IGNORED

C120 coin installation in SS Pinball machine

Muzac

Question

Hi again,

I’m continuing my coin mech journey and now that I’ve found one I’m unsure what to do next! I’ve installed analog ones before but this electronic mech has got me stumped.

Basically I’ve bought a C120 coin mech and after a bit of re-modelling have managed to successfully fit it into the coin door of my Williams Cyclone. It is “pinball programmed” for $2, $1 and 20c.

I was given a ribbon cable with it but I really have no idea how to wire it up to power it and recognise the different denominations etc.

I’m wondering if I need a credit board or the like?

Any help would be great. Cheers!

ED5962A2-7BDD-4E3E-8319-7CF3941E738D.jpeg

892B5FD5-0AA3-4E1D-AB84-068D42407173.jpeg

4D493A39-2EAF-485C-B515-6AFCEE075172.jpeg

A761945C-C414-46A8-8DD3-81C97863674C.jpeg

6 answers to this question

Mechanical coin mechanisms were wired into the switch matrix directly. An electronic mech like yours will need power and a way to interface with the CPU. So, you'll need an interface (credit) board. 

15 hours ago, ocyen said:

Mechanical coin mechanisms were wired into the switch matrix directly. An electronic mech like yours will need power and a way to interface with the CPU. So, you'll need an interface (credit) board. 

Thanks  @ocyenmy good man! I had a feeling there was a missing piece to the puzzle. I’ll follow that logic and see if I can find one. Cheers!

Hi again peeps,

I’m having quite a difficult time finding a credit board, they aren’t readily available (even from Marco!).

I found this though, it apparently works with my C120 coin mech but can anyone advise if it will be compatible with the Williams System 11B board set?

https://www.arcade-game-sales.com/arcade-parts/credit-boards-coin-interface-pcbs/arcade-credit-board-universal-mk4e/16570-2.html

Cheers! 

These are what we used for everything including pinballs. Anyone intersted in how to wire and use these things, I would suggest bookmarking this as his data is outstanding as you would expect considering he designed it all and made better credit boards than those used originally in machines like TMNT.

The industry owes this guy a lot for what he did regarding collecting coins in amusement machines. Glad to see he still does it.

http://www.sunrisemicro.com.au/

Highly recommended from someone that wired 100s of his products and his an Aussie to boot.

• Like 2

On 22/11/2021 at 12:52 AM, Autosteve said:

These are what we used for everything including pinballs. Anyone intersted in how to wire and use these things, I would suggest bookmarking this as his data is outstanding as you would expect considering he designed it all and made better credit boards than those used originally in machines like TMNT.

The industry owes this guy a lot for what he did regarding collecting coins in amusement machines. Glad to see he still does it.

http://www.sunrisemicro.com.au/

Highly recommended from someone that wired 100s of his products and his an Aussie to boot.

You are a legend @Autosteve really appreciate the tip. I’ve contacted them and will update this thread when I get a response. Cheers!

37 minutes ago, Muzac said:

You are a legend @Autosteve really appreciate the tip. I’ve contacted them and will update this thread when I get a response. Cheers!

Nigel worked at LAI before going out on his own I believe. He designs some great credit boards and improved a hell of a lot of poor designs by others to. Do me a favour and ask him if he started at Goddards. There was a board tech there that was named Nigel but he looks younger than that time line would allow but you never know. If he did, that was where I first met him otherwise it was LAI.

That site I linked to has pretty much all the credit boards found in LAI machines, how to use the and wire them. The AMF boards he made are virtually the same but except tokens as well.