Jump to content
IGNORED

Houseball 2022 New Organiser Required


Recommended Posts

I am looking for someone to take over organising Houseball for 2022.

With working full time, my new pinball rental business and life in general its hard to find the time and energy for Houseball.

I am still happy to help out with scoring etc and there are others in place that help out already (you would have to ask if they are still keen).

It would be sad to see Houseball end so hopefully someone will put their hand up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 16/10/2021 at 1:47 PM, Arcade King said:

@DAG

Here's you chance to shine.

Already doing new comps at Multiball Mania 2 times each month and already suppling the $50 plus acoustic backed clipboards $500-$600 in total) for every machine and also supply the bag o lollies each time. Already much more involvement than most....

Maybe those that can't host an event can put their hand up??? That makes more sense to me.....But may as well be talking to the wall in some cases. Some only want to use others equipment. It's like any sporting club or organisation. Those that never have helped probably never will and will be the first to complain and the last to help. I've also done 2 years of scoring and score-sheets which Rusty decided he would do again.

I agree that it would be a shame to let Houseball die. It's also time for someone fresh to take over. No offense to Rusty but it seems your priorities have changed. And good for you.

Anyone going to make any constructive critism?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Arcade King said:

I think its a case of people know one another now and private meets are far more common.

I know you should consult with Rusty but wouldn't this be better if PM'd to the actual Houseball crew in the current Houseball Thread or even better. Announced at Houseball???

Same 6 people seeing this here and at the moment it's you and me? Not sure what the F happens on F/B thou so 1 other may have read this???

Can't get new organizers if Nobody gets told and most don't see this forum any more (Sad Sad) ????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Private meets between mates are very common, but there's still a place for Houseball. Everyone I know who regularly goes has a great time and it brings everyone together for beers and chats. It would be a crying shame to see it end due to a lack of organisation. @Cranky Dave has organised before, wanna go again Cranky? You always did a bang up job working with Rusty.

If no one else puts their hand up, I will. But I feel like I should be a last resort, as I cannot host myself due to not having enough pins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, namastepat said:

Private meets between mates are very common, but there's still a place for Houseball. Everyone I know who regularly goes has a great time and it brings everyone together for beers and chats. It would be a crying shame to see it end due to a lack of organisation. @Cranky Dave has organised before, wanna go again Cranky? You always did a bang up job working with Rusty.

If no one else puts their hand up, I will. But I feel like I should be a last resort, as I cannot host myself due to not having enough pins.

Wouldn't not hosting give you more time and less stress to be an organizer???

@Cranky Dave didn't have a meet? Sort a date and venue and most of the Stress belongs to the Host? Unless I've totally missed something? And if so tell me...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rusty generally hosted one, I feel like if I was organising, I would like to also host.

Other reasons I should be a last resort is that I am not personal friends with a good number of the major hosts, I don't hang around much in pinball circles and really don't see most of the hosts outside of Houseball. I am not a big part of the pinball community like Rusty is.

If no one else wants to organise, and it comes down to saving Houseball, I will put my hand up and do my best. But I am not ideally suited for the task.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This has been answered strangely.

This isn't about, pointing fingers, calling out organizers or current attendees. 

It's a simple, hey guys, anyone feel like assisting cause I'm a bit busy of late.

The right answer is, 

Great to hear you are busy. We've all been there. We have a little time to think about options, but glad you put it out there and we can all chat about it over a beer at the next houseball.

Or if you are keen before then, shoot a message to Rusty.

It's not really an analysis on the very fabric of houseball, no need to complicate things.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, visualmagic said:

This has been answered strangely.

This isn't about, pointing fingers, calling out organizers or current attendees. 

It's a simple, hey guys, anyone feel like assisting cause I'm a bit busy of late.

The right answer is, 

Great to hear you are busy. We've all been there. We have a little time to think about options, but glad you put it out there and we can all chat about it over a beer at the next houseball.

Or if you are keen before then, shoot a message to Rusty.

It's not really an analysis on the very fabric of houseball, no need to complicate things.

I was thinking of how to reply to the message above but you have done it perfectly for me.

Soooooo as @visualmagichas said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Me or DAG? Like I said, happy to organise if no one else wants to, but I feel like I might struggle to convince hostees to jump back in as I am not a big part of the pinball scene in Brissie and not everyone knows me that well.

I'll chat to you at the next Houseball Rusty and you can give me the lowdown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, visualmagic said:

This has been answered strangely.

This isn't about, pointing fingers, calling out organizers or current attendees. 

It's a simple, hey guys, anyone feel like assisting cause I'm a bit busy of late.

The right answer is, 

Great to hear you are busy. We've all been there. We have a little time to think about options, but glad you put it out there and we can all chat about it over a beer at the next houseball.

Or if you are keen before then, shoot a message to Rusty.

It's not really an analysis on the very fabric of houseball, no need to complicate things.

Sorry if this is taken wrong.....Stating the bleeding obvious but as mentioned above.....How many people have read this. Preaching to the converted is a waste of time. Asking those that don't contribute would be better. But as stated, you don't need machines to organize. You don't need to be a host to attend so I really don't get this comment? Sorry Pat. 

As for how I answered, I mentioned that it was Good Rusty had new things happening. So now I'm really confused?  I generally thank all involved and know that I've 

As for the current involvement I mentioned above. Most at Houseball don't know who does what. I rarely get a thanks for my gear as most don't even know who supplies these things. (except a small few)

And furthermore, aren't we all friends at Houseball? If my comments are what is being questioned at any time then pick up the Dog & Bone my friends. Haven't had a call for some time???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sorry if this is taken wrong.....Stating the bleeding obvious but as mentioned above.....How many people have read this. Preaching to the converted is a waste of time. Asking those that don't contribute would be better. But as stated, you don't need machines to organize. You don't need to be a host to attend so I really don't get this comment? Sorry Pat. 

As for how I answered, I mentioned that it was Good Rusty had new things happening. So now I'm really confused?  I generally thank all involved and know that I've 

As for the current involvement I mentioned above. Most at Houseball don't know who does what. I rarely get a thanks for my gear as most don't even know who supplies these things. (except a small few)

And furthermore, aren't we all friends at Houseball? If my comments are what is being questioned at any time then pick up the Dog & Bone my friends. Haven't had a call for some time???

Yep we are all friends here mate. But it is just the way you put things in writing. It can come across the wrong way and  I know you are not trying to do that.

I can't tell you the hours I have spend on the software because it had numerous bugs etc running finals and I was in touch heaps with the Dev. oh and I pay for the subscription myself.
I am not asking or expecting thanks for what I do, I do it because it has to be done and I am happy to help.

But I don't then go and say well I do more then most.. I know what you are trying to say,  but it is just the way you put it.
All you needed to say is I have got a lot on my plate at the moment so I won't have the time to run it. That would have been the end of it all.

Anyway not trying to stir the pot mate.... you had asked for any constructive criticism that is my thoughts...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
2 hours ago, DAG said:

I know you should consult with Rusty but wouldn't this be better if PM'd to the actual Houseball crew in the current Houseball Thread or even better. Announced at Houseball???

Same 6 people seeing this here and at the moment it's you and me? Not sure what the F happens on F/B thou so 1 other may have read this???

Can't get new organizers if Nobody gets told and most don't see this forum any more (Sad Sad) ????

I'm not part of the circle so no idea what happens on FB....kind of the least of my cares or worries atm to be honest.

I love my drama free bubble.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Saber said:

Yep we are all friends here mate. But it is just the way you put things in writing. It can come across the wrong way and  I know you are not trying to do that.

I can't tell you the hours I have spend on the software because it had numerous bugs etc running finals and I was in touch heaps with the Dev. oh and I pay for the subscription myself.
I am not asking or expecting thanks for what I do, I do it because it has to be done and I am happy to help.

But I don't then go and say well I do more then most.. I know what you are trying to say,  but it is just the way you put it.
All you needed to say is I have got a lot on my plate at the moment so I won't have the time to run it. That would have been the end of it all.

Anyway not trying to stir the pot mate.... you had asked for any constructive criticism that is my thoughts...

Appreciated, as you should have figured out by now with only a handfull of years between us there is light years between how we see social media. Not just you and me but most people. It's like arcade. Not for me. But unfortunately this is the only social media I do and that's not changing anytime soon. Yes again that will be my drama.

Maybe at some point however people would take the time, as you have, to say their true opinion whether it is what others believe or not. I too have paid for software and spent many hours doing the unknown by many. I too am happy to help as you know, and I'm not saying I do more than most. What I am trying to say to others is stand up and be counted. Stop putting your head in the sand an put your hand up. There have been so many contributors since the inception of Houseball. And yes I've looked at the names that appeared in the series before I found Pinball and Houseball. Some of these people are still around and some have moved on. What we appear to be looking for is new blood. Not that there is anything wrong with the old blood.

I too am not trying to stir the pot. I'm hoping someone else has a go just to make it fair. I hope that's not going to upset anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...