Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

25inch Crt Monitor+chassis

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, namastepat said:

He's actually after a 59cm, not a 63cm. The 63cm in Aus sizing is 26 inch, 25 inch is 59cm, which are even harder to find than 63cm tubes.

They are out there if your lucky and time it well. Mate has a neighbour today wheel out a complete 25 inch cab today for kerbside. He couldn't race over fast enough. Still find 59 tvs on kerb but all about timing

• Like 1

Thanks chaps for the feedback. Pat is right about the size & difficulty finding one. After being a pinball guy where most parts are actually pretty obtainable due to reproduction, trying to rescue all these great ol arcades by finding the suitable monitors, replacement controllers etc - its a new challenge entirely.

I have 3 X 25" tubes but no chassis to suit. They are Toshiba that we installed in many AMF machines. 2 are brand new and none have burn in. I got them because we had moved on to 26" and these just seemed to good to throw out considering they were still in boxes with the plastic neck pin protectors intact.

The EHT transformer was the issue with the chassis that came with these tubes. They burnt out and replacements couldn't be found. Maybe Jomac now has a chassis suitable for these tubes, I don't know.

Worthy of checking if your after a brand spanking new 25" CRT. 

• Like 1

About this post anyone know if uni chassis still available for 25s

Finally got my mates cab inspected and chassis is dead so unsure of tube as well. Amazingly cps2 boots fine after years of shed life then out on the verge

Will do. Been a quiet  few years since i dabbled in monitors. I know its a kortek tube so not sure if they are the ones that were pretty crap. Ive found him a 59cm too as backup plan.

Will be forwarding joeys details to him. No tube glow so hopefully just a dud chassis as board is playing blind atm so a good sign. And gotta look into the battery replacement for him

I have a couple left atm and quite a few used spares for 25" tubes.

Those tubes that @Autosteve has would be gold, Toshiba only made "A" tubes and I have only ever seen a couple of the ones Steve is talking about from AMF, the chassis they come out with as he mentioned were terrible things so most of the tubes left over were still like brand new.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jomac said:

I have a couple left atm and quite a few used spares for 25" tubes.

Those tubes that @Autosteve has would be gold, Toshiba only made "A" tubes and I have only ever seen a couple of the ones Steve is talking about from AMF, the chassis they come out with as he mentioned were terrible things so most of the tubes left over were still like brand new.

We got those tube/ chassis in, I'd say at least 50 sets of them,  to replace the 20" used in the Taito 20" cabinets for 25" as we could get them to fit in our older 20" Taito fleet but we also fitted them in LAI Kortech fitted machines. The Kortechs had a habit of taking out the green gun in quick time often well still under warrenty. Reguvinating did sometimes bring them back but the kortechs always appeared a little washed out colour wise and you could never get the green back as bright as the red and blue as it was prior to the green failing where as the Toshibas had very nice vibrant, uniform colours.

In the end we started ordering new LAI empty cabs and fitted these tubes ourselves such was the issues with the Kortechs.

We were under the impression we could use the old 240-100 volt Taito isolation trannys used on the old 20" Taito tubes on the new 25' Toshibas but found they ran hot because they were running borderline current wise for the larger tubes. We got in larger local 240-120volt isolation trannys and this is where I think we stuffed up. Honestly I think the 120volt was to high, it should have been 100 volts.

They did last a couple of years 24/7 arcade hours before the EHT trannys started cooking but not the near two decades we got out of the older 20" toshibas.

Maybe you can confirm this suspicion Joey?.

The replacement 25" Toshiba tube/ chassis kits were what they called security monitor kits designed to run non stop in airports etc and come in close to $2000 a piece though memory where as the Kortechs were around $600 direct from LAI so I would say you got what you paid for.

I just hope you have chassis to run these tubes Joey and they go on to do as intended. I refuse to sell them on until I know the buyer can actually use them and if it was the higher voltage that killed the EHTs, make sure the buyer is well aware and fits the correct voltage isolation trannys.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I cant thank you guys enough for this, i have arranged with Bill for pick up. These will be invaluable to the arcade. We have around 300 machines all up & keeping them all alive is a big enough challenge, keeping them looking & playing perfectly is a whole other challenge again on top.

@Autosteve, if you are ever allowed to visit Brisbane again, please feel free to come down with a mate & checkout 1up Arcade on the house. We are a freeplay arcade after entry so its a good day out if you have the time. These are really appreciated & will be sure to post some pics once we get them chassis, in new machine, up & running 🤗🍻

Joey, i think you spoke to Stephen the owner last week, so either me or him will be in contact once they arrive to push it further. Stoked 

On 08/11/2021 at 9:27 AM, Autosteve said:

Honestly I think the 120volt was to high, it should have been 100 volts.

They did last a couple of years 24/7 arcade hours before the EHT trannys started cooking but not the near two decades we got out of the older 20" toshibas.

Maybe you can confirm this suspicion Joey?.

The replacement 25" Toshiba tube/ chassis kits were what they called security monitor kits designed to run non stop in airports etc and come in close to $2000 a piece though memory where as the Kortechs were around $600 direct from LAI so I would say you got what you paid for.

I just hope you have chassis to run these tubes Joey and they go on to do as intended. I refuse to sell them on until I know the buyer can actually use them and if it was the higher voltage that killed the EHTs, make sure the buyer is well aware and fits the correct voltage isolation trannys.

I remember those exact monitors now, they were sold as security and studio monitors, basically the Rolls Royce of monitors.
Yeah the Kortek you are talking the same size was infamous Orion tube, used in NBA, Mortal Kombat , Killer Instinct 1 , I posted a lot about these, Kortek ( SeeJoo Corp ) declared the Orion tubes as faulty and supplied replacement Sumsung tubes to LAI, enough to replace every single one sold in Australia.
They were supplied free of charge to all customers who had a faulty tube and asked for it to be replaced under warranty, the catch was if you went into LAI and said you needed a new tube because your Orion was dead they would sell you a new Samsung replacement tube for $320.00, they would never ask or inform that if you said the right thing it was free.
Somehow there are still some of these Orion tubes out there working!!

Those Toshiba's were supposed to be operated between 95~105vac , so 120v would have caused them to run hot as hell and also explains why so many of them had failed regulator sections.
The B+ is supposed to be set to 93vdc +/- 5% , when the regulator shorted out the B+ sat at 138vdc which in turn increased the primary voltage to the flyback and why they failed., Surprisingly a lot of them still ran for quite a long time like that only highlighting how amazing they were.
I use a variac to the primary of the isolation transformer on the bench and not many Nanao or Toshiba chassis will work on 120vac for very long, the MS8-26 will fail at around 116vac, the MS9-29 will survive up to 132vac but of course not for long.
Something else amazing with those 25" Toshiba tubes was after the B+ went to 138vdc the heater voltage went over 7 volts, any other tube would have failed but these were not effected at all, emission were still 100% when put back to 6.3v .

• Like 1

On 14/11/2021 at 10:26 AM, namastepat said:

Measure the yoke resistances like I showed you and then message Joey with the readings. He should be able to match something to the tubes based on those readings.

Yup, i haven't got them yet so thats kinda hard, but we are getting the measurements  etc 😀