Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Bulk lot of candy cabs for sale in china

13 minutes ago, dzhay1981 said:

I do not understand the point in importing astro city cabs.  Legit, they're going to be crusty as and they're fairly easy to get locally - and almost certainly cheaper, and probably 240v, and you can test them.

I'd be wanting to get them cheap. They'd be bought as non working as far as I'm concerned.

As far as them being fairly easy to get, that hasn't been my experience.

37 minutes ago, dzhay1981 said:

I do not understand the point in importing astro city cabs.  Legit, they're going to be crusty as and they're fairly easy to get locally - and almost certainly cheaper, and probably 240v, and you can test them.

Haven’t seen an Astro locally in Brissy for a very long time, and any that turn up interstate seem to be gone in minutes/hours. 

Why people want them so much? Astro Cities are classic Candy cabs, maybe the best. Easy to get parts for, reliable, relatively “cheap” in the scheme of things these days and an excellent picture quality. The things that matter for gameplay really.

I know you’re into the more obscure cabs or unique stuff Japan have for export, but if you’re not going for that. You truly can’t beat the Astro for reliability/spare parts/iconic candy status. It’s like a Lamborghini owner saying “I do not understand the point in importing Toyota cars”. 

Edited by djsheep

I understand the desire for the cab, don't get me wrong.  Awesome cabs; I'd have a few if I could.  Each to their own and all that anyway.  If you bring in a container it will also probably be cheaper.  Not trying to be a dick, just querying whether they'll actually be cheaper. 

• Like 1

The biggest issue of that lot is buying sight unseen. After hearing so many horror stories from people importing cabs, I’d never buy one without seeing it myself in the flesh or it coming from someone in the hobby who actually plays ‘em and doesn’t just flip ‘em. 

At least buying from Japan, you’re generally given amazing videos, pics and info about the cab. Worth that extra money for sure… 

• Like 1