IGNORED

MGLL - ARCADE FINALS - WORLD COMPETITION

OOO

Hi Gamers,

It's taken 16 years to get here. With 481 games played by over 1,500 gamers since 2006, welcome to MGL50 - ARCADE FINALS. All gamers worldwide are welcome to play. You can join in at any time.

Please watch the trailer above for the official tournament launch with important competition details.

Competition:

The gamer with the most points in this tournament will be the MGL50 champion. There will be 11 games played over 8 weeks, competing world wide on the most challenging and toughest video games of all time. 3 games will be released at the start. Then 2 games 2 weeks later, 1 game 1 week later, 2 games 2 weeks later, 1 game 1 week later, and 2 games the following week for the finale. Games are only open for 17 days each, so gamers must play their best in that time and post their scores before the game is closed. At the end of each MGL, points will be accumulated for each gamer toward the World Championship of eSports Scoreboard. The highest score after the four MGLs are completed will be the undisputed World Champion of eSports for 2021.

Prizes:

The winner of MGL50 will win 50 USD in Prize Money. 

There will be 2 sets of Mystery Prizes for 2 gamers.

Normally there is only 1 mystery prize winner, however since this is a special 50th event, double the prizes will be won. Every gamer that plays all of the games has the chance to win the mystery prize. So if there are 11 games and you play and submit for all 11, then if you are drawn from the pool of qualifiers, then you will win the prizes. Whether you finish in the top half or the lower half in the tournament, you still have a chance to win. Prizes will be cash and/or arcade memorabilia. In MGL50, the mystery prize will be 2 sets of 9 x mystery prizes. That’s 18 prizes for 2 people.

Points system:

The incremental points system will be used for each game. 1st place will earn 100 points, 2nd place 99 points, 3rd place 98 points and so on. All gamers will earn competition points for their scores. If there is a tie on the overall scoreboard, then a head to head game win count will be used to determine the final placings. For example, if two players tie for 18th place in the world, then whoever has scored higher per game on a head to head basis will earn 18th place and the other gamer will earn 19th place. If there is a tie also on head to head game count, the gamer who has the highest accumulated game score points will be the winner.

Games:

Games are nominated by the competitors and sent by PM to the Gamemaster. Games must be selected from 1976 to 1996, where trackball, steering wheel and dual stick games can be nominated. The number of games that can be nominated by each competitor in MGL49 is in the trailer. The games to be played in the competition will be randomly drawn from the pool of nominations. Only unique games will be in the pool, as duplications of nominations will not be placed in the pool. The order of game play will be determined by the Gamemaster and each game will be released weekly for competition.

If you would like to nominate games and have a say in what is played, please send them by private message (PM) to OOO by midnight Sydney time on Wednesday November 24th. The number of games you can nominate is in the trailer. The first 3 games will commence on Friday November 26th.

All games from MGL46 to MGL49 are excluded from MGL50. These games cannot be nominated:

Amidar (Stern)
Andro Dunos
Anteater
Bagman
Blasteroids
Blood Bros.
BurgerTime
Canyon Bomber
Centipede
Circus Charlie
Dangerous Dungeons
Demon's World
Dig Dug
Elevator Action
Fantasy Zone
Flashgal
Frogger
Ghosts 'n Goblins
I'm Sorry
Intrepid
Jump Bug
Lasso
Lode Runner IV
Mat Mania
Mr. Do!
Psychic 5
Rally Bike
Rally-X
Rampage
Return Of The Invaders
Robotron
Rootin Tootin
Rygar
Sinbad Mystery
Sunset Riders
Swimmer
Tapper
The Amazing Adventures of Mr. F. Lea
Tinkle Pit
Venture
Vs. Excitebike
Wild West C.O.W. Boys of Moo Mesa
Zoo Keeper

Settings:

The game settings will be posted in each game thread and gamers must ensure they compete on these settings only. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing allowed. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of inp files from save states. No cheats allowed.

Any WolfMAME version can be used. Only the version 0.106 ROM set will be posted for each game and the equivalent for other MAME versions can be used.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

Submissions:

Gamers are to post a screenshot/photo showing their score with initials in the game thread. Games are only open for 17 days and any score submissions made after the game is closed by the Gamemaster will not be accepted. Scores at aussiearcade.com will be combined with scores from twingalaxies.com to form the World Championship scoreboard.

Gamers:

Professional and casual gamers can play all or just some of the games. Gamers do not need to nominate games to play, they can play any game during the tournament. Streaming games and posting/sharing tips are encouraged, as is friendly banter in the gaming community. Striving for PBs, learning and playing the best you can are all highly encouraged. As all members at AA are registered, there is no additional registration process for the championships.

Good gaming and good luck to all competitors.

OOO

tvIQJBf.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Noms are in.  I plan to have my Arcade1up Tron at some point during this MGL which is likely to be a distraction for me. 

@OOO
I didn’t get a message about the kick-off of this MGL like I usually do. I just happened to go to aussiearcade and saw it. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BandontheRun said:

Noms are in.  I plan to have my Arcade1up Tron at some point during this MGL which is likely to be a distraction for me. 

@OOO
I didn’t get a message about the kick-off of this MGL like I usually do. I just happened to go to aussiearcade and saw it. 

That Tron machine looks good, but did you check whether the dial goes up and down for DOT?

I haven't had a chance to message the tournament yet. I'm very busy with the final setup of this MGL, all the noms, all the merch. orders,  ... and loving it (Copyright Maxwell Smart) ... 🙈

Tomorrow will be the marketing day for AA and TG.    

• Like 4

Nominations have started to roll in. Thanks to those gamers who have provided their list. Some games I have never heard of are in the pool. Make a splash and send me your favourite games ... there's plenty to choose from ...

It's almost game time, The Big Dookeroo - MGL50 ... 🕹️ 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, OOO said:

That Tron machine looks good, but did you check whether the dial goes up and down for DOT?

I haven't had a chance to message the tournament yet. I'm very busy with the final setup of this MGL, all the noms, all the merch. orders,  ... and loving it (Copyright Maxwell Smart) ... 🙈

Tomorrow will be the marketing day for AA and TG.    

It looks like the spinner does go up and down. I’ll post a review over the holidays. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pessimeister said:

A fun video which amplifies the MGL vibes with the additional date factoids. Love it! Even Sonic's smile looks gritty and competitive. 😉 

I've got my nominations in - all games that I've never played before in the MGL. Hellooooo friday. 

I tried to capture a piece of MGL history with other world sporting events, for every year in the existence of the MGL. That's 16 years of a lot of gaming. I enjoyed making the trailer, and maybe the table tennis marathon point and the snowboarding jumps are my faves. The comeback by the Patriots at 3-28 with little time to go was unbelievable. How about the motoGP win on that corner? And how about the MGL, with 16 years of gamer glory!

Game On! 

img%5D  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, OOO said:

Nominations have started to roll in. Thanks to those gamers who have provided their list. Some games I have never heard of are in the pool. Make a splash and send me your favourite games ... there's plenty to choose from ...

It's almost game time, The Big Dookeroo - MGL50 ... 🕹️ 

Happy Mood GIF by HBO Max

• Haha 4

Hey OOO

Just wanted to say super-kudos to you for organising FIFTY of these things, and doing so with such gusto, enthusiasm and positivity! 

I haven't always been great at participating in these contests as life always seems to intervene 😞 But I'll make an effort to have a crack at all the games in this one.

Again - thanks for the time and effort over 16 years!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, QAOP Spaceman said:

Hey OOO

Just wanted to say super-kudos to you for organising FIFTY of these things, and doing so with such gusto, enthusiasm and positivity! 

I haven't always been great at participating in these contests as life always seems to intervene 😞 But I'll make an effort to have a crack at all the games in this one.

Again - thanks for the time and effort over 16 years!

Thanks for your feedback.

I have been the gamemaster since 2013, and will have run 30 x MGL tournaments as at the end of MGL50. There were some great people running and playing the tournaments before me. I have enjoyed growing and improving the competition over the last 8 years, and the best part is the great people and personalities we have for gamers in the competition. For example, you are from Spain, and we have had gamers from over 19 countries play in the tournaments. (I even had the winning goal in extra time when Spain won the World Cup 2010 in the MGL50 promo video ... LOL)

There a lot of people who can only play a few games in the MGL, and that's OK. Whatever you are happy with is fine. However MGL50 is the one many will try to win, maybe try to win one game, and everyone can enjoy in the 11 games to be played. It's taken 16 years to get here, and there's plenty of gamers to meet, and plenty of prizes in the competition. I hope you enjoy the tournament.

• Like 2

On 19/11/2021 at 20:40, OOO said:

Olá jogadores,

Demorou 16 anos para chegar aqui. Com 481 jogos jogados por mais de 1.500 jogadores desde 2006, bem-vindo ao MGL50 - ARCADE FINALS . Todos os jogadores de todo o mundo podem jogar. Você pode entrar a qualquer momento.

Por favor, assista ao trailer acima para ver o lançamento oficial do torneio com detalhes importantes da competição.

Concorrência:

O jogador com mais pontos neste torneio será o campeão MGL50. Serão 11 jogos disputados ao longo de 8 semanas, competindo em todo o mundo nos videogames mais desafiadores e difíceis de todos os tempos. 3 jogos serão lançados no início. Em seguida, 2 jogos 2 semanas depois, 1 jogo 1 semana depois, 2 jogos 2 semanas depois, 1 jogo 1 semana depois e 2 jogos na semana seguinte para o final. Os jogos estão abertos apenas por 17 dias cada, então os jogadores devem jogar o seu melhor nesse período e postar suas pontuações antes do jogo ser encerrado. No final de cada MGL, os pontos serão acumulados para cada jogador para o placar do Campeonato Mundial de eSports. A pontuação mais alta após a conclusão dos quatro MGLs será o campeão mundial indiscutível de eSports em 2021.

Prêmios:

O vencedor do MGL50 receberá 50 dólares em prêmios em dinheiro. 

Haverá 2 conjuntos de prêmios misteriosos para 2 jogadores.

Normalmente, há apenas 1 vencedor do prêmio misterioso, no entanto, como este é um 50º evento especial , o dobro dos prêmios será ganho. Cada jogador que joga todos os jogos tem a chance de ganhar o prêmio misterioso. Portanto, se houver 11 jogos e você jogar e se inscrever em todos os 11, se for sorteado no pool de eliminatórias, você ganhará os prêmios. Se você terminar na metade superior ou na metade inferior do torneio, você ainda tem uma chance de ganhar. Os prêmios serão em dinheiro e / ou memorabilia de fliperama. No MGL50, o prêmio misterioso será 2 conjuntos de 9 x prêmios misteriosos . São 18 prêmios para 2 pessoas.

Sistema de pontos:

O sistema de pontos incrementais será usado para cada jogo. O 1º lugar ganhará 100 pontos, o 2º lugar 99 pontos, o 3º lugar 98 pontos e assim por diante. Todos os jogadores ganharão pontos de competição por suas pontuações. Se houver um empate no placar geral, uma contagem de vitórias em jogos frente a frente será usada para determinar as colocações finais. Por exemplo, se dois jogadores empatam em 18º lugar no mundo, então quem tiver pontuado mais alto por jogo no confronto direto ganhará o 18º lugar e o outro jogador ganhará o 19º lugar. Se houver empate também na contagem de jogos frente a frente, o jogador que tiver a maior pontuação acumulada em jogos será o vencedor.

Jogos:

Os jogos são nomeados pelos competidores e enviados pelo PM ao Gamemaster. Os jogos devem ser selecionados de 1976 a 1996 , onde jogos de trackball, volante e dual stick podem ser nomeados . O número de jogos que podem ser nomeados por cada competidor no MGL49 está no trailer. Os jogos a serem disputados na competição serão sorteados aleatoriamente do conjunto de nomeações. Apenas jogos exclusivos estarão no pool, já que duplicações de nomeações não serão colocadas no pool. A ordem do jogo será determinada pelo Gamemaster e cada jogo será lançado semanalmente para a competição.

Se você gostaria de nomear jogos e ter uma opinião sobre o que é jogado, envie-os por mensagem privada (PM) para OOO à meia-noite, horário de Sydney, na quarta-feira, 24 de novembro. O número de jogos que você pode nomear está no trailer. Os primeiros 3 jogos começarão na sexta-feira, 26 de novembro.

Todos os jogos de MGL46 a MGL49 são excluídos do MGL50. Estes jogos não podem ser nomeados:

Amidar (Stern)
Andro Dunos
Tamanduá
Bagman
Blasteroids
Blood Bros.
BurgerTime
Canyon Bombardeiro
Centopéia
Circo Charlie
Dangerous Dungeons
World Demon's
Dig Dug
Elevador Ação
Fantasy Zone
Flashgal
Frogger
Fantasmas n Goblins
Desculpe
Intrépido
Jump Bug
Lasso
Lode Runner IV
Mat Mania
Mr. Do !
Psychic 5
Rally Bike
Rally-X
Rampage O
Retorno dos Invasores
Robotron
Rootin Tootin
Rygar
Sinbad Mystery
Sunset Riders
Swimmer
Tapper
As incríveis aventuras do Sr. F. Lea
Tinkle Pit
Venture
Vs. Excitebike
Wild West COW Boys de Moo Mesa
Zoo Keeper

Definições:

As configurações do jogo serão publicadas em cada tópico do jogo e os jogadores devem garantir que competirão apenas nessas configurações. Nenhuma continuação é permitida ao enviar uma pontuação e deve ser jogada desde o início do jogo. Sem pausa permitida. Não é permitido fogo automático. Sem costura de arquivos inp de estados salvos. Não são permitidos trapaças.

Qualquer versão do WolfMAME pode ser usada. Apenas o conjunto de ROM da versão 0.106 será postado para cada jogo e o equivalente para outras versões do MAME pode ser usado.

Os jogos podem ser jogados no fliperama. Você deve garantir que o operador de arcade tenha o jogo nas configurações do jogo MGL para que o envio seja válido.

Inscrições:

Os jogadores devem postar uma captura de tela / foto mostrando sua pontuação com as iniciais no tópico do jogo. Os jogos estão abertos apenas por 17 dias e quaisquer envios de pontuação feitos após o jogo ser encerrado pelo Gamemaster não serão aceitos. As pontuações em aussiearcade.com serão combinadas com as pontuações de twingalaxies.com para formar o placar do Campeonato Mundial.

Jogadores:

Os jogadores profissionais e casuais podem jogar todos ou apenas alguns dos jogos. Os jogadores não precisam indicar jogos para jogar, eles podem jogar qualquer jogo durante o torneio. Streaming de jogos e dicas de postagem / compartilhamento são incentivados, assim como brincadeiras amigáveis na comunidade de jogos. Esforçar-se por PBs, aprender e jogar o melhor que puder são altamente encorajados. Como todos os membros de AA são registrados, não há processo de registro adicional para os campeonatos.

Bom jogo e boa sorte a todos os competidores.

OOO

tvIQJBf.png

Wow 16 years of pure MGL! That's great!
I'm happy to have known the Aussie Arcade and to have participated in some MGL.

I didn't participate for a while because of other competitions, but I want to participate in this final. I'll write on the phone calendar so I don't miss it.

I loved the trailer! OOO always makes a magnificent edit. 🕹

• Like 2