent. As it stands, it's just something for people to beat.

I had a few games and two of those I couldn't light Stampede. The other one I scored less but had Marshall lit but scored less overall. 

Solid effort JAR. Better than my previous best efforts. For some reason your picture didn't post. All good. I trust you mate just glad you got a game in.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, RusstyT said:

Solid effort JAR. Better than my previous best efforts. For some reason your picture didn't post. All good. I trust you mate just glad you got a game in.

It's weird that you can see it. It's showing for me. Can others see it?

I'll upload it differently in this post and see how that appears.

 

 

 

ccc.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/11/2021 at 4:45 PM, JustAnotherRat said:

GAME 3.... And we're bounty hunting...

VPGL 20 - Game 8 ~ Cactus Canyon

Nominated by VPGL legend RusstyT

image.jpeg.e84e358622630d6f82e478f91ed300dd.jpeg

Cactus Canyon was released by Midway in 1998 and is a Dot Matrix Display pinball machine

Design by:     Tom Kopera, Matt Coriale
Art by:     John Youssi
Dots/Animation by:     Adam Rhine, Jim Raff
Mechanics by:     Louis Toy
Music by:     Rob Berry
Sound by:     Rob Berry

The VPX file can be downloaded here:

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/6267-cactus-canyon-continued-bally-1998-vpw-mod/

The B2S can be downloaded here:

https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/5347-new-b2s-alert-cactus-canyon-bally-1998directb2szip/

The ROM can be downloaded here:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1257

 

Downloads linked are just suggestions, you can play on any VPX version or the table as long as it is the same rule set (IE Pro, LE etc.). You can let us know what version you are playing and why you play that one in the thread if you like,

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a photo or screen shot showing your score. This game finishes Sunday 12 December 2021, Midnight pm Sydney time.

This game is set to 3 ball as default and that is what we'll play for this competition.

No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game.

Game on... who will be there at high noon and who will take the mother lode?

 

I didn't play this one yet, that 25M score is vtdmame's

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, legin said:

I assume we are not playing the P-Roc version but for those who do want to try it I have it setup and can help with files/setup etc.

I’ll have a go thanks legin. Very kind offer

Edited by RusstyT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RusstyT said:

I’ll have a go thanks legin. Very kind offer

Here you go mate.  Have a crack at installing .  It can break a few hearts installing this but I didn't have too many problems

The Installer is on the google drive, instructions on the PDF

CCC_tutorial_eng3.pdf

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1cXfejxTE7Ju9bZtEPl1jOV2rtZvbEwoi

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vQsLQtyyy3TTd13n8IgfQRkm0rFeB0M8/view?usp=sharing

PDF file link.  I dont think the other one worked

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...